This article explains how to sync Company changes to SFDC Account using Real-Time Rules.
Using the Load to SFDC Account action type in Real-Time Rules, admins can now update SFDC Account immediately when the Company stage is changed. For more information on the Real-Time Rules feature, refer to the Real-Time Rules article.
A connection between Gainsight and Salesforce accounts must be established in the beginning. For more information on how to connect a Salesforce org to Gainsight, refer to the Salesforce Connector article.
Configure Real-Time Rule
This section explains how to configure a Real-Time rule to sync Company stage changes to SFDC Account.
To configure the Real-Time rule:
- Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine > Real-Time Rules tab.
- Click New Rule. A new page appears and you can view the following three tabs:
In the Details tab.
- Enter the Rule Name as Stage Sync with SFDC.
- In the Folder field, select the folder in which you want to add this rule (or) by default, the rule is saved to the Uncategorized folder.
- (Optional) Provide a brief description of the rule.
- Click Configure to update the rule details, and navigate to the Configure tab.
To configure a Rule:
- In the Select an Event section:
- From the Event Topic drop-down, select Company.
- From the Event drop-down, select Stage Changes.
Note: By default, the Stage field is added to the list. Additionally, you can drag and drop other event fields to be synced to SFDC Account.
Click Actions to update the rule details, and navigate to the Actions tab.
To create an Action:
- Click Create Action.
- Select Load to SFDC Object action type.
- Note: By default, the SFDC connector name is auto-populated in the Connectors field.
- From the Object Name drop-down, select Account.
- From the Operation drop-down, select Update.
- In the Field Mappings section:
- From the Event Fields drop-down, select Old SFDC Account Id.
- From the Action Fields drop-down, select Account Id.
- Select the Identifiers check box to identify the records to be updated.
- Click Add Field and map New Stage to Gainsight Stage.
- Click Save Rule.
- Click Close.
- Turn on the Status toggle switch to execute the rule.
This rule is executed when there is a change in the Company stage, and the corresponding stage changes are updated in the SFDC Account.