This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article walks you through how to use external HTML templates from MailChimp, Sparkpost, ActiveCampaign, Maropost, AWeber, Emma etc in Gainsight Email Builder, and make them editable to customize as per user requirements.
Gainsight Email Templates are enhanced to support external HTML content, MailChimp templates, or any other external email templates to assist users in customizing their templates.
Users must select the Fixed Layout type while creating a new template to use external HTML content and make it editable. For more information on how to create a new template, refer to the Create Journey Orchestrator Email Templates article.
Edit External HTML Content by using Email Template
After a new template with a Fixed type layout is created:
- Navigate to the Code tab.
- Replace the existing HTML code with your own HTML content.
- Add gs-editable=”true” special attribute to main content elements like div, table cell (td), any text content elements, or body tag to allow the Email Editor to edit the external HTML content. For more information on the characteristics of the gs-editable tag, refer to Properties of gs-editable Tag section.
- Click SAVE.
Properties of ‘gs-editable’ Tag
The following are some of the important characteristics of the ‘gs-editable’ tag:
- It is used to provide a content-editing action for a particular element within a template.
- Adding gs-editable=”true” to an HTML element allows you to edit content or insert buttons/links/reports in the Email Editor.
- gs-editable=”true” must be used on a div, table cell, or any other element that is considered a content block within the template
Here are some of the important points to be considered while using the ‘gs-editable’ tag:
- The ‘gs-editable’ tag must not be nested under editable elements within other editable elements.
- Adding ‘gs-editable’ tag to body tag may delete any conditional comment in HTML if you edit content while you are in the Design mode of the Email Editor.
Support for MailChimp Client Layouts
When the user saves the template after replacing the existing HTML code with the MailChimp layout content, the editable areas in the MailChimp layouts are detected automatically by Email Editor. Also, it prompts a message to the user to allow the editor to add ‘gs-editable’ automatically to content elements in the template.