Note: This article describes deprecated functionality that only works with Survey 1.0. We recommend customers use Survey 2.0 for the most complete and up-to-date functionality. For more information on Survey 2.0, refer to Survey 2.0 Overview.
Gainsight comes with a default survey email template that will be used when sending out a survey through Gainsight. This article will walk you though how to edit the default and add new survey email templates.
- If you use Journey Orchestrator (formerly known as CoPilot) to distribute your survey, you will configure your email template in the Journey Orchestrator email designer instead.
- Be sure to only use the Anonymous email template if you're checking the Anonymous box in the Survey > Properties. Anonymous email templates contain tokens that are designed to operate with anonymous responses.
To get started you will:
- Click your name in the top right of SFDC. A menu is displayed.
- Click My Settings.
- On the left select Email.
- Click Email Templates.
- Select JBaraSurveyTemplate in the Folder drop-down list.
In this view you will see the existing templates and to the left of the Email Template name you can either Edit or Delete the template. Gainsight comes setup with four survey templates by default:
- Gainsight Anonymous Survey with Account Tracking
- Gainsight Anonymous Survey without Account Tracking
- Gainsight NPS® Survey Template
- Gainsight Survey Template
Important: Be sure to only use the Anonymous email template if you're checking the Anonymous box in the Survey > Properties. Anonymous email templates contain tokens that are designed to operate with anonymous responses.
To create a new template you will:
- Click on the email template name you want to use as a starting point.
- Click Clone.
- Keep the template in the JBaraSurveyTemplate folder
- Fill out required fields
- Click Save
When editing the cloned template you can change the language however it is critical that you retain the tokenized hyperlink as seen below:
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld|