With Survey 2.0 Permissions, admins can grant users access to configuration options for 2.0 surveys. Admins can control which users or users groups will have access to create, distribute, and analyze surveys. You can grant permissions for individual survey through the survey itself and to the entire module using Permission Groups.
This article explains permissions available within the Surveys 2.0 module. For information on Gainsight permission sets required for viewing survey responses in Surveys 2.0, refer to Surveys 2.0 Overview.
Admins can assign the following Survey 2.0 permissions:
- Design: Users with the “Design” permission can access the surveys design page to add and configure pages, sections and questions. For more information on the design tab, refer to Survey 2.0 Design.
- Users with the module level Design permission will have access to the Question Library.
- Users with the survey level Design permission can import and save questions to the library, but can’t access it.
- For more information on the library, refer to Surveys 2.0 Question Library.
- Distribute: Users with the “Distribute” permission can access the surveys distribute page to publish the survey and monitor its associated programs.
- Users with the “Distribute” permission are automatically granted the Analyze permission so they can view responses after distribution.
- For more information on the distribute tab, refer to Distribute Surveys 2.0.
- Note: If a user does not have the Distribute permission for a survey, they can not view it as an option when configuring a Program’s survey model.
- Analyze: Users with the “Analyze” permission can access the surveys analyze page to view and analyze recipient responses for a published survey.
- For more information on the distribute tab, refer to Surveys 2.0 Analytics.
- Admin: Users with the “Admin” permission are granted all other permissions for the survey.
Survey Level Permissions
Assigning survey level permissions grants access to individual surveys. Use survey level permissions when you want Users or User Groups to have access to survey configurations or analytics for only specific surveys, and not the entire module.
Survey level permissions are controlled through the Permissions tab of each survey. To access the Permissions tab:
- Navigate to the Surveys 2.0 tab.
- Select a survey or click the + button to create a new one.
- Click the Permissions tab.
User and User Group Lists
The permissions tab displays a list of users and User Groups with access to the survey. By default, the tab will display the user list. Use the radio button to switch between the user and User Group lists.
You can click the name of any User Group under the User Group list to view the list of users within that group.
To assign survey level permissions for a user or User Group, take the following steps:
- Click + on the bottom-right of the Permission tab.
- Select either Users or User Groups.
- Click the checkboxes for any Users/User Groups you wish to grant access to. You can click the name of any User Group to view the list of users within that group. Users/User Groups that already have access will be grayed out.
- Click the checkboxes for the survey permissions you wish to assign to the selected Users/User Groups.
- Click Save.
You can remove access to the survey from users and User Groups from the Permissions tab. This removes all survey permission sets from the user or User Group. To revoke access:
Click the delete button under the Revoke Access column for the User or User Group you wish to remove. A dialogue box will appear asking if you’re sure you want to remove access.
- Click Yes.
Module Level Permissions
Assigning module level permissions grants access to configuration options for all 2.0 surveys, even if the user or user group does not have the associated survey level permission. Use module level permissions when you want Users or User Groups to have access to survey configurations for all surveys.
Module level permissions for Surveys 2.0 are controlled through Permission Groups. With Permission Groups, you can create bundles of users and assign permissions to the entire bundle. To assign module level permissions, you will need to create a bundle and then assign permissions and users to the bundle.
Create a Bundle
Navigate to Administration > Security Controls > Permission Groups.
- Click + BUNDLE.
- Enter the following details:
- Name of the Bundle
- (Optional) Description
- Click CREATE.
Assign Permissions to Bundle
Click the Bundle you wish to modify.
Click the checkboxes of the survey permissions you wish to assign to the bundle. The permissions will be granted to users added to the Bundle.
- Click SAVE.
Assign Users to Bundle
- Click the three dots button of the Bundle you wish to modify.
- Click Assign Users.
- Click + USERS.
- Select the checkboxes of the users you wish to add. You can use the search box to search specific users.
- Click IMPORT, after adding all the required users.
- (Optional) You can grant Administrator access to the user(s) by turning on the Bundle Administrator switch. If a user is granted Admin rights for a bundle, the user can add or delete other users from the bundle.
- Click SAVE.