Use the Properties tab to configure the survey name, languages, type, category, visual experience, and other survey elements.
After making any changes, a blue checkmark Save icon and a dark grey Cancel X icon will appear at the bottom-right. Click the Save icon to save any changes and click the Cancel icon to undo any changes.
Configure the following areas under the Basic Configuration section:
- Entity: Select if you would like the Survey to be for Accounts or Relationships. When selecting Relationship, you can select the type of Relationship.
- Name: Edit the survey’s name.
- Languages: Select the survey’s language or languages.
Configure the following areas under the Additional Configuration section:
- Survey Type: Select from the following options for the Survey:
- Transactional: Transactional surveys tend to be event-based such as after training or a conference, after key customer stages (for example, implementation/time of launch), after case closure, or after an opportunity is closed.
- Non-Transactional: Non-transactional surveys are about gathering overall periodic input on your product or process such as NPS/Customer loyalty and satisfaction assessment; measure ROI; or identify advocates for possible references.
Note: If you select the Transactional survey type, the following fields will become available for configuration:
- Associated Object: Select an object to be linked to survey responses. Typically an admin would select an object where a transaction is recorded such as case closure or new opportunity.
- Associated Field ID: Select the ID of a field to associate with the survey. if the Associated Object is a SFDC object, the Associated Field ID is by default selected as record id. If the Associated Object is an MDA object, Associated Field can be any field available in the MDA object
- Associated Field Name: Select the field to associate with the survey.
- Survey Category: Select from the following options for the Survey:
- Non-Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is known and tracked.
- Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is completely unknown and not tracked.
- Semi-Anonymous: The person responding to the survey is unknown, but the account or relationship they belong to is known and tracked.
Note: If Anonymous is selected, the survey cannot be changed to Non-Anonymous. The Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous are only supported by the generic survey Program model. For more information on Program models, refer to Available Models for Programs. For more information on sending Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous surveys refer to Distributing Anonymous and Semi-Anonymous Surveys (2.0) through Programs.
- Start Date: Date the survey will open
- End Date: Date the survey will close
- Link Expiration: Configure the number of days for which the survey link is valid after the survey is sent. If left blank, the survey link does not have an expiration date.
- Partial Completion: Survey responses will auto-save every 5 seconds. If a respondent drops off a survey due to survey fatigue or navigates away from the survey, partial data will be saved. The respondent can also complete the survey later without losing any data. Incomplete submissions will be logged as “Partial Saved” until a set amount of time determined by the admin elapses. The Partial Saved survey will be logged as “Partial Submitted” after the set amount of time passes. The field Partial completion allows you to configure the amount of time required before a partially saved response gets converted to responded. By default, this value will be set to 10 days.
- Once a partially saved response gets converted to responded, participants will not be able to continue taking their survey.
- If you publish your survey (it's "live") and you're testing it, keep in mind that the partial save functionality will store any answers that you select during testing. Partial save occurs automatically in the background and does not require the user to click save or submit. This could inadvertently lead to answers being stored for a contact that did not actually take the survey.
- Survey Code: for backend purposes, available in reports and to track surveys. Gainsight automatically generates a code.
- Allow Internal Submission: Check this box if you would like to be able to manually enter responses on behalf of survey recipients. This can be used if you had a low response rate and decide to do a phone campaign to ask the same questions. For more information on submitting internal responses, refer to Submit Surveys 2.0 Internally.
Note: Internal Submission is only available for surveys with the Non-Anonymous category.
Under the Additional Configuration section, you can configure the survey’s visual appearance. This includes the following options. You can preview your changes in the Survey Theme Preview on the right-hand side.
- Add Logo: Upload an image to use as a logo within your survey. Clicking this option will give you the choice to Browse for images saved locally on your computer, and to view existing images you’ve already uploaded.
- Display Name: The name that will display at the top of the survey.
- Header: Message that will be displayed at the top of the survey.
- Footer: Message that will be displayed at the bottom of the survey.
- Thank You Message: Choose Message, Redirect URL, or Custom Page.
- Message will enable you to type in a custom message.
- Redirect URL allows you to input a URL that the participant will be directed to after clicking Submit at the end of the survey.
- Custom Page allows you to select a custom page that the participant will be directed to after clicking Submit at the end of the survey. Only pages configured under Administration > Pages will be available to be selected as a Thank You message. To learn more about creating pages, refer to Setup a Gainsight Domain.
Note: After a custom page is selected as the Thank You message for a survey, only the site associated with that page will be an option to select on the survey distribution tab. For more information on selecting sites for survey distribution, refer to Distribute Surveys 2.0.
- Enter Message/URL/Custom Page: Depending on what option is selected in the Thank You Message field, you will need to enter the text for the Message, the URL for Redirect URL, or select a page for Custom Page.
- Show save button: displays a Save button within the survey. This allows participants to initiate a partial save. The normal partial save process will still run every five seconds in the background.
- Color: Select color options for the Background, Header & Footer, and Font of the Survey.