Section headers are helpful to group questions in a survey under different headings such as “Support”, “Product”, “Pricing”, etc.
To add a section header:
- Click +S in the upper right corner as shown in the following image. This adds a section header to the page.
- Give a name to the section header and save it.
- Drag and drop to move the section.
When you have multiple survey pages, you can drop and drag to re-arrange questions within a page or to a different page. Next to each question you have the option to edit, duplicate and delete. The only question you cannot duplicate is NPS, since that question can only be asked one time per survey.
Question Linking (Logic Rules)
This feature allows for support of conditional questions, where an answer to one question controls the visibility of follow-up questions. To add links to a question you will:
- Click a question that has already been created, to expand the detail view
- Click the link icon next to a particular answer
- Select the dependent question
- Click SAVE
- Once a question is added as a dependent question, logic rules cannot be added to this question and this question cannot be added as a dependent for any other question.
- You can link only to questions contained on the same page.
- Some question types do not support question linking, eg. star rating questions.
Survey branching allows for support of conditional pages, where a specific answer to one question controls the visibility of a follow-on page. An example of when you might want to use survey branching is if you need to ask different questions of people in different roles. The first survey question could have the respondent select their role, and then based on their response, they would go to a custom page of questions.
To enable survey branching, your survey should have a minimum of two pages. To enable survey branching, click the branch icon to the left hand side of question labels. Clicking this icon will show a pop-up as shown above. Once configured and saved, dependent pages will be shown to the participant only if the configured answer choice is selected by the survey participant.
IMPORTANT: You cannot apply page and logical branching to the questions that are marked as internal.
Best practice: Whenever you add a question that branches to another page, the intermediate pages should not contain mandatory questions, since the Survey tool doesn't allow users to go back to previous pages that were jumped.
For example, if page 2 has a branching question that takes the user to page 6, the user will be unable to go to pages 3, 4, and 5 as these pages will be hidden. However, if page 3, 4, or 5 contains a mandatory question, the survey will throw an error and will ask the user to complete all of the mandatory questions.
Click PREVIEW at the top of the page to see what the survey will look like from the participant perspective. Select a language from the upper-right corner of the screen. The question translates to the selected language.