Gainsight NXTGainsight helps innovative companies protect and nurture their most valuable asset - their customers - with the power of our award-winning platform. With our Customer Success Solution, you can gain deeper insights into customer behavior, operationalize the customer lifecycle, and coordinate actions and results across teams.
This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. New and upgraded customers are deployed on Gainsight NXT.
If you have not upgraded and are using Gainsight Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation here.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
Admins can modify the CTA detail view layouts (for each CTA type) to include custom fields from the Call to Action, Company and Relationship objects. Similar to using linked objects, this allows you to essentially create miniature forms that can display or collect information from the CSM directly in Cockpit.
You can bring in fields from the following objects and their lookup objects into the CTA detail view:
- Company object into the COMPANY sub tab
- Call To Action object into the CALL TO ACTION sub tab
- Relationship object into the RELATIONSHIP sub tab (For customers who enable Relationships in Gainsight)
- Linked objects into the linked objects sub tab
In the example screenshot below, we added fields from the Company object, such as Employees, Original Contract Date, Users, NPS and MRR, to the CTA detail view configuration (on the COMPANY sub tab).
CTA Detail View Layout Configuration
To access the CTA Detail view layout configuration, navigate to Administration > Workflow > Call to Action (CTA).
In the detail view layout configuration, you can see COMPANY, CALL TO ACTION, and any linked object tabs.
You may add fields from an object to the sub-tab views based on what information you believe will be helpful for your CSMs to view or edit as they work through their CTAs. You can also group the fields. A default group is already added to these sections which cannot be deleted.
- Select the CTA Type. (This configuration is per CTA type.)
- Click the sub tab (eg. COMPANY) and search for the required fields in the search bar on the left pane, and now drag and drop the required fields to the new Group or existing Default Group (change the name by clicking it once).
- For the CALL TO ACTION sub tab: allows you to search and add available fields from the Call To Action object and its lookup fields from other objects.
- COMPANY sub tab: allows you to search and add available fields from the Company object and its lookup fields from other objects.
- RELATIONSHIP sub tab: allows you to search and add available fields from the Relationship object and its lookup fields from other objects.
- Click the gear icon:
- Display Label: You change the display label, if you wish to.
- Set the fields to Editable or Close Mandatory as needed.
- Display Field: You will see this option only for all the lookup fields added to the layout. Ex: CSM and Manager etc. which has a lookup to the User object. You can select the required field from the dropdown list, and this field will be shown in the CTA Detail View.
Note: You cannot set the fields to Editable or Close Mandatory, for the lookup fields added to the layout.
Fields on Call To Action
Admins can directly create custom fields on Call to Action object from the Fields on Call To Action section. This section also displays the existing fields used in the CTA Object, in a tabular format.
Note: You can only create Custom Fields and view Fields on Call To Action section only on the GLOBAL tab of the Call To Action (CTA) page.
Create Custom Fields on Call to Action Object
To create custom fields:
- Click + CUSTOM FIELD.
- Enter the following details in the Create Custom Field screen:
- Display Name: The easily understandable display name.
- Field Name: The system defined field name with a suffix of __gc.
- Data type: The data type of the field being created.
- Required: By setting this constraint, the field is not allowed to ingest a null value record while importing data. You can select this option only when you are adding a custom field into an object that does not have any existing data.
- Hide in reporting: If you select this, the field is hidden in the Reporting functionality.
- Default Value: Set a default value that you would like to insert in the field when the source field is NULL or Empty.
- Gainsight Mapping: Map the field being created with a Gainsight object, if required.
- Object lookup list: Select the object to which lookup is required from the current field.
- Field lookup list: Once you select an object, its corresponding fields are displayed in this drop down list. Select the field to which lookup is required from the current field.
- Description: (Optional) A description for the object being created.
- Click SAVE & NEW to add a custom field to the Call To Action object and create another field or click SAVE; then a custom field is created and added to the Call To Action object.
Admins can review, modify, and delete the existing fields used in the Call To Action Object by using these options:
- View field: To view the information of the existing fields.
- Edit field: To update the existing fields information.
Note: Admins cannot update the Field name and Data type fields for the existing fields.
- Delete field: To delete the existing fields used in CTA Object.
Note: Admins cannot delete the fields that are already used in any layouts, reports, or rules.