This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how CSMs can share a dashboard as a link through email with the internal user(s) from the Gainsight Home tab. For example, a CSM could share the Monthly Renewals dashboard with the CRO of the company, a CSM Manager can generate a report and see how number of CTAs each of his CSMs are working on, etc. which is delivered as a link through email. To enable CSMs to share a dashboard, the dashboard must first be configured for sharing by the admin. See the Configure Dashboard for Sharing article for information on how admins can configure a dashboard for sharing.
- CSMs can share the configured dashboard through email as a link, with optional security settings. The internal users (recipients) need to be added as a GS user into the GS User object. For more information on how a GS user can be added, refer to the Gainsight User Object article.
- If the users are unable to open the email link, contact your Gainsight Admin for resolving the issue.
- CSMs can see the dashboards that are assigned by admins, using Dashboard Permissions.
Share a Dashboard
To share a dashboard:
- Navigate to the Gainsight Home tab, and select the required dashboard from the dropdown list.
- Click PREVIEW & SHARE. In the preview page, you will see the dashboard as configured by the admin. This view is provided so that you can see the dashboard in its original state before sharing. For example: If you have made any changes to the filters from the dashboard page, those changes will not be visible here. The recipient will receive the dashboard in its original state as configured by the admin, and in read only mode.
Note: The PREVIEW & SHARE option is shown only when the admin enables the sharing options in the Dashboard Sharing Settings window.
- Click SHARE. The Email Dashboard window is displayed.
- In the Choose Users field, search and add the required users.
- Enter the subject in the Subject field.
- Enter the description in the Note field.
Note: The recipient must be added as a GS user into the GS User object. If you don’t see a contact, reach out to your Gainsight admin to add the recipient as a GS user. For more information on how admins can add a GS user into the GS User Object, refer to the Gainsight User Object article.
- Click SEND.
- Whenever Admins make any changes to the dashboard’s sharing settings, CSMs must share the dashboard again for the latest changes to be reflected.
- Any global filters applied by the admin while configuring the dashboard will be honored in the shared dashboard. Recipients cannot add additional filters, but the filter values for unlocked filters can be changed.
- Once a dashboard is shared, click the Track Users icon and you can view the users with whom it has been shared.
View Shared Dashboard
When a dashboard is shared by a CSM to the internal users (Full and Viewer license users), a notification is sent to the recipient's email address. The email notification includes a link to the dashboard, the expiration date of the link (if enabled), and information if the link requires OTP verification or not. Recipients would perform the following steps to access the shared dashboard:
- Click the Click here to view button in the email notification.
Note: Admin can revoke the access to a user on a link of a shared dashboard, and perform other actions like managing the dashboards and links shared. When recipients click Click here to view to access a link that has been revoked, a blank screen appears.
- In case the OTP access is invalid, the same message is displayed.
- In both cases mentioned above, the recipients need to contact the person (CSM/AM) who shared the link.
- Click SEND to request an OTP password to be sent to the registered email ID’s.
Recipients will receive an email that contains One Time Password.
IMPORTANT: This One Time Password is time-sensitive. And in case of repeated unsuccessful attempts, the link becomes invalid. Reinitiate the access request in case the OTP is expired.
- Enter the OTP received, to access the link.
- Click RESEND, if recipients do not receive the OTP.
Note: The OTP is valid for 5 minutes. If it expires, the recipients should send a request to the CSM/AM to share the dashboard again.
- Click VALIDATE. The shared dashboard is displayed. The dashboard view is read-only and you cannot add additional filters on the reports or add global filters. You can export the reports in the dashboard, if the admin has enabled export.
For information on how admins can configure a dashboard for sharing, refer to the Configure Dashboard for Sharing article.