X-Org is Gainsight's migration tool which can be used to migrate data from a source org to a target org. For instance, Source org can be a sandbox org and target org can be a production org. To learn more about the X-Org tool refer to the Cross-Org Migration article.
Migrate Activity Types and Activity Sync configurations
You can use the X-org tool to migrate Activity Types and Activity Sync configurations in Timeline. When you migrate an activity type, the associated layout is also migrated. If you modify the Activity type after migration, only the updated Activity Type layout configuration is migrated during subsequent migrations. When you migrate Activity Sync configuration, the Salesforce Status and Salesforce Priority fields, along with the field mappings, are migrated. Activity Type and Activity Sync configurations are present on the Configuration page of the X-org tool.
To migrate Activity Type and Activity Sync configurations:
- Navigate to Administration > X-Org Migration.
- Select New Migration from the ADD MIGRATION menu.
- Enter a name for the Migration.
- Enter the credentials of the target org.
- Click AUTHENTICATE.
- The Run Delta Process window is displayed. Click RUN, to run the delta process or click CANCEL, to continue with the migration process. The Delta Process will compare your source org (Sandbox) to your target org (Production) and show you the differences and what needs to be migrated. To learn more about the Delta process, refer to the Run delta process section of the Cross-Org migration article.
- Click Configurations.
- Expand Activity Configuration.
- Select the check box for Activity Types and Activity Sync Config.
Note: When you select the check box, the activity types which are already migrated are also selected. You can clear the check box for the migrated activity types, if no modifications have been made.
- Click CONTINUE.
- (Optional) Select the objects to be migrated.
- Click CONTINUE.
- Ensure that all the required configurations are present for migration.
- (Optional) Select the Test Run check box to perform a test migration.
- (Optional) Select the Send Copy of Migration Status Email check box and provide recipient Email IDs to whom the migration results must be mailed. By default, only logged in users receive a copy of migration status mail.
- Click MIGRATE. The migration process starts.
The logged in user and the recipients mentioned in Step 15 receive an email which shows the results of the migration task. You can download the attached spreadsheet to view the results. The Meta Config tab of the spreadsheet displays the results for Timeline Activities and Sync configurations.