This article guides you to create a Bionic rule, which can track customer's Usage Data.
Depending on a customer’s needs and perhaps their lifecycle stage, they may not use all of the features of your product. However, if they aren’t using key features that are likely to ensure their renewal, or if their usage suddenly changes, your CSMs need to know.
This tutorial guides Admins to create a rule which pushes customer usage data into snapshot fields, every week. You can now monitor which features customers are using the most, on a weekly basis.
Create the Rule
To Create the Rule:
- Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine.
- Click Create Rule.
- In the New Rule window:
- Select the Bionic Rule Type.
- Create the Rule For an Account.
- Enter a Rule Name.
- Select a folder for the rule.
- (Optional) Enter a Description.
- Click NEXT.
The Setup rule window is displayed.
Set up the Rule
- Click DATASET.
- Enter a Task Name.
- Select Salesforce as the Data source.
- Select Usage Data as the Source Object.
- Drag and drop the fields, shown in the image below, to Show section. For more information about creating tasks in Bionic Rules, refer to the Bionic Rules Task Creation article.
You can drag and drop additional fields as required. If you do not find any field in your environment, it implies that the custom field is not yet created and you need to create the same. For more information on how to create custom fields and custom objects in Salesforce, refer to the Create a Custom Object in Salesforce article.
- Drag and drop the following fields in the Filter section.
- Week Label (Usage Data)
- Usage Data Aggregation Level Name (Usage Data)
- Status (Customer Info)
- In the Filters section:
- Select = and First Day of Previous Week filter, for Week Label field.
- Select Contains and enter ACCOUNTLEVEL as filter, for Usage Data Aggregation Level Name field.
- Select = and Active filter, for Status field.
- Click SAVE.
- Click Setup Action.
Configure the Rule Action
- Click +Action and select T1 (or whatever name you entered in Step 2 of the ‘Setting up the Rule’ section). as Source Dataset
- Select Load to Usage as the Action Type.
The Load to Usage Action Type is displayed only when you select a field which can store data. For more information about Action types, refer to the Setup Rule Action Types article.
- Perform the field mappings as shown in the table below. Click ADD CUSTOM FIELD, to add more fields.
|T1 field||Load to Usage field|
|Week Label (DATE)||Date (DATE)|
|Stage Name (TEXT)||Lifecycle Stage Snapshot (STRING)|
|Id (ID)||Account (ID)|
|ARR (CURRENCY)||ARR Snapshot (CURRENCY)|
|Full/Platform users (DOUBLE)||Full Licenses Snapshot (DOUBLE)|
|Support package sold (PICKLIST)||Support & Success Pkg SOLD Snapshot (PICKLIST)|
|CSM Name (TEXT)||CSM Snapshot (TEXT)|
|Support Package delivered (PICKLIST)||Support & Success Pkg delivered Snapshot (PICKLIST)|
|Renewals and Expansion Ownership (STRING)||Renewal & Expansion Ownership Snapshot (STRING)|
|Status Name (TEXT)||Status Snapshot (TEXT)|
|CSM Team Manager (PICKLIST)||CSM Team Manager Snapshot (PICKLIST)|
|Renewal Date (DATE)||Renewal Date Snapshot (DATE)|
|Owner ID Name (TEXT)||SFDC Account Owner Snapshot (TEXT)|
|Open Support Cases (High Priority) (DOUBLE)||Open Support Cases (High Prio) Snapshot (DOUBLE)|
|Open Support Cases (DOUBLE)||Open Support Cases Snapshot (DOUBLE)|
|Assigned Licenses (DOUBLE)||Assigned License Snapshot (DOUBLE)|
|Provisioned Licenses (DOUBLE)||Provisioned Licenses Snapshot (DOUBLE)|
|Deployment % (PERCENT)||Deployment Snapshot (PERCENT)|
|Users (DOUBLE)||Available Licenses (DOUBLE)|
- Click SAVE.
- You can run the rule now or schedule it to run later. For more information, refer to the Scheduling Rules article.