Object Analyzer scans all the Objects in the instance and provides insights to improve performance.
Perform the following steps to use Object Analyzer:
- Navigate to Administration > Gainsight Analyzer > [click on Object Analyzer icon on the left].
The DASHBOARD tab displays the Object Analyzer Dashboard screen with a quick view summary of all the Objects arranged in tiles at the top of the screen, including the number of Custom Objects, number of System Objects, and number of Standard Objects in the Org.
The analysis of the Objects appears under the head Object Stats. This contains the list of Objects, Type, Number of Fields, Number of Records, Formula Fields, Update Keys, Volume utilized in MB, and the last modified date of the object., and a Scan icon.
- Click on the Scan icon ()present at the end of the row to see a complete analysis of a particular object.
Clicking on the Scan icon displays a window that provides a detailed report on the particular object, including the Object Type, Number of Records, Number of Live Records, Volume, Errors and Warnings. If the Object’s performance can be optimized further, a Warning is displayed which defines the improvement area. In the following image, the Analyzer warns that the Object contains duplicate records.
- Click on the Object Analyzer icon and scroll down to see two small sections which list out the Object that have more than 100 fields and more than 10 million records.
Note: This section calls the attention of the User to high volume Objects to facilitate quick action if required.
- Scroll down to go to the next section of the screen. This section displays Custom Objects that do not have any records and lists out Objects that have no records along with the date of creation.
Admin can improve manageability by reviewing stale objects and deleting them.
- Scroll down to the next section that displays Recommended Features. This section contains a list of recently released features which have not been used even once.
- Click on any available recommended feature to navigate to the product documentation about the feature.
Data Flow Diagram(NEW)
The Data Flow Diagram helps you analyze how data flows through the various objects. It shows the source and target rules / Ingest jobs reading or writing to an object in a pictorial format.
Use Data Flow Diagram
This feature enables admins to perform an instance review or diagnose a data quality issue and finally create configuration documentation quickly.
To use the Data Flow Diagram feature:
- Navigate to Administration > Operations > Gainsight Analyzer > Object Analyzer > [Click on the DATA FLOW DIAGRAM(Beta) tab.]
- Select an object from the dropdown list to view data flow.
- Click GO.
- Click on process (blue circle in the following image). This displays table below the diagram giving details about the process.
- If there are more than five sources / targets "X+ "objects will be shown in the diagram. Click on X+ to view the details on the table below the diagram
- Double click on the SFDC/MDA object icon (/ ) to navigate to the Data Flow Diagram of that object.
- Click on the icons to export the Data Flow Diagram and also the rules in excel format.
- Only active rules are displayed.
- Usage Connectors and Case connectors are not yet supported in Data Flow Diagram.
- There can be a delay of up to 1 hour at maximum - Next refresh time is shown on the top right corner.
Information: The data flow is basically one or more datasets created based on the data from Salesforce or MDA objects. A data flow is a set of instructions that specifies what data to extract from Salesforce/MDA objects, how to transform the datasets, and which datasets to make available for diagrams. The objects in the data flow is always up to date, Next Refresh At date/time is shown on top right corner as shown in the image above.