This article walks you through the process of creating a Bionic rule that triggers a CTA when a customer has one or more support tickets opened for more than 21 days.
Create a Bionic Rule
To create a Bionic Rule for this use case:
- Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine.
- Click Create RULE. The Create Rule page appears.
- Enter the following parameters in the Create Rule page:
- Rule For: Account
- Rule Name: Support Tickets open for more than 21 Days
- Folder: Select a folder for the rule.
- Description: (Optional)
- Click NEXT. Setup Rule page appears.
Create a Dataset with the following configurations in the Setup Rule page:
- Select the Salesforce object Case as source and add the following fields to the Show Fields section:
- Case::Case Reason
- Case::Case Type
- Case::Case Number
- Case::Created Date
- Case::Account ID
- Account::Account Name
- Add the following fields to the Filters section:
- Case::Created Date | less or equal | Subtract N Days to Rule Date | 21
- Case::Status | includes | New, Working, Escalated
- Verify that Apply to Gainsight customers only is checked.
- In the Advanced Logic, select Account Lookup::Account ID (Case).
- Enter the Dataset Task Name and Output Dataset Name as Support Tickets Open for more than 21 Days.
Note: You also have the option to Preview Results before proceeding, to verify that you have accounts that fulfill the rule criteria.
- Click Save to save the Dataset.
In the Setup Action page:
- Click +ACTION and select the dataset.
- Configure the Action as shown below:
- Action: Call to Action
- Create/Close: Create CTA
- Name: Support tickets Open for more than 21 Days
- Type: Risk
- Priority: Medium
- Status: New
- Playbook: TBD based on Playbooks your company has created
- Reason: TBD based on the Reasons your company has created. For this tutorial, Reason Support Risk is used
- Owner Field: Account::CSM (Your CSM Lookup field added in the previous step)
- Default Owner: <Your Name or Other Default Name> (Gainsight Lead or Success Lead)
- Due Date: Run + 5 Days
- Post Update to Chatter: This determines whether new comments are added each time a CTA of this type fires while another is still open.
- Comments: Comments are optional but can be helpful to provide additional information about the account.
- Select Create CTA once in 1 day.
- Click Run Now to run the rule now. Run Rule dialog appears. Click Save to save the setup Action and run the rule later.
- Gainsight recommends scheduling the rule to run Everyday Night. For more information, refer Scheduling and Executing Rules.