Every user is on their own path to learning and adopting your product. Path analysis helps you visualize user activity and surface unexpected behaviors. Answering questions like “How did they get to a given feature?” or “Where do they go next?” Path Analyzer reports allow you to:
- Learn about the adoption path of the first mile of product for new users
- Visualize user activity to surface unexpected user flows
- Track user activity to learn how users get to a NEW feature and where do they go next.
Path Analyzer Settings
- Starting with / Ending with: allows you to analyze the journey to or from a feature based on the user session
- Feature / Engagement allows you to select a feature or engagement. The path report starts or ends from the selected feature or engagement.
- Engagement / Feature select: Select the engagement or feature from which the path report must begin or end. This drop-down menu is populated based on the option selected in the previous menu.
- User or session scope: allows you to visualize journey across visits under user scope or per session where the same users will be measured more than once.
Note: A new PX Session will begin after 30 minutes of user inactivity.
- Steps: defined how deep you want the journey to reflect
- Threshold: defines the minimum threshold for that metric to be counted into the path analysis
Measure the first mile of Product
Using user signup date you can specify the scope of your first mile of product to
- Learn about how users interact with your product
- Validate they on track, following the journey you expected and
- See who and where they drop-off
IMPORTANT: Path Analyzer displays the path traversed by the top 10 features only. If a user navigated from a Feature A to 100 different features, you can only view the 9 most common features visited by the user. The remaining 90 features are grouped as "Other" features. Also, you cannot configure the number of features which can be viewed in each step. Gainsight PX displays a maximum of 10 features in each step.
Learn about different Cohort's Journeys
You might have different personas, engagements or account types. You can specify any filter to match the cohort you're trying to analyze.
Gain Real-time Insights on New Release's Adoption
When launching a new feature or module you can specify the relevant step you want to focus on and see how users got to your newly launched feature or where do they go afterward.
Select the target feature you want to focus on:
For more information about all frequently asked questions, refer to the Analytics FAQs article.