Track Onboarding Progress as a Health Score
This article assists you to setup a Rule which turns the Customer Scorecard to red when the Onboarding CTA tasks are getting delayed.
When you sign a new deal with a customer, you must ensure that the Onboarding process is carried out smoothly. Onboarding CTAs with Playbooks for your CSMs can help ensure new clients are onboarded in a consistent and professional manner. Onboarding progress based on CTA and task completion can be used as a measure of customer health. In this tutorial, we will build a rule which automatically updates the Customer Scorecard based on the status of the Adoption CTA. The Percent Complete filter is used in this rule to determine the status of the CTA.
This rule turns the Customer Scorecard to red, if the CSM does not complete at least 75% of the tasks, listed in the Adoption CTA, within 7 days from the creation of the CTA.
- A CTA Type Adoption exists. This is the first CTA created for a newly joined customer to track the customer’s Onboarding status. This Type of CTA (Adoption) is only created when a new Customer has joined the organization, to keep track of the Onboarding activities. This CTA Type is not used for any other purpose. You can provide any name to these CTAs, but the CTA Type must always be Adoption.
- A Scorecard Tracking Onboarding CTA exists. This Scorecard uses a measure called Sentiment. This Scorecard turns red when the new Customer Onboarding CTA (CTAs with Type equal to Adoption) is not going well.
Setting up the Rule
- Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine.
- Click Create Rule.
- Select the Bionic rule type.
- Create the rule for an Account.
- Provide a name for the rule in Rule Name field.
- Select a folder for the rule.
- (Optional) Provide a detailed description of the rule in Description box.
- Click NEXT.
- Click DATASET.
- Specify T1 in the Task Name field, on the left pane.
- Select Call To Action as the source object.
- In the Show section, add:
- Account Name
- Percent Complete
- Call To Action Name
- In the Filters section, add:
- Percent Complete
- CTA Type
- Created Date
- In the Filters section, select:
- <= and enter 75, for Percent Complete filter.
- = and Adoption, for CTA Type filter.
- <, Subtract N Days from Rule Date and enter 7, for Created Date filter.
- Click SAVE.
Setting up Rule Action
- Click Setup Action.
- Click + ACTION.
- Click OK on the Select Task window.
- Select Set Score 2.0 in the Action Type drop-down menu.
- Select Account as the Account identifier.
- Select Sentiment as the Scorecard measure
- Select Tracking Onboarding CTA as the Scorecard.
- Select Scoring Scheme as the source to set score.
- Click NA and select the red color and click SAVE SCORE.
Note: The Scorecard for Sentiment measure shows this color when CTA Percent Complete field is <=75% for Adoption CTA.
- Click SAVE.
- Click RUN to run the rule now. You can also schedule this rule to run at a later stage.
Scheduling the Rule
- Click Schedule.
Note:This rule is scheduled in such a way that it is triggered every day at 9 am for the entire month of June 2018. However, you can schedule the rule differently. For more information, refer to the Scheduling Rules article.
The customers whose:
- Adoption CTA was created a week before the Rule run date and
- Percent Complete score value is less than 75%,
end up with a red lined Scorecard (or other color band, selected in Step 9 of 'Setting up Rule Action' section).
- Set the schedule values as shown in the screenshot.
Note: We schedule the rule to run everyday from 1st June 2018 to 30 June 2018 at 9 am. However, you can schedule the rule differently, as required.
The digits in the above screenshot depict the following:
1. The rule is set to run daily
2. The rule runs on weekends as well.
3. The rule starts execution from 1st June 2018.
4. The rule does not execute after 30th June 2018.
5. and 6. The rule starts execution at 09:00 hrs.
7. The rule follows the America/LosAngeles time zone.
- Click START.