Survey 2.0 gives admins the ability to design and distribute surveys in Gainsight without a dependency on SFDC sites or features. The functionality was built with email assist in mind and is designed to work with Programs from the ground up. New features like Skip Logic and Display Logic enable Admins to control the flow of survey questions and the Question Library can store and import questions from survey to survey.
Gainsight strongly recommends customers use Survey 2.0 instead of Survey 1.0 while creating surveys for most use cases. Both features can be used in parallel with each other. You can migrate surveys from 1.0 to 2.0. For more information on migration, refer to Migrating from 1.0 to 2.0. For a quick overview of Survey 2.0, watch this 5-minute video. To share your feedback on Survey 2.0, visit the Community.
The following table illustrates the features available for Surveys 1.0 and Surveys 2.0:
|Feature||Survey 1.0||Survey 2.0|
|Salesforce Email Service and Marketo for Survey Distribution||✓||X|
|Anonymous Survey Options||✓||✓|
|Standard Outreach Compatibility||✓||X|
|Multiple Language Support||✓||✓|
|Email Assist Compatibility||✓||✓|
|Set CTAs (see notes)||✓||✓|
|Cross-org Migration Support||✓||✓|
|Import external NPS responses into Gainsight||✓||✓|
|Import SurveyMonkey responses into Gainsight||X||✓|
- Set CTAs is available in Survey 2.0 but it is handled through the Program rather than the survey. Refer to Configure Model and Emails for Programs for more information on this process.
- You can use Gainsight's Migration tool to transfer Survey and Survey 2.0 assets from one org to another. For more information on cross-org support for Survey 2.0, refer to Cross-Org Migration and Migrate Surveys 2.0 with X-Org.
Enable the Survey 2.0 Tab
To enable the Survey 2.0 Tab:
- In the User menu dropdown menu, select Setup at the top-right of the window.
- Navigate to App Setup > Create > Apps.
- Click the Edit action for the Gainsight App.
- Select the Survey 2.0 tab from the Available Tabs list and use the Add option to move it to the Selected Tabs list.
- Adjust the tab settings of each user profile you would like to see the Survey 2.0 tab.
- You may still need to customize your tabs to add Survey 2.0 to your default display. For more information on this process, refer to Customize your Tabs in Salesforce.
- Enable OAUTH Permission.
- Enable MDA services.
- Enable GS User Sync.
- The Company and Company Person or Relationship and Relationship Person objects must be loaded to Gainsight.
- Sub-domain or Custom domain and Site must be created before publishing a survey in survey 2.0. The site must be configured to be linked to the survey response page. Only new Gainsight Sites and Domains can be used for Survey 2.0. For information on this process, refer to Setup a Gainsight Domain.
Users will need one of the following permission sets to be able to view survey responses in Survey 2.0:
For more information on assigning permission sets, refer to Gainsight and SFDC Permission Sets. For more information on survey-level and module-level permissions for Survey 2.0, refer to Survey 2.0 Permissions.
Survey List View
On the Survey 2.0 tab, a list of 2.0 surveys is displayed. Users can view basic details about each survey, filter the list for specific surveys, and create and delete surveys.
Each survey in the list view displays the following information:
- Survey name
- Date of recent activity on the Survey (Created date / Last Modified on / Last Responded on / Closed on)
- Entity Type (Accounts or Relationships)
- Number of responses
- Number of questions
Users can use the search bar at the top to filter the survey list by survey name as well as the Entity and Status drop-down fields to filter for surveys of a specific entity type or status.
You can access additional options for each survey in the list view by clicking the three vertical dots icon to the right of each survey. Additional options include:
- Analyze: view the survey analytics.
- Clone: create a clone or copy of the survey.
- Delete: delete the survey.
- Close: close a currently published survey. This option will only be available for published surveys.
Create New Survey
To Create a New Survey
- Click + at the bottom-right of the page. Create Survey dialog appears.
- Enter the following information:
- Entity: Select an Entity type, either Company or Relationships. Select a Relationship Type when you want to create this Survey for Relationship.
- Survey Name: Type the Survey Name.
- Languages: Select one or multiple languages.
- Click SAVE.
To Import a Survey from SurveyMonkey
If you are a SurveyMonkey user, you can integrate SurveyMonkey directly with Gainsight and you can import a survey and its responses into Gainsight Survey 2.0. For more information on how to integrate SurveyMonkey with Gainsight, refer to SurveyMonkey Integration article.