This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
IMPORTANT - Articles Impacted due to 6.34 October NXT Release
Due to the v6.34 October, 2022 release, this article has been impacted. Steps, images, and playable GIFs in this article will soon be updated to reflect the latest changes.
For more information about the latest UI changes, click here.
This article explains how admins can configure the People Section in C360/R360 layouts.
This configuration includes adding fields to the list and detailed view configuration of the People section and adding fields that will be available for CSMs while adding a person in the C360/R360 Person section. You can add the People section from the list of C360 sections located in the C360/R360 Layouts > Add Layout > Configuration Sections page. The People section in the C360/R360 page displays the list of people associated with the company or relationship, as well as their personal and association details, fetched from the Gainsight Person Model. For more information on Gainsight Person, refer to the Gainsight Person Object Model article.
The following section explains the configuration of a layout using C360, and the configuration for R360 remains the same.
Add People Section
To add the People section to C360:
- Navigate to Administration > 360 Layouts > C360.Note: To add a People section to the R360 page, navigate to Administration > 360 Layouts > R360.
- Click Add Layout.The Basic Details page appears.Note: When you edit an existing layout, you select View/Edit. from the context menu of the Layout. You are navigated to the Configuration Sections page directly.
- Click the Configure icon.
- Edit the section title if required.
- Click the configure icon.
The People Configuration page appears. There are four tabs available for admins to configure and add fields to ensure that their CSMs find person/people related information quickly and can work more efficiently.
These are the following four tabs that are available for the admins to configure:
Add Person Section in 360
You can add the Person Section to a C360/R360 layout.
To add the Person Section:
- In the Configure Sections step, drag and drop the People section from the left pane.
- Click the Configure icon. The Save to Configure dialog is displayed, if you have not saved the Layout.
- Click Yes. The People Configuration page is displayed.
- Drag and drop the fields that you want to be displayed in the People section.
- Click Save.
Configure People Section
The following key areas are used while configuring the List View of specific layout as listed in the image above:
- Available Fields: This shows the list of available data points to configure the List View.
- Allow Record Delete:This allows the end users to delete person records from the C360/R360 page.
- Allow Add Person: This allows the end users to add person records from the C360/R360 page.
Configure List View
The fields you select in the People Configuration page > List View are displayed as columns in the list view in the same order from left to right for the CSMs.
To add fields in the List View configuration:
- In the List View tab, drag and drop the required fields of the Person and Company. Person objects from Available Fields to Selected Fields.
- Select the Allow Record Delete checkbox to allow end users to delete person records from the C360/R360 page.
- Select the Allow Add Person checkbox to allow end users to add person records from the C360/R360 page.
- Hover over on any field name and change the field label that should appear in the list view.
- The sequence of the field name could be changed on clicking and dragging it as needed.
- Click Save to save the list view configuration.
List view in the People section from the C360 page looks similar to the following image:
Configure Detail View
Fields that you add from the person model into this configuration page appear to CSMs in each person detail view from the C360 > People section.
To add fields to the Detail View configuration:
In the Detail View tab, drag and drop the required fields of the Person and Company Person objects from Available Fields to Selected Fields. All of the standard and custom fields from the Gainsight Person model are available in the Available Fields.
In the Selected Fields, hover on any field to perform the following actions:
- Click the Settings icon of any field.
- Select/Deselect the Enable checkbox to make the fields editable/non editable for the users to modify/add values directly from the C360 > People section
- In the detail View tab, click on the field name to edit/rename it.
- Check or uncheck the Show Company and Show Relationship checkboxes to add or remove the Relationships and Company sections from the C360/R360 > Person Detail View.
Note: This checkbox is available when Relationships are configured in the org.
- Click Save after you configure the fields.
Configure Add Person
Fields that you add from the person model into this configuration page appear to CSMs while adding a person from the C360 > People section. CSM can add information into these fields while adding a person.
To add fields while configuring People section:
- In the People section, click the configuration icon.
- In the People Configuration page > Add Person tab, drag and drop the required fields of the Person and Company Person objects from Available Fields to Selected Fields. You can see all of the standard and custom fields from the Gainsight Person model in the Available Fields. For more information about these fields, refer to the Annexure available at the end of this article.
- Hover on any field name and change the field label that should appear in the Add Person dialog.
- The sequence of the field name could be changed on clicking and dragging it as needed. The sequence will be displayed as columns in the list view in the same order from left to right for the users (CSMs).
- Select/deselect the Allow Add Person and/or Allow Record Delete checkbox to decide whether or not you want your CSMs to see the Add Person button while accessing the People section of any customer or they can delete any record.
Click Save. Once this configuration is done, end users (such as CSMs) can directly add people from the C360 > People section.
Configure Map View
This section explains how Gainsight administrators can configure People Maps. Admins can add fields to the Map View tab of the People section. Once admin adds the fields, users can see the added fields on the People Maps section.
Admins can add a maximum of six fields from the Person and Company Person objects to the Person Map View > Configure Card section.. Admins should add any one or both of the Additional Attributes: NPS® Score and Last Engagement Date to the Person Map View. At least one of the additional attributes must be added to the map view. Once the map view is configured, Person Card Preview can be seen next to the selected fields.
To add fields to the Map view:
- Navigate to the C360 Layouts tab > Configuration Section > People Configuration page.
- Navigate to the Map View tab. The Default Layout page appears.
- Choose the layout needed from the Default Layout section as shown in the image above. It could be either Vertical or Horizontal.
Note: Admins can configure the layout for the People Map as Horizontal or Vertical view by default. The map is displayed to the CSMs or other users in this default layout. CSMs or other users can switch between the view layouts of the map as required. The vertical layout is more suitable for large organizations where the person hierarchy is wider, to avoid horizontal scroll in the map while the horizontal layout is suitable for smaller organizations where the map has fewer hierarchy levels.
Note: Each time CSM reloads or navigates back to the C360 page, the People List page appears in the default view.
- Click Configure Card.
- Drag and drop the required fields from the Available Fields to the Configured Fields area.Note: By default, Name and Email fields are available on the Configure Card tab. You can remove the Email field, if required. However, you cannot remove the Name field. Apart from the Name field, you can add a maximum of five additional fields to the card.Click Save.
Admins should add any one or both of the Additional Attributes: NPS® Score and Last Engagement Date to the People Map View. At least one of the additional attributes must be added to the map view. Once the map view is configured, Person Card Preview can be seen next to the selected fields.
For more information on C360/R360, refer to the following articles:
- 360 Overview
- Configure 360 Layouts
- Configure Associated Objects to Relationship
- Configure Attribute Section in 360
- Configure Embed Section in 360
- Configure Reports Section
- Configure Usage Section in 360
- Configure Company Hierarchy Section in 360
- Configure Relationship Section and Views in 360
- Configure Summary Section in 360
- Build People Maps
- Overview of C360/R360 Sections and Widgets
- View Company Hierarchy
- Export Success Snapshot Presentations
- Sponsor Tracking Overview
- New 360 FAQs
- Relationships Overview
- Configure Relationships
- Configure Associated Objects to Relationship
- Define and Configure Relationship Types
- Relationships Overview