Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
After a survey is published, Admins can use the survey to configure Programs and Email Assist tasks in CTAs. Admins can also use the Anonymous Survey link and paste into emails or to display on a website. For more information on how to create, design, and distribute a survey, refer Configure Surveys (path).
After a published survey has been responded to by participants, responses and analytics of this survey can be tracked and stored in Gainsight.
This article explains how an admin can use the Analyze section in Surveys to view and analyze recipient responses for a published survey. Admins can also view analytics for NPS surveys. For more information on this section, refer to NPS Overview.
To view the Analyze page of a Survey, navigate to Administration > Surveys > [select a specific Survey] > [click the ANALYZE tab]. On the Surveys Analyze page, there are three subsections: Survey Statistics, Response Report, and Text Analytics.
Survey Statistics displays information on overall participant responses. Survey Statistics displays:
- Participants chart to display the participants response data
- Line graph to display the number of participant responses over time.
- List of total users for the types of participants shown in the participant chart and their associated details of the survey.
- Participants Chart: This is divided into the sections, Responded, Not Responded, Undelivered, and Partially Saved. Click a section to view the specific list of participants at the bottom of the page. You can add filters to each column of the chart.
You can preview each participant response by clicking the preview survey response icon. After you click this icon, a survey preview opens in a new tab.
- Customer Response Trend: This line graph displays the number of responses received for the survey over time. You can see Date and Respondents count in the X and Y axis respectively.
- Export: This option can be used to export the data within the Survey Statistics section as an attachment and send it as an email to the currently logged in user.
- Reset Flattening: Click Reset Flattening, to reload the data for that specific survey. You can see a message displaying ‘Request to reload data in NPS Survey initiated, will be notified via email once done’ at the bottom of the page. For more information on Survey Flattening, refer to Surveys Flattening Overview article.
- Filter Reports: The filter option at the top-right can be used to control which Surveys data segments are displayed in all the different views in this page. You can filter the survey responses on fields from the Survey Participant object and its lookup fields. You can apply multiple filters and Advance logic between them (AND or OR) to filter the survey responses as required.
For surveys that have been configured for internal submission, you can manually submit responses under Survey Statistics. For more information on this process, refer to Submit Surveys Internally.
The Response Report displays the graphical representations of response information for each survey question. The following is what is displayed in a Response Report of each question:
- Question Name: This will be displayed at the top of each question.
- View Details: Clicking on View Details displays a list of participants who responded to the question and their associated details of the survey response. The table contains the participants and response details like company name, full name, email, response status, etc..
- Overall/Breakdown: In the Overall section, overall responses to the NPS question type are displayed with the percentage of Promoters, Passives, and Detractors in a stacked bar chart.
In the Breakdown section, a breakdown of the survey responses are displayed with the percentage of responses for each numerical ranking in a stacked column chart.
- Report Graphic: The Report Graphic is a visual representation of the response data. The information is presented depending on the question type. You can click each section (stacked bar or column) for a drill-down view of participants. This drill-down is identical to the table displayed in View details.
- Display Method: You can select the graph (left) or table (right icon) respectively.
- Filter Reports: Click this to add filter conditions to the participant response data being displayed. These conditions can be built off of the fields in the Survey Participant object. For more information on filter reports, refer to How to Build Basic Reports.
The Text Analytics feature uses several analytical techniques to break down and classify the textual information contained in all of the text-based questions and for all questions that are enabled with a comments text box. It then analyzes the information for reporting purposes. This option is enabled by default for all surveys.
For more information on the functionality of Text Analytics, refer to the How Text Analytics Works article.
The Survey Participant object captures response data for Surveys. You can build custom Surveys reports in Report Builder using this object. For more information on building reports, refer to How to Build Basic Reports.