This article explains how to create an Email Engagement in Enablement Engine. Gainsight recommends first referring to the Anatomy of Engagements article and then proceeding with this article.
An Email engagement allows you to send emails to Gainsight users. You can send a mass email to a select group of users to announce a new Gainsight feature or any other product related announcement. This article explains how to create an Email engagement.
Create Email Engagement
This section explains the procedure to create and send an email engagement.
To create an email engagement:
- Click the Engagements icon from the left pane.
- Click Create.
- Enter a name for the engagement.
- Select the Email option.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Click Create.
- Select a template or create an Email from scratch.
- Edit the Email content, as required.
- Set color for the Email background.
- Set the padding of the email content on all four sides.
- Click the Email settings icon.
- In the From drop-down menu, select the user from whose email address you wish to send the email. The email you select here, would appear as the sender for the recipient. You can also select the sender from Senders tab. The Senders tab also allows you to create a new user, if the required user does not exist.
- Select a user from the Reply to drop-down menu. The selected user receives the email when the recipient replies.
- In the To drop-down menu, select a token to address the recipient.
- Enter a subject for the email.
- Click Apply.
- Click the click to preview icon to check how your email would be displayed on a desktop and mobile.
- (Optional) Click Send test to send a test mail.
Note: Steps 19-21 are applicable only if step 18 is executed.
- Select the sender’s email.
- Select the recipient's email.
- Click Send.
The recipient now receives a test mail.
- Set the audience for the Email. Refer to the Anatomy of Engagements article for more information.
While scheduling an Email engagement, you can only set a specific time and not a time range, as in the case of other engagements. The Email is triggered at the set time.
In the following image, the Email is triggered at 9pm on 2 Sep 2019, as per the Timezone setting.
To set a time range, you must enable the Recurring schedule. In the following image, all qualifying users will receive the Email on Monday evening at 9pm, during the selected date range; 22 Sep to 1 Oct, 2019.
Qualification Scope: The Email Qualification scope has the following options:
- Only Once: The Email is sent to the user only once, even though the user matches the criteria multiple times.
- Every Time: The qualifying user receives the Email every time the scheduler is reset.
- Once every: Each user is re-qualified to receive the email within a specific schedule. The frequency at which the user receives the mail depends on the frequency selected in this field.