This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how admins can sync data from Gainsight PX to Gainsight CS, how to enable PX usage data in an Adoption Explorer project and the impact of this enablement in an Adoption Explorer project.
Before you enable PX data in an Adoption Explorer project, you must first establish a connection between Gainsight PX and Gainsight CS, using PX Connector. For a detailed procedure on how to configure the PX connector, refer Configure PX Connector.
Enable PX Data in Adoption Explorer Project
Adoption Explorer has an out of the box integration to connect with Gainsight PX and pull pre-aggregated Feature usage data and Engagement data to provide quick insights via out of the box metrics and layouts.
Once you successfully establish a connection between Gainsight PX and Gainsight CS via PX Connector, you can now enable Bring Data from PX ? checkbox in an Adoption Explorer project.
To get PX Data into an Adoption Explorer project:
- Navigate to Adoption Explorer > Administration.
- Click + Project to create a new project (or) you can use the existing project, if you wish to. For more information on how to configure an Adoption Explorer project, refer Configure Projects in Adoption Explorer.
- Enter the Project Name as required.
- Enable Bring Data from PX ? checkbox to pull data from PX to Adoption Explorer project. Once you enable this checkbox, you will see that the checkboxes of the Company/Person level usage data for Daily and Weekly also gets enabled.
Note: If you select the Instance level data checkbox, you will see that the checkbox for Bring Data from PX ? gets disabled.
- Enter all other details in the Project Settings page, as required. For more information on Project Settings details, refer Project Settings.
- Click Create to save the project.
Now, navigate to the LOGS page, and you will see that GPX Boot action has been already started, once this action is successful, you will see that this particular Adoption Explorer project gets configured with the out of the box Sources, Derived metrics and Layouts. If required, you can further edit the sources and add the required custom fields to the data set, create derived fields and layouts.
Listed below are some of the significant fields that are shipped out of the box for each of the Adoption Explorer object:
- Company Usage Info:
- Daily Active Users Segment: When a Usage section is created on this field, it displays the segment into which the count of daily active users fall under.
- Total Active Users: Usage Section when created displays the total count of the active users.
- Total Users Segment: displays the segment into the count of the total users fall under.
- Unique Features Used: displays the count of the unique features used.
- Unique Features Used Segment: displays the segment into which the count of the unique features used fall under.
- Company Time Series Daily:
- Feature Id
- Feature Name
- Feature Path
- Feature Events Count: Usage Section when created displays the events count on the feature/the number of times a feature is used.
- Engagement Id
- Engagement Name
- PX Product Key: The product key at Company level can get you the aggregation data/analytics data of a Product for each Company. Having this Key in a usage section provides multi-product analytics at Company/Account level aggregations. Product Key is also available at Person level, and can get you the analytics data at Person level aggregations.
- Engagement Events Count: Usage Section when created displays the events count on the engagement/number of times an engagement is opened/clicked.
- Total User Count: displays the total count of the users.
- Daily Active User Count: displays the count of the daily active users.
- Company Time Series Weekly:
- Total Engagements: Usage Section when created displays the total number of engagements.
- Engagements Viewed in Last 30 Days: displays the total number of engagements viewed in the last 30 days.
- Weekly Active Users: displays the count of the users who are active during that particular week.
- Clicked Engagements: displays the count of the engagements on which the users have clicked.
- Unique Features in Last 7 Days: displays the count distinct of the features used at least once during last 7 days.
- Open Engagements: An engagement can be sent via email or in-app. Usage section when created on this field displays the sum of Emails Opened and In App Engagements Clicked.
- The fields listed above for Company Time Series (Daily/Weekly) are also shipped out of the box for Person Time Series (Daily/Weekly) objects.
- Usage data from Gainsight PX will be ingested into Adoption Explorer objects daily or typically at the end of the business day. If you are running the project for the first time, it may take anything between 2-24 hours depending on the volume of the usage data.
- For historical runs, you can schedule the project until the last six months.
- For more information on how to configure/edit the Sources, refer to Configure Adoption Explorer Objects article.
- For more information on how to create Derived Fields, refer to Configure Derived Fields article.
- For more information on how to create Layouts, refer to Create Layouts article.
- For more information on how to manually execute a job, refer to Logs article.