The Question Library gives Admins the chance to save questions they create to be imported into future surveys. Admins can also edit and delete saved questions from the library.
Note: At this time there are no question templates available through the Question Library. Templates may be added in a future release.
To access the Question Library, navigate to the Surveys 2.0 tab. Click the Chevron menu on the left and click the Library option.
Within the Question Library, admins can view the following:
Folder list: A list of each folder added to the Question Library. The number of questions the folder contains is displayed next to the folder name in parentheses. Click the folder name to display the list of questions contained. Hovering over the folder also gives you the option to edit its name or delete it.
Note: The Uncategorized folder can not be edited or deleted.
To add a new Folder:
- Click + at bottom-right of the page. You can see two options, Folder and Question.
- Click Folder to add another folder to the list. Edit the name of the folder.
- Click Question to add another question in the selected folder. For more information on adding and configuring any question type, refer to the Survey 2.0 Design article.
- Selected Folder: The name of the selected folder is displayed at the top of the page. The contained questions can be seen below the folder name.
- Survey Question: You can select answers for each question to test how a recipient will interact with it. Hovering over each question gives you an option to edit it. For more information on editing the linked questions, refer to the Edit Questions in the Library section. To apply actions on a question:
- Select the checkbox to the left of the survey question number. More than one question can be selected at once.
- Click + at the bottom-right of the page. You can see three options: Clone question, Delete, and Move to folder.
- Click Clone question to create a copy of the same question. You can then edit the question and answers if needed. This option is only available if one question is selected.
- Click Move to folder to move the selected question to another folder.
- Click Delete to delete the selected question.
- Number of surveys for a question: You can see the number of surveys in which a specific question is used. Clicking this displays Question Stats in a dialog that shows list of surveys with their status. By clicking on a survey name in the dialog box, you will be directed to the specific survey configuration Design tab.
- Search box: You can type the name of a question and search in the selected folder.
- Action Button: Clicking this button gives the following options:
- When no question is selected:
- Folder: You can add a new folder to the Library.
- Question: You can add a new survey question to the Library.
- When no question is selected:
- When one or more questions are selected:
- Clone question: Creates a copy of the selected question within the same Library folder. You can only clone one question at a time.
- Move to folder: You can move the selected question(s) to an existing folder in the Library, or create a new folder to move the question to.
- Delete: Deletes the selected question(s). For more information on deleting linked questions, refer to the Delete Questions in the Library section.
Edit Questions in the Library
When editing a question in the library, if the question is currently in use within a survey, you will be given the following options:
- Update question in library and save the changes made to it in Active and Draft surveys.
- Update question in library and save the changes made to it in Draft surveys, but Unlink it from Active surveys.
Note: If the question is not being used in a survey, then the question modifications are saved.
Delete Questions in the Library
If a question is used in a survey when you try to delete the question from the folder, you can select one of the following two options:
Delete question from library and unlink it in both Active and Draft surveys: This option will delete the question from the library but unlinked versions of the question will still exist in surveys using it.
- Delete question from library and unlink it in the Active surveys, but delete it from the Draft surveys: This option will delete the question in the library and in draft surveys. The question will remain in Active surveys and responses will remain intact.
Note: If the question is not being used in a survey, you will receive a prompt asking to confirm the deletion.
After a question is created in the Design tab of Surveys 2.0, you can save it to the Question Library with the following steps:
- Navigate to Surveys 2.0 and open the survey with the question you would like to save.
- Click the Design tab, and select the question you would like to save from the Pages & Questions panel on the left-hand side.
- In the Settings menu, click the Add to Library option to save the question. This option can not be selected if the question has already been added to the library.
- Select a folder to save the question under, or click Create New Folder for the question.
- Click SAVE.
While adding new questions to a survey, you have the option to import an existing question from the Question Library using the following steps:
- Navigate to Surveys 2.0 and open an existing survey, or create a new survey to add the imported question. For more information on creating surveys from the Survey 2.0 list view, refer to the Surveys 2.0 Overview article.
- Click on the Design tab, and click the blue plus icon.
- Click + at bottom-right of the page and select Question.
- Select Import from Library. The Question library page appears.
- In the library menu, select the folder to open and select the question and answer options to be imported.
- Click ✓ at the bottom-right of the page to save, and add the question to your survey. You can add more than one question. For more information on adding question to a survey from the Question Library, refer to the Survey 2.0 Design article.
Note: You can edit the question or add answer options after import.