The Question Library gives Admins the chance to save questions they create to be imported into future surveys. Admins can also edit and delete saved questions from the library.
Note: At this time there are no question templates available through the Question Library. Templates may be added in a future release.
To access the Question Library, navigate to the Surveys 2.0 tab. Click the chevron menu on the left and click the Library option.
Within the Question Library, admins can view the following:
Chevron menu: Click this to select navigate either to the Survey List or the Question Library.
Folder list: A list of each folder added to the Question Library. The number of questions the folder contains is displayed next to the folder name in parentheses. Click the folder name to display the list of questions contained. Hovering over the folder also gives you the option to edit its name or delete it.
Note: The Uncategorized folder can not be edited or deleted.
Selected Folder: The name of the selected folder is displayed with a list of the contained questions below it.
Survey Question: You can select answers for each question as a way to test how a recipient can interact with it. Hover over each question for an option to edit it. Refer to Edit Questions in the Library for more information on editing linked questions. Click the survey question to select it. More than one question can be selected at once. When a question is selected, clicking the Action Button will give you the option to clone, delete, or move the question(s) to a different folder.
Search bar: Type the name of a question to search for it in the selected folder.
Action Button: Clicking this button gives the following options:
a. When no question is selected:
- Add a new folder to the Library.
- Add a new survey question to the Library.
b. When one or more questions are selected.
- Move to folder: Move the selected question(s) to an existing folder in the Library, or create a new folder to move the question to.
- Clone question: Creates a copy of the selected question(s) within the same Library folder. You can only clone one question at a time.
- Delete: Deletes the selected question(s). Refer to Delete Questions in the Library for more information on deleting linked questions.
Edit Questions in the Library
When editing a question in the library, if the question is currently in use within a survey, you will be given the following options:
- Update question in library and save the changes made to it in Active and Draft surveys.
- Update question in library and save the changes made to it in Draft surveys, but Unlink it from Active surveys.
Note: If the question is not being used in a survey, then the question modifications are saved.
Delete questions in the Library
When deleting a question in the library, you will have two options:
Delete question from library and unlink it in both Active and Draft surveys: This option will delete the question from the library but unlinked versions of the question will still exist in surveys using it.
- Delete question from library and unlink it in the Active surveys, but delete it from the Draft surveys: This option will delete the question in the library and in draft surveys. The question will remain in Active surveys and responses will remain intact.
Note: If the question is not being used in a survey, you will receive a prompt asking to confirm the deletion.
After a question is created in the Design tab of Surveys 2.0, you can save it to the Question Library with the following steps:
Navigate to Surveys 2.0 and open the survey with the question you would like to save.
- Click the Design tab, and select the question you would like to save from the Pages & Questions panel on the left-hand side.
- In the Settings menu, click the Add to Library option to save the question. This option can not be selected if the question has already been added to the library.
- Select a folder to save the question under, or create a new folder for the question.
When adding new questions to a survey, you have the option to import an existing question from the Question Library using the following steps:
1. Navigate to Surveys 2.0 and open an existing survey, or create a new survey to add the imported question. For more information on creating surveys from the Survey 2.0 list view, refer to Surveys 2.0 Overview.
2. Click on the Design tab, and click the blue plus icon.
3. Select the Question option and then select the Import from Library option.
4. In the library menu, select the folder to open and select the question and answer options to be imported. Click the checkmark to add the question to your survey. You can add more than one question and you may edit the question or answer options after import.