This article explains how to create an NPS Survey Engagement. Gainsight recommends you to refer to the Anatomy of Engagements article and then proceed with this article.
Net Promoter Score, or NPS, measures customer experience and predicts business growth. The NPS survey is a method of measuring your customers’ overall satisfaction with your company’s product or service and a proxy for brand loyalty. The survey itself is simple.
You can ask a question like “On a scale of 0–10, how likely are you to recommend this company’s product or service to a friend or colleague?” Based on their rating, the customers are classified into one of three categories: Detractors, Passives, and Promoters.
NPS provides insights into your customer loyalty spectrum. As you move up the scoring scale, from 0 to 10, customers defect at lower rates, will spend more and will move from negative to positive.
To calculate your NPS, EE subtracts the percentage of Detractors from the percentage of Promoters. For example, if 70% of respondents were Promoters and 10% were Detractors, your Net Promoter is a score of 60 as shown below.
Example: If you received 100 responses to your survey:
- 10 responses were in the 0–6 range (Detractors) - 10%
- 20 responses were in the 7–8 range (Passives) - 20%
- 70 responses were in the 9–10 range (Promoters) - 70%
- NPS = 60 (70% - 10%)
The NPS range: -100 to 100
Create NPS Survey Engagement
Perform the following steps to create an NPS Survey Engagement.
- Click Engagement.
- Click Create.
- Click the survey icon. The NPS checkbox is selected by default.
- Select the environment, if you have multiple environments.
- Click Create.
- Select the relevant Audience. Target your audience based on user, account and/or behavioral rules. The following best practices are recommended:
- Coordinate survey requirements across departments to create a comprehensive strategy and avoid survey burn-out.
- Solicit NPS feedback quarterly for fresh data every three months, but choose criteria by which to rotate your distribution list.
- Choose a template. You can use a banner/bar style or a dialog.
- Customize the look and feel by using Editor and optionally display a ‘thank you’ step. Always check out the style, placing of content, title etc. on the third tab on the right side bar for engagement level settings.
Bar View Type is best use case to announce webinars, product releases, company promotions, etc.
- Click the eye icon to preview the NPS Survey Engagement in your Gainsight app.