Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains admins on applying different configurations on a survey in the Survey Properties page. After a new Survey is created, the Properties page of the new Survey appears. In this page, Admins can:
- Change the Basic Configuration of the Survey like Entity, Name, and Languages.
- Apply Additional Configuration like Survey Type, Category, and Visual Experience.
To learn more on how you can create a Survey, refer to Create a Survey.
Click ✓ at the bottom-right of the page to save any changes, and click X to undo any changes.
You can change the following options in the Basic Configuration section. Configure the following options in the Create Survey page:
- Entity: Select if you would like the Survey to be for Company or Relationship. For Relationship, you can change the Relationship type.
- Name: Edit the survey’s name.
- Languages: Select one or multiple languages.
Configure the following options in the Additional Configuration section:
- Survey Type: Select one of the following options:
- Transactional: Transactional surveys tend to be event-based such as after training or a conference, after key customer stages (for example, implementation/time of launch), after case closure, or after an opportunity is closed.
- Non-Transactional: Non-transactional surveys are about gathering overall periodic input on your product or process such as NPS/Customer loyalty and satisfaction assessment; measure ROI; or identify advocates for possible references.
If you select the Transactional survey type, the following fields are available for configuration:
- Associated Object: You can select an object to be linked to survey responses. Typically an admin would select an object where a transaction is recorded such as case closure or new opportunity.
- Associated Field ID: You can select the ID of a field to associate with the survey. If the Associated Object is an MDA object, Associated Field can be any field available in the MDA object.
- Associated Field Name: You can select the field to associate with the survey.
- Survey Category: Select from the following options for the Survey:
- Non-Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is known and tracked.
- Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is completely unknown and not tracked.
- Semi-Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is unknown, but the person’s associated company or relationship is known and tracked.
Note: If Anonymous is selected, the survey cannot be changed to Non-Anonymous. The Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous are only supported by the generic survey Program model. For more information on Program models, refer to << Available Models for Programs >> TBA. For more information on sending Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous surveys, refer to Distributing Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous Surveys through Programs.
- Start Date: Enter the Open Date of the survey
- End Date: Enter the Closed Date of the survey
- Link Expiration: Configure the number of days for which the survey link is valid after the survey is sent. If this field is left blank, the survey link does not have an expiry date.
- Partial Completion: Enter the number of days for partial completion.
Survey responses are automatically saved every 5 seconds. If a respondent drops off a survey due to survey fatigue or navigates away from the survey, partial data will be saved. The respondent can also complete the survey later without losing any data. Incomplete submissions will be logged as “Partial Saved” until a set amount of time determined by the admin elapses. The Partial Saved survey will be logged as “Partial Submitted” after the set amount of time passes. The field Partial Completion allows you to configure the amount of time required before a “Partially Saved” response gets converted to “Partially Submitted”. By default, this value is set to 10 days.
- Once a partially saved response gets converted to partially submitted, participants will not be able to continue taking their survey.
- If you publish your survey (it's "live") and you're testing it, keep in mind that the partial save functionality will store any answers that you select during testing. Partial save occurs automatically in the background and does not require the user to click save or submit. This could inadvertently lead to answers being stored for a contact that did not actually take the survey.
- Survey Code: Check the survey code here. For backend purposes, available in reports and to track surveys. Gainsight automatically generates a code.
- Allow Internal Submission: Select this check box if you would like to be able to manually enter responses on behalf of survey recipients. This can be used if you have a low response rate and decide to do a phone campaign to ask the same questions. For more information on submitting internal responses, refer to Submit Surveys Internally.
Note: Internal Submission is only available for surveys with the Non-Anonymous category.
Under the Additional Configuration section, you can configure the survey’s visual appearance. You can configure the visual appearance on the left-hand side and preview your changes in the Survey Theme on the right-hand side.
To configure the Visual Experience:
- Add Logo: Upload an image to use as a logo within your survey. Click the Add Logo button, to display the Browse Image dialog window. Click Browse to select an image saved locally on your computer, or select an existing image that you’ve already uploaded.
- Display Name: Enter a name that displays at the top of the survey.
- Header: Enter a message that displays at the top of the survey.
- Footer: Enter a message that displays at the bottom of the survey.
- Thank You Message: Select either Message, Redirect URL, or Custom Page. Following are the options in this:
- Message: enables you to type in a custom message.
- Redirect URL: allows you to input a URL that the participant will be directed to after clicking Submit at the end of the survey.
- Custom Page: allows you to select a custom page that the participant will be directed to after clicking Submit at the end of the survey. Only pages configured under Administration > Pages are available to be selected as a Thank You message. To learn more about creating pages, refer to Setup a Gainsight Domain.
Note: After a custom page is selected as the Thank You message for a survey, you can select only the site associated with that page on the survey distribution tab. For more information on selecting sites for survey distribution, refer to Distribute Surveys.
- Enter Message/URL/Custom Page: Depending on the option selected in the Thank You Message field, enter the text for the Message, the URL for Redirect URL, or select a page for Custom Page.
- Show save button: Select this to display a Save button within the survey. This allows participants to initiate a partial save.
Note: The normal partial save process still runs every five seconds in the background.
- Color: Select a color for the Background, Header & Footer, and Font of the Survey.
Translate Survey Properties
If you select multiple languages under the Basic Configuration section, you can translate the survey properties like Survey Name, Display Name, Header, Thank you Message and Footer.
Note: You can see the Translate option, if you have configured the survey’s visual appearance.
To translate survey properties:
- Click + at the bottom right of the page.
- Select the Translate option. Survey Properties Translation dialog appears.
- On the left side of the dialog, you can view the properties that are already configured in visual appearance.
- On the right side of the dialog, you can view the Translate to option and can choose the language to Translate.
- Enter translation for the properties.
- Click Save.