This article explains CSMs how to share a Success Plan with internal users and/or People (External) through email.
Success Plans help CSMs collaborate directly with Users (internal) and People (External). A CSM can assign Objectives/Tasks, share the plan and assign permissions to internal users and People (External), so that they can directly make changes in the Success Plan using the shared link. For more information about how admins can configure a Success Plan for sharing, see the Configure Success Plan for Sharing article.
- For sharing a Success Plan with Users (internal users), the recipient needs to be added into the GS User object (in MDA) and must have a Viewer, Viewer+ Analytics, or Full license type with Gainsight.
Note: For more information on how a GS user can be added, refer to the Gainsight User Object article. By default, all Success Plans are marked for internal sharing (with users).
- Success Plans cannot be shared with Internal Collaborator license type users.
- When you share a Success Plan with Contacts (external customer contacts), the recipients are automatically added a as a Person into the GS Person object model.
- Viewer and Viewer + Analytics licensed users can only see the Success Plans in the C360 page (even if the plans are shared in edit mode).
Note: For the newly added Person in Gainsight, it might take upto 24 hours before Success Plans can be shared with them.
Business Use Cases:
- In the Onboarding process, Success Plans can be used to track all the tasks that need to be completed. Some of the tasks during onboarding might be owned by your customers such as conducting a training session or collecting feedback from the CSM team.
- With the Success Plans, you can review and finalize a Project Plan (created by you) with your customers, who can provide their feedback or details such as Due Date of the tasks they own.
Share the Success Plan
The following procedure explains how to share an individual Success Plan. To learn how to add a Success Plan as a section in the Shared360, see Configure Shared 360.
To share the Success Plan:
- Navigate to C360 > Success Plans.
- In C360 > Success Plan section > Under the three dots, an option is added to share a Success Plan.
- Once you click the Share Plan option, the Success Plan Export Configuration pane is displayed.
- Select the Share plan as a link option to share the Success Plan as a link.
Note: The Export plan as a PPT option is used to export the Success Plan as a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. See Exporting Success Plans article for more information.
- You can choose to either share the plan with internal users or with external customer contacts. You can also choose to exclude the Success Plan tasks in the shared output.
Notes: For sharing with contacts, the Enable Sharing with Contacts option must be enabled in the Success Plan. When a plan is marked for external sharing, all the corresponding Objectives are also marked for external sharing. However, you can uncheck this option to mark individual Objectives for internal sharing only. By default, all success plans are marked for internal sharing only.
For a Success Plan where specific sections/objectives are marked for external sharing, and that Success Plan is shared with contacts, only those sections/objectives that were marked for external sharing will be displayed to the recipient (contact). Whenever a Success Plan is shared with internal users, all the sections/objectives will be displayed to the recipient (user) by default.
When external sharing is enabled, the Success Plan is visible in Shared 360 layout when shared with contacts.
- Click PREVIEW.
- Click the Track Users icon to view the recipients with whom the Success Plan is shared.
- Click SHARE. The Email Layout window is displayed.
- In the Send to drop-down list, Contacts or Users will be displayed based on what you have selected in step 5.
- In the Choose Users/Choose Contacts field, enter the required users or contacts.
- Enter a subject and note in the Subject and Note fields respectively. By default, the subject is “<success plan name> for <customer>”.
- Click SEND.
View the Success Plan
When the Success Plan is shared, a notification is sent to the recipient's email address. The email notification may include a link expiration date and OTP verification. Recipients will perform the following steps to access the Success Plan:
Click the Click here to view button in the email notification.
- Admin modifies the shared active links, revokes access, and performs actions to manage the layouts and links shared. When recipients click "Click here to view" to access a link that has been revoked, they’ll be asked to contact the person who shared the link to request a valid link.
- In case the link is expired or OTP access is invalid, the same message is displayed.
- In both cases mentioned above, recipients need to contact the person (CSM/AM) who shared the link.
- If your admin did not enable the OTP option, you will be able to share the Success Plan as a link with others who are outside of Gainsight and Salesforce. You can either forward the email you have received (OR) you can also copy the URL and send it via email and email assist.
- Click SEND to request an OTP password to be sent to the registered email ids.
- Check the mail inbox. Recipients will receive an email that contains the One Time Password.
IMPORTANT: This One Time Password is time sensitive and will expire in case of repeated unsuccessful attempts. Recipients should reinitiate the access request in case the OTP is expired.
- Enter the OTP to access the link.
- If recipients do not receive the OTP, they should click RESEND.
Note: The OTP is valid for 5 minutes. If it expires, the recipients need to send a request to the CSM/AM to share the Success Plan again.
- Click VALIDATE. The shared Success Plan is displayed.
For information on how admins can configure a Success Plan for sharing, see the Configure Success Plan for Sharing article.