This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how admins can set up the Company Intelligence feature by configuring the companies and signals that your organization wants to stay up to date.
Company Intelligence helps users to stay informed about their customers and competitors. This feature searches publicly available information and alerts admins and users on the companies and signals they follow, and notifies through Slack, Email, and Company Intelligence section in the C360 page.
To set up the Company Intelligence feature, admins must configure the list of companies and signals to track. If you want to store the corporate URLs of these companies, define the field in the company object that contains the information.
After the companies and signals are selected, the application maps the companies with those available in the database. The mapping process completes immediately if the company is already available in the database. For a new company, the mapping process completes within 48 hours.
Configure Company Intelligence
To configure the companies and signals for Company Intelligence:
- Navigate to Administration > Company Intelligence. The Company Intelligence screen appears.
- Click Configure. The Opt-In screen appears.
- In the Details step, enter the Name and Description for the configuration.
- Click Next.
- In the Companies step, select the field in the company object that contains the company URL in the Company URL Field. This an optional field. However, Gainsight recommends you provide this information for quick and easy company identification.
- Filter the companies you want to track based on the company attributes such as the ARR, Status, Name, Renewal Date, Users, Modified date, NPS®, SFDC Account ID, and GSID.
If the Multi-Currency feature is enabled, the Currency Code dropdown list is displayed in the Filters section, for currency fields such as the ARR and MRR.
You can also group the filters in the Advanced Logic field based on your business use case.
- In the Companies list view, you can select the columns to view and rearrange the columns in the order of your choice.
- Click Next.
- In the Signals section, select the signals you would like to track for the selected companies. Users are notified when an update related to the selected signal is available with the company they follow. Following signals are available:
- Bankruptcy: This signal notifies users about the business shut-down and bankruptcy related information.
- Downsizing: This signal notifies users about the downsizing and cost-cutting related information.
- Exec Changes: This signal notifies users about key executive changes, new appointments, organizational restructuring, etc.
- Funding: This signal notifies users about information such as fundraising and investment details.
- IPO (Initial Public Offering): This signal notifies users when the company goes public by selling its stocks to the general public.
- M&A: This signal notifies users about the mergers and acquisitions updates.
- Click Next.
- In the Notifications section, select the following:
- The Slack Workspace and Slack Channel details to which Company Intelligence posts must be delivered. This eliminates the manual effort of the users to follow each company configured in Slack.
- The Send daily emails option in the Email Notification Preferences dropdown to receive the Company Intelligence posts through an email.
- The Send in-app notifications option in the In-App Notification Preferences dropdown to receive the Company Intelligence posts in the in-app notification window.
- Click Save. A message appears that Gainsight starts mapping the companies that you selected to track with the existing companies in the database.
Note: The mapping process for the available companies completes immediately. For new companies, the process takes up to 48 hours to complete.
You can view the company mapping history by clicking Show History in the Companies Mapping Status section. For more information on the company mapping process, refer to the Companies Mapping Process section.
Edit the Configuration
Admins can edit the configuration created with the companies and signals for Company Intelligence.
To edit the existing configuration:
- In the Company Intelligence summary view, click on the configuration step and then Edit. The Opt-In page appears.
- Modify the information in the necessary sections.
- Click Save. The configuration is updated.
Companies Mapping Process
Once you submit the list of companies and signals to be tracked, the mapping process starts. The mapping process identifies the right company from the database for each company you provided.
After the mapping process is completed, the companies are grouped into the following categories based on the status:
- Selected Companies: Lists the companies that are selected to be tracked.
- Mapped Companies: Lists the companies with the exact match. Users receive Company Intelligence posts for all the companies that are in this group.
- Mapping in-progress: Lists the companies for which the mapping process is yet to be completed. Users do not receive Company Intelligence posts until the mapping is complete.
- Multiple Mappings Found: Lists the companies that have more than one matching company. Admin can either confirm the right company from the drop-down or report the incorrect match. Users do not receive Company Intelligence posts for these companies until the admin takes an action.
- Companies not Found: Lists the companies that do not match. Admin can retry mapping the company by providing a valid URL.
The following flowchart depicts the process of mapping companies:
A weekly email notification is sent to the admin, along with the ‘Go To Company Intelligence Configuration Page’ link if any companies require mapping. The email is sent to the admin who last modified the Company Intelligence configuration.
Note: Weekly email notifications are sent only to active users.
Map Partially Matched Companies
Companies that match with more than one company in the database are displayed in the Multiple Mappings Found page. Admins must confirm the exact match for the company to map and move it to the Mapped Companies section.
To resolve partially matched companies:
- In the Company Intelligence summary view, click on the Multiple Mappings Found link in the Companies Mapping Status section. The list of unresolved companies appears.
- Select the right company from the Mapped Company dropdown.
Note: If the options provided in the Mapped Company dropdown are incorrect, you can select the Incorrect Match checkbox and, if required, provide a description for the incorrect match in the Notes section.
- Click Save.
Resolve Incorrect Company Mappings
Companies for which the mapping is completed are displayed in the Mapped Companies page. However, in case of incorrect matches, the admin must report the incorrect match for the company to move it to the Mapping in-progress section for further actions.
To resolve incorrect mappings:
- In the Company Intelligence summary view, click on the Mapped Companies link in the Companies Mapping Status section. The list of mapped companies appears.
- Select the Incorrect Match checkbox and provide a description for the incorrect match in the Notes section.
- Click Save.
The company which is marked as incorrect is moved to the Mapping in-progress section.
Map Companies With Valid URL
Selected companies that do not match with those in the database during the mapping process are listed in the Companies Not Found page. Admin can retry mapping the company by providing a valid URL.
To map the company with a valid URL:
- In the Company Intelligence summary view, click on the Companies Not Found link in the Companies Mapping Status section. The list of unmapped companies appears.
- In the Suggested URL field, enter a valid URL of the company.
- Click Save.
Following are some of the important points to be noted while configuring the list of companies and signals to be tracked for Company Intelligence:
- If new companies are added or removed from the list as part of the filter criteria used by admins while filtering the companies, admins receive an email notification to map the newly added companies. The filter criteria are evaluated every day. Admins can use sort options on the Added Date column to identify the newly added companies to the list.
- If no match is found even after two complete rounds of mapping process for the company in the database, admins can assume that the company is not found, and the company is added to the Companies Not Found page.
- For more information on Company Intelligence, refer to the Company Intelligence Overview article.
- For more information on how to get the required information in Slack, refer to the Use Company Intelligence in Slack article.
- For more information about the Company Intelligence section in C360, refer to the Company Intelligence in C360 article.
- For more information about the Company Intelligence section in Email, refer to the Company Intelligence in Email article.
- For more information on Sally FAQs, refer to the Company Intelligence FAQs article.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.|