Customer Success Everywhere
The customer journey isn’t just driven by the Customer Success Team (or its equivalent). Anyone who touches the customer, from Marketing to Sales to Billing to the Channel Partner, are all involved and responsible for delivering long-term success. You need to rally your team to align all these stakeholders on one playbook for insight and action.
Customer Success for all starts with sharing access to Gainsight across the extended team. Gainsight Users can share insight, metrics, success plans, reports, and dashboards with any team member; whether they are an employee, partner or even the customer themselves. Examples of people and teams:
- Internal teams like support, finance, sales, marketing, etc. who touch the customer as part of their charters
- Executives who want insight into their customers, whether it be strategic insight into major trends or summaries of the top at-risk accounts
- Customer’s own teams who want to collaborate with their vendor on their success
- Channel Partners who want access to end-customer data and to collaborate with their vendor
- Slack users who have access to the Gainsight bot, Sally and want to easily inquire about key customer data
Sharing Gainsight data with colleagues and other stakeholders is helpful in:
- Aligning internal teams on the customer goals and their role in the customer journey:
- Share one unified understanding of the customer with a central 360 page and Overall Health Score
- Drive coordinated action based in best-practices by assigning out automated tasks and Calls-to-Action
- Handing off one central plan that contains the customer’s long-term objectives from team-to-team, to ensure your company never loses sight of what’s important to the customer
- Proactively sharing a dynamic view of the customer with partners or customers
- Collaborating with partners or customers on a Success Plan and tracking the action needed on both sides to achieve it
- Automatically sending regular reports and dashboards to communicate high-level trends
Following are the channels through which Gainsight Users can share Gainsight data:
This feature helps CSMs/AMs to share customer information (in read-only mode) with non Gainsight/SFDC users. This feature provides end-users a quick snapshot of the customer’s key information and product usage data from C360/R360 page in preparation for meetings with the customers. For more information, refer Shared 360 Overview (For CSMs).
Sally is a Slack bot from Gainsight that makes rich Gainsight data easily accessible through simple conversation with Gainsight users. Admins can grant access to Sally for their Slack users. For more information, refer Sally - the Gainsight bot Overview.
With Gainsight Programs, you can design multi-step outreaches that guide your customer through a responsive series of email interactions to reach an enhanced outcome. Program can help you:
- Translate your existing customer data into purposeful communication campaigns
- Guide customers to outcomes with precisely orchestrated outreaches
- Gain greater insight with sophisticated funnel analytics
For more information, refer Introduction to Program.
Export Success Snapshots
Success Snapshots enable CSMs to generate PowerPoint presentations containing data and graphs from Gainsight. Admins can upload a corporate-branded PowerPoint file, select Customer Info fields, add Adoption reports from the C360 and reports from Report Builder, and create a custom presentation template for CSMs to use in their next Executive Business Review. CSMs can share the Gainsight data configured in the success snapshots template from the C360 page for Accounts and the R360 page for Relationships respectively. These presentations can then be shared by email or in customer meetings. When a success snapshot is exported, CSMs receive it as a Powerpoint presentation via email. For more information on how to export success snapshots, refer Export Success Snapshot Presentation from Customer 360 Page.
Export C360 and R360
CSMs can export an individual Customer 360 and Relationship 360 view and send it as a PDF via email. For more information, refer Overview of Customer 360 Details.
Export / Share Success Plans
CSMs can export success plans through success snapshot templates in the form of Powerpoint presentations. The Success Plan presentation can then be shared with stakeholders via email or in customer meetings. For more information, refer Exporting Success Plans.
CSMs can also share a Success Plan or Objectives in a Success Plan with internal users or external contacts as a hyperlink via email. The Success Plan must be configured for sharing by the admin, with optional security settings. For more information on sharing the Success Plan or Objectives in a Success Plan, refer Share Success Plan.
Export / Share Dashboards
Gainsight users can export dashboards from the Gainsight Home page and send them via email to other Gainsight users as a PowerPoint presentation (PPT). For more information, refer ‘Email/Export Dashboard to Gainsight users’ in Gainsight Home (Dashboards) Overview.
Similarly, Gainsight users can share a dashboard as a hyperlink via email with a user from the Gainsight Home tab. The dashboards must be configured for sharing by the admin, with optional security settings. The configured dashboard can then be shared through email as a link, with optional security settings. For example, a CSM can share the Monthly Renewals dashboard with the CRO of the company, which is delivered to the CRO as a link in an email. For more information on how to share the dashboard, refer Share Dashboards.
Email Assist Task
This feature helps CSMs to send emails with Survey links and Reports from Gainsight to their customer contacts. For more information, refer Send Email Tasks from Cockpit (aka, Email Assist).