In this article, you learn about how your company can access real-time customer insights sitting inside Gainsight org within Slack using Sally. The Quick Insights feature takes this ability further and makes rich Gainsight data easily accessible to Sally users.
Gainsight introduces the Quick Insights feature which helps users access more specific information by simply typing Quick Insight in the chat window as shown in the following images.
The following diagram explains a scenario where you remember the insight name and directly enter it in the Sally command window.
Example: Quick Insights > Choose a quick insight type (SFDC/MDA/Data Space) to view the Insights > Choose a Quick Insight to view data.
What is Quick Insight and why use this feature?
The Quick Insights feature is a powerful way of giving access rich data insights to end users from Sally. It is essentially a report tailored to the presentation needs and constraints of Sally channels like Slack. Admins enables end-users to use Quick Insights from Sally for richer data access than possible today. For example, Show the list of high priority cases from high risk (low health score) companies.
This feature is primarily intended for the following audience:
- Administrators who want to make richer insights in Gainsight data available to their end-users.
- Sally in Slack end-users who want to easily access rich insights from Gainsight through Sally.
Use Quick Insights
Perform the following steps to use Quick Insights:
- Navigate to Administration > Sally > Slack.
- Enter a team name and click Continue. For more information, refer to the Admin Configuration for Sally article.
- Type ‘Quick Insights’ if you do not remember the name of the insight in the chat window as shown in the following image.
Clicking Enter displays the following section asking you to select a Quick Insights Type.
- Select a Quick Insights Type from the dropdown list.
Note: The options available in the above mentioned dropdown list are created by the Admins from the Administration > Sally > Quick Insights > TYPES tab as shown in the following image.
- Once a Quick Insight Type is selected, a list of insights under that type appears in another dropdown. Select the desired Quick Insights from the given options from the dropdown list to view data.
Note: The options available in the above mentioned dropdown list are created by the Admins from the Administration > Sally > Quick Insights > INSIGHTS tab as shown in the following image.
- Click Enter to see the response to the insights.