Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Admins can send Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous surveys through Programs. Each option tracks different levels of participant information as explained below:
- Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is completely unknown and not tracked.
- Semi-Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is unknown, but the account or relationship they belong to is known and tracked.
Anonymous and Semi-anonymous surveys can only be configured with the Generic Survey model in Programs. Analytics and participant responses on these surveys can be tracked in the Survey Analyze page. Analytics on these surveys are different and you are not able to view detailed analytics like Email Clicked by, Email Opened, etc. In a semi-anonymous survey, Company or Relationship ID is tracked and can be viewed on the Analyze page.
Note: After you create a generic survey model, you cannot change it to a different type of Program model.
Distribute Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous Surveys through Programs
To distribute an anonymous or semi-anonymous survey:
- Navigate to Administration > Surveys > Survey List.
- Click + to create a survey either for a company or relationship. For detailed instructions on how to create a survey, refer Create a Survey.
- Navigate to the Survey Properties page > Additional Configuration section.
- Select Survey Category as Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous as required.
- Apply other configurations in the Basic Configuration and Additional Configuration sections. For detailed instructions on different configurations in the survey Properties page, refer to Survey Properties.
- Navigate to the surveys Design page and create a page with required sections and questions. For more information, refer to Survey Design.
- Navigate to the Distribute page and publish the survey with the required Site URL. For detailed instructions, refer to Distribute Surveys.
Note: You cannot publish a survey without questions.
- Navigate to the Programs tab on the left pane. The Programs tab is enabled only after a survey is published.
- Click Programs.
- You can also see the analytics of the Program from this page, including the number of participants and the published date.
- You can also use this survey in multiple Programs.
- Click + to navigate to the Journey Orchestrator > Programs page. You can see that a new Program with the Anonymous/Semi-anonymous survey is created.
- Click the green participants box in the model and configure the participants in the Program journey. For more information, refer to Add participants to Program journey.
- In the Program Model, click the edit icon in the Survey Email step. The Survey Email configuration page appears.
- Configure the Survey Email page as required. For all the options in this page and detailed instructions, refer to Configure Model and Emails for Programs.
- Click BACK TO MODEL to navigate back to the model.
- Configure the rest of your Program.
- Click PUBLISH in the Program model page to publish the Program with the anonymous/semi-anonymous survey.
Navigate to the survey analyze page at Surveys > Survey List > [select the anonymous/semi-anonymous survey] > [ANALYZE page]. You can see the analytics of any participant responses on the anonymous/semi-anonymous survey in this page.
- Navigate to the survey Distribute page > [click Programs on the left pane]. You can see the following in this page:
- You can see the list of Programs, this survey is associated with.
- On clicking a Program in the list, you can see the analytics of the Program, including the number of participants and the published date.