IMPORTANT UPDATEVault assets accessed by clicking the Gainsight Vault icon, will be retired. Our best practice assets can now be accessed from Administration > Sightline Vault. Learn more...
IMPORTANT UPDATE July, 2019: Vault assets will be retired in the near future, and currently only Playbook and Report assets are compatible with the latest functionality.
This article presents groups of Vault assets that support different customer lifecycle use cases.
How to Kick-Off a New Customer (Sales):
- First, let’s add the customer into Gainsight with this rule.
- Next, let’s lay a milestone and create a CTA for this new customer with this rule.
- Now that you have a CTA, you can use this playbook to start onboarding the customer.
- Don’t forget to send the customer a nice welcome email!
How to Kick-Off a New Customer (Customer Success):
- In order for Sales to hand the customer off to Customer Success:
Finally, don’t forget to update the customer’s stage from POC to Kicked-Off with this rule.
Onboarding & Go-Live
How to Communicate during Onboarding:
How to Manage the Go-Live:
- Let’s plan to roll this out! Lay out the plan with this email.
- Let’s start training our end users with this playbook.
- Here’s a survey for after the training.
- Time to go live! Here’s how.
- If you need a high-touch plan, use this instead.
- Congrats, we’re live! Let the customer know with this email.
- Time to transition this account to the CSM. Follow these steps.
- Let’s make sure everything is good on our end of the system. Do this internal launch.
How to Manage the Post-Launch Customer:
- First, set up rules to automate parts of the lifecycle:
- Move the customer from Launched to Adopting once they’ve begun to see value from the product with this playbook.
- Send this survey to gauge how they’re doing.
- Do an annual and monthly health check-ins.
- Conduct EBRs (see EBRs section).
- Let’s report on lifecycle milestones by week.
How to Manage Churn:
How to Manage Renewals:
When to Upsell:
- Did the customer close a round of funding? Maybe this playbook will help.
- Does the customer have strong adoption? Give this playbook a shot.
- Can we expand to other areas of the business? Follow these steps to success.
- Has the customer used most of their assigned licenses? Take action with this playbook.
- Here’s an email to initiate the discussion.
- Here’s a report of open upsell opportunities.
When to Cross-Sell:
- Use this survey to determine cross-sell opportunities.
How to Create a EBR Cadence:
- First, let’s create some CTAs to remind us to set up EBRs.
- Now, let’s figure out what we actually need to do for these EBRs. This playbook tells all.
Want to see all upcoming EBRs? Use this report.
View the complete list of Vault assets.