This article explains how admins can configure Sally for MS Teams.
As an admin, you need to perform the configurations required to fetch tenant data from the Microsoft Office account. Once the configurations are complete, users can access Sally in MS Teams. A tenant represents an organization that comprises of multiple teams. The members within the team can communicate via direct messages, and in multiple channels, and groups.
The diagram below illustrates a high-level structure of Microsoft Teams.
Configure Microsoft Teams
Perform the following steps to authorize Microsoft Teams to access Sally bot:
To authorize a Microsoft Teams Tenant in Gainsight:
- Navigate to Administration > Sally > Microsoft Teams.
- Click Add Sally to Teams. The Microsoft login page appears.
- Sign in to the Microsoft account using your existing credentials.
- Click Accept to grant user permissions. The tenant is authorized to access Gainsight Sally.
- Click Close on the authorization success confirmation window to navigate back to the Gainsight application.
- Gainsight requests for basic permissions only.
- Only a Microsoft Azure Global Administrator can authorize a Tenant in Gainsight.
For more information on user permissions, refer to the Microsoft Graph Permissions article.
To provide the access of Sally to Teams within tenants:
- In the global navigation pane, type MS Teams in the search field.
- Click MS Teams under Administration.
- Click Add Teams for the required Tenant.
- From the Teams page, select the checkbox next to the team you want to authorize.
- Click Save. The selected teams are authorized to access Gainsight Sally.
- Click the Show teams option from the context menu to change team permissions.
- Click Refresh option to view a newly added team in the teams list.
Manage Tenant Access
Click Restrict Access option from the context menu to restrict Sally access to a Tenant.
Click Provide Access option from the context menu to reauthorize Sally access to a Tenant.
Click Manage Users option from the context menu to navigate to the User Management page to add, or edit user details.
For more information on how to add users from external systems, refer to the Gainsight User Management article.