Shared 360 Overview (For CSMs)
This article explains how CSMs/AMs can share customer information (in read-only mode) with non Gainsight/SFDC users using the Shared 360 feature. This feature provides end-users* a quick snapshot of the customer’s key information and product usage data in preparation for meetings with the customer.
*Note: End-users/recipients are:
- Internal users who can be within your organization.
- External users including customers, partners etc. who are not part of your organization but need access to the Shared360 layouts.
Admins will configure the Shared 360 layout which contains a Summary, Account Attributes, Related List reports, Relationships sections, Scorecard 2.0, and Success Plan.
CSMs can share the configured layout through email as a link, with optional security settings. The internal users need to be added as a GS user into the GS User object (which will be in MDA). For more information on how a GS user can be added, refer to Gainsight User Object. The external users (external SFDC contacts) need to be added as a Person into the GS Person object model. For more information on how to to add external users (external SFDC contacts), refer to Bulk Load Account Contacts for C360 and Success Plan Sharing.
Following diagram shows the high-level overview of how a customer’s CSM can share the 360 and how end-user accesses the same information.
Share a 360 degree view to align the stakeholders of your customer, partner, or vendor on a single source of truth. In short, Shared360:
- Enables everyone involved in an account to coordinate and prioritize their actions around a unified understanding of health
- Enables end-users to easily access information (view only mode) outside of the Gainsight application through a web page.
- Shared 360 is not supported by Horizon Success Plans. Success Plans will display using the old UI unless they are shared directly with the recipient.
- In general, Shared 360 will be a read-only version of Summary, Attributes, Related Lists (Reports), Relationships, Success Plan, and Scorecard 2.0. The following table lists the limitations/restrictions.
|End-users/recipient (Internal users)||Must be added as a GS user into the GS User object in MDA|
|End-users/recipient (External users)||Must be added as a Person into the GS Person object model.|
|Number of Layouts||- For C360: Maximum 10
- For R360: Maximum 5
|One Time Password (OTP)||- Can be generated for a maximum of five times per link.
- End users can request for OTP for thrice.
- If the OTP is expired, end users need to send a request to the person who shared the link for a new OTP
|Summary||- Edit Summary
|Attributes||- Edit Attributes (PopUp)
- Inline edit of attributes
|Related List (Reports)||- Embedded Page
- Redirection URL (hyperlinks for Account Name/ Relationship Name etc.)
- State preservation for default report
- Link to configuration page if sections are not configured.
- Showing Widget chart type
|Relationships||Associated objects and their associated reports can be viewed in the Shared 360 view only. These sections are added by Admin.|
Shared 360 (For CSMs/AMs)
In the Security Settings area, admins can select the Enable OTP Verification check box to ensure additional security authentication for end-users. The One Time Password (OTP) verification process is optional, as it provides an additional layer of security to protect the data shared with external people and prevent misuse.
Note: Only admins can decide whether or not the OTP is required for any specific layout and can also add an expiration period by which the link shared by CSMs/AMs can be accessed and viewed by the end-users.
To share a 360 Layout:
- Navigate to Customer’s Customer 360 > three dots > Share C360. Clicking Share C360 navigates you to the Share 360 page.
- From the drop-down list, select the required 360 Layouts created for sharing with the end-users.
- Verify the data in each section before sharing the layout with the end-users.
Note: When you click Relationship section, you need to click on the Relationship card name. This navigates you to the R360 layout page configured by admin and where you can verify the data before sharing with the end-users.
- Search for a specific section in the layout directly using the search field.
- Click SHARE. Email Layout dialog-box appears.
6.Select Users or Contacts, choose Users/Contacts, enter subject, and note.
Note: 360/R360 layouts can be shared with internal Users or external Contacts. If CSMs/AMs select Users option from the Send to drop-down list, records from the User object are available to select in the Choose Users field. Similarly, if the Contacts option is selected, records from the Person object are available to select in the Choose Users field.
- Users: Users in your organization who need access to the Shared360 layouts
- Contacts: External contacts who are not part of your organization but need access to the Shared360 layouts
For more information on the GS User and GS Person objects, refer to Gainsight User Object, Bulk Load Account Contacts for C360 and Success Plan Sharing and Gainsight Person Object Model.
8.Click on the icon shown in the following image to view the list of users with whom the link is shared while looking at the Shared 360 page in the preview mode.
Note: Recipients/end-users of the shared 360 link cannot see who else it was shared with.
View Shared 360 by end-users
If a CSM/AM shares any 360 Layout with an recipient, an email notification is sent to the recipient's/end-user's email address. The email notification can notify the link expiration date and OTP verification. The following image shows the Email notification. The following image shows the notification that end-users receive. The recipients perform the following steps to access the Shared 360 Layout:
Click Click here to view in the email notification as shown in the following image.
Note: Admin modifies the shared active links, revokes access, and performs actions to manage the layouts and links shared. When the recipient clicks Click here to view to access the link that has already been revoked, the following message will be displayed.
- Click SEND to request for an OTP password to be sent to the registered email ids.
Check the mail inbox. The recipient receives an email that contains the One Time Password as shown in the following image:
IMPORTANT: This One Time Password is time sensitive and will expire in case of repeated unsuccessful attempts. Reinitiate the access request in case the OTP is expired.
- Enter the OTP to access the link.
If the OTP is not received, click RESEND.
Note: The OTP is valid for 5 minutes for the users to enter it for validation and access the information through 360 Layouts. If it expires, the recipient needs to send a request to the CSM/AM to resend the shared 360 layout link.
Click VALIDATE. The recipient can view the shared 360 page (read-only mode) that opens in a new tab.
|Note: If you have questions or feedback about the feature explained in this article, please share them on community.gainsight.com.|