Surveys is Gainsight’s built-in survey tool. With Surveys, you can create highly customized surveys that capture customer insights and transforms them into actionable next steps for your organization. You can easily create multi-page surveys with a variety of question types, including multiple choice, matrix, and a standard NPS® question type. (For general resources on NPS®, the net promoter score®, see the article NPS® Analytics/Reports.)
The benefits of using Surveys include:
- Integration - connect your surveys with other features in Gainsight, such as your health scores, email templates, etc.
- Actionability - trigger action items based on survey results in order to drive expansion or mitigate risks
- Customization - leverage a wide range of options in question types, survey branching, multilingual support, and other settings
You can also learn more about configuring and using Surveys in our free self-paced elearning courses on Gainsight University.
Evolution of Surveys
The v5.14 May 2018 release introduced a Surveys 2.0 Beta. If you've been using Surveys 1.0, we recommend using Surveys 2.0 as your primary method of survey communication. For new customers or those exploring Gainsight's Survey functionality for the first time, please use Surveys 2.0 since all new enhancements will be made in 2.0.
Surveys 2.0 does not have feature parity with the 1.0 version yet, and we still recommend using 1.0 for use cases that require features that are not yet available for Surveys 2.0. Both features can be used in parallel with each other. For more information, see Surveys 2.0 Overview.
You can migrate individual surveys from 1.0 to 2.0. The surveys must have a status of Draft or Expired. For more information on migration, refer to Migrating Surveys 1.0 to 2.0.
Surveys usually fall into one of two categories. Relationship surveys are about gathering overall periodic input on your product or process; and transactional surveys tend to be event-based. Examples follow:
- Relationship surveys: NPS®/Customer loyalty and satisfaction assessment; Measure ROI; or Identify advocates for possible references
- Transactional surveys: after training or conference, after key customer stages (for example, implementation/time of launch) , after case closure, or after an opportunity is closed
Gainsight surveys are tightly integrated with the rest of the platform, offering the following out-of-the-box functionality:
- Update health score of customer based on survey responses
- Create CTA and tasks based on survey responses
- View NPS® scores directly in the C360 or R360
- Distribute surveys via Journey Orchestrator email, which can be regularly scheduled to send to a dynamic list of contacts based on customer and contact criteria
- Closed loop feedback management using Program models
- NPS® text analytics
Gainsight provides dozens of Survey templates that are ready to import into your org. Templates are aligned to common business processes, and are stored in Gainsight's Vault. Admins can import Survey templates and further customize them as needed. Click here to learn more about accessing Vault Survey templates. To view a complete list of all the assets available in Gainsight's Vault, click here.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld|