1) Are the users in Gainsight PX the total population of users we have in our Platform? It appears there are less users in Gainsight PX compared to the number of users in our Platform.
Users will only register in PX once they commit an event/action/login. Thus, if a user is completely inactive since you've installed PX, they won’t populate in PX.
2) How are Active Users calculated?
Any user who logged into your webapp in the last 7 days is counted as "Active User". Also, it will not include today, as today tends to be partial data that will skew the metric. Active users is distinct (unique per user) within the timeframe defined. D/W/M specifies the unique user visit time period. 7 days on daily won't always match 7 days on weekly scope. This is why this KPI has scope [day/week/month].
3) After we installed the snippet, we noticed 252 active users but 498 sessions. It’s surprising for us to see such a big change in active users to sessions. Is it accurate?
A few definitions that would be easy for you to remember:
- Session: Every time a user logs in to your webapp and continues to work until 30 mins of inactivity. So, the moment they have been inactive for 30 mins or more when they resume after, it will add the count to one more user session. So, it is very well possible to have more # sessions compared to users as one user will have multiple sessions.
- Active User right now: This indicates active session based on the past 30 mins of data. So if you log in now and check, system displays a different number.
Given the above context, there doesn't seem to be an inaccuracy of data.