This article explains how to create a Slider engagement in Gainsight PX.
A Slider engagement is made up of multiple slides. When you launch a Slider, it is displayed as a lightbox on the selected page. Users can navigate through the slides to access the content of the slider. Sliders are helpful when you want to convey multiple messages or announcements, such as introducing new functionality. This article explains how to create a slider engagement.
This section explains the procedure to create a slider engagement.
To create a slider:
- Click the Engagements section from the left pane.
- Click Create.
- Enter a name for the slider.
- Select the Slider option.
- (applicable only if you are using multiple products) Select your product.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Create.
- Select a template or create the slider from scratch.
- Add content to the slide as required.
Click + New to add more slides.
(Optional) Click to rearrange the order of your slides.
(Applicable only if the above step is executed) Click Apply.
- Click the duplicate icon to clone a slide. This option duplicates only the current slide and not all the slides.
- Click the delete icon to delete a slide. This option deletes only the current slide and not all the slides.
- Set the size, background color and other settings for your slide. Refer to the Anatomy of Engagements article for more information.
- On the third tab, select the overlay, background color and the arrow style for the sliding arrow.
Clear the Cyclic check box, to ensure that your slider does not continue to restart from the last slide.
When you clear the Cyclic check box, you must also select the color and style for the closing arrow which indicates the end of the slider.
- Click Save.
- Click the Preview icon to preview your slide.
- Select the Audience, set the schedule and launch the slider. For more information on how to create Audience rules, refer to the Anatomy of Engagements article.
Best Practices Using a Slider
- Use Gainsight templates present under the Default Templates tab to create attractive sliders.
- Do not include more than 6 slides. Users may lose interest.
- Do not use too much content on any slide. Add eye-catching images, videos etc.