This article explains how to configure a PX Dashboard, including adding and configuring widgets in Dashboards and sharing a Dashboard. Gainsight recommends that you first read the Dashboard Overview article and then proceed with this article.
PX Dashboards offer an interactive way of viewing data. By default, Gainsight provides you with the Gainsight PX Dashboard. You can create multiple dashboards, customize and share them with users across the subscription.
Business Use Cases
Gainsight PX allows you to create Dashboards and set it with different access permission types. Following are a few examples of the three different permission types offered by Gainsight PX:
- An admin can create a Private dashboard that only he/she can access. This dashboard can help to analyze the performance metrics of a dialog engagement, announcing a new feature that allows users to provide feedback for support articles, launched to a segment of users.
- An admin can create a Public dashboard that shares common metrics for the subscription and make it accessible to all the users within the subscription.
- Consider that an Account Management team in your company needs to view a dashboard that shows widgets related to all the relevant account information. An admin user can now create the required dashboard and share with the team members with customized access permissions (view/edit) for each user.
Create a Dashboard
This subsection explains how to create a new Dashboard.
To create a new Dashboard:
- Navigate to Dashboards.
- Click on +New Dashboard. The Create Dashboard window displays.
In the Create Dashboard window, provide the following details:
- Enter a name for the Dashboard.
- Select a product for which the Dashboard is applicable (this step is required only if you have configured multiple products in your subscription).
- Select a product environment for your dashboard.
- (Optional) Select the Set this as my default dashboard checkbox to enable the option
- Click Create. The new Dashboard is now created. Once you create a Dashboard, you can add widgets to your Dashboard.
A widget is a pre-configured report on a specific metric. Gainsight PX offers 21 widgets out of the box which may be added to Dashboards. Apart from the 21 widgets, Gainsight PX also offers five mobile widgets. You can use the mobile widgets in your Dashboard but data would be populated only after you configure Gainsight PX SDK.
To add widgets to the dashboard:
- Click Add Widget. The Select Widget window is displayed.
- Click on the required widget. The selected widget is added to the dashboard.
- (Optional) Repeat the above steps to add more widgets.
- (Optional) To modify the name of the widget, click update name icon, enter new name, and press the enter key.
- (Optional) Click the actions button and then click the clone icon, to clone the widget.
- (Optional) Click the actions button and then click the delete icon, to delete the widget.
Set Filter Criteria for the Widgets
You can customize the widgets by applying appropriate filters. Each widget displays data for the selected Date range based on the applied Filters.
Create Customized Filters
To add the required filter criteria:
Click the filters icon .
Note: You can modify the widget name from the Filters page as well.
- In the Date range drop-down menu, select the number of days or a range of dates for which you wish to display data in the widget and click Apply.
- In the Chart type field, select the type of visual data representation required in the widget.(Line chart/Area Chart/Bar Chart)
Click Add filter to add filters to the data displayed in the widget.
Configure a filter as required.
The below filter displays leads located in India and generated between Oct 1, 2020, to Oct 15, 2020.
When you apply multiple filters, by default the AND logic is applied. You can modify it to the OR logic.
(Optional) Click Save as and enter a name to save your filter.
When you save a filter, it appears by default in all widget filters under the MY FILTERS section. You can choose to apply the filter, rename it, or delete it.
- Click Done to save the widget.
The filters displayed under the PUBLIC FILTERS section appear in the widget configuration window of all the widgets.
Note: You cannot delete but modify these filters. Click the filter name to view the filters applied. Click the apply icon to apply the filter to your widget.
Apart from the dashboards created on your web application using the Web-App channel, Gainsight PX also allows users to create dashboards for your mobile application. Gainsight PX offers five Mobile widgets. Additionally, the Average Session duration and Session count widgets allow you to view data from both mobile and web applications.
Note: Data is populated on the mobile widgets only after you configure Gainsight PX Android SDK on your mobile application. For more information on how to install Gainsight PX Android SDK, refer to the Install Gainsight PX SDK for Android article from the Additional Resources section.
This allows you to update configuration settings of any Dashboard.
To Edit Dashboard:
- Click on the actions menu and select Edit Dashboard. The Edit Dashboard window displays.
- Click Update after making relevant changes.
Cloning allows you to copy any Dashboard. The cloned Dashboard has the same name as the original Dashboard. The word Clone is appended at the end.
Click the clone icon to clone Dashboard. Another Dashboard will be created with the same name along with the ‘Clone’ tag under the MY DASHBOARDS section.
Deleting a dashboard is very easy. Open the Dashboard and simply click Delete Dashboard from the actions menu.
IMPORTANT: Clicking the delete icon will permanently delete the dashboard from the account and the deleted dashboard cannot be retrieved.
Set Access Permissions on Dashboard
Once you create dashboards, you can share them with users across the subscription by clicking the share icon. Users can view and edit the live dashboards to which they have access.
Gainsight PX offers the following three dashboard permissions.:
- Give Access to Specific Users
All the dashboards created by you are listed under this category. Only you can view, edit, and delete the private dashboards. Set this permission type by selecting the Private option from the Select Permission Type dropdown.
Assign the Public permission to a dashboard if you want the dashboard to be accessible to all the users in the PX subscription. By default, a dashboard is created with Public permission. To change any other permission type of a dashboard to Public, select the Public option from the Select Permission Type dropdown.
Note: When you enable Edit Access, all the users in the subscription can edit the dashboard.
Give Access to Specific People
Assign access to specific people using this permission type. You can select the required users for sharing the dashboard from the Add Users to share dropdown. You can change view/edit access permission for each user and also delete any user from the shared list.
Note: The dashboard owner's name and permission details are displayed when you hover over the Share icon in the Dashboard Home page.
|Install Gainsight PX SDK for Android|