This article supports Gainsight NXT, the next evolution of the Customer Success platform. If you are using Gainsight CS Salesforce Edition, you can find supporting documentation by visiting the home page, and selecting CS > Salesforce Edition.
Not sure what your team is using? Click here.
This article explains how to use the Load to Survey Action Type to bring in survey response data from External systems into Gainsight, to obtain accurate NPS® responses.
Customers create a lot of survey engagements outside of Gainsight and they cannot automatically view the responses and metrics for the same in Gainsight CX. The Load to Survey action type in the Rules Engine allows customers to have automated ingestion of such external survey responses into Gainsight in order to build enriched CX Analytics.
Note: Currently, only the NPS® Survey Responses can be ingested. In the future, this framework will be extended to cater to ingest CSAT (Customer Satisfaction)/CES (Customer Effort Score) responses as well.
Business Use Case
As a CX User, I should be able to bring in survey data (NPS®) from external tools so that I can view the related responses and metrics in a single place along with Gainsight surveys.
The source dataset or CSV must be having the Company ID/Relationship ID, Company Name, Person Email ID, or Person Name fields. For the Load to Survey ingestion to be successful, you must first ingest all the data of the company into the Gainsight using Load to Company or Load to Relationship V2 action type. For more information on how to load data into the Company or Relationship standard object, refer to the Load to Company Action Type or Load to Relationship action type articles respectively.
Users are encouraged to leverage the Rule Chain feature to split out the following Load Actions:
- Rule 1: Load to Company/Load to Relationship
- Rule 2: Load to People For more information, refer to the Load to People action type article.
- Rule 3: Load to Survey
Load Data to Rules Engine
You can load data into the Rules engine from any of the following channels.
Any Gainsight object: If your Data is present in an object, create a dataset to fetch data from the object. For more information on how to create a dataset, refer to the Fetch Data section of the Folder and Tasks Creation article.
S3 Dataset Task: If you store your business contacts data in a CSV file and upload it into an S3 bucket, you can create a dataset by fetching data in this CSV file. For the information on how to create a dataset from a CSV file in the S3 bucket, see the S3 Dataset Task in the Rules Engine article.
Setup Action: Load to Survey
This example ingests data into the NPS® Survey Responses object from an S3 bucket.
To configure this Action Type:
- Navigate to the Setup Action page.
- Click + ACTION.
- From the Action drop-down menu, select the Load to Survey action type.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description field.
Select the survey for which the user wants to ingest external survey responses from the following options:
- Select from Existing Surveys: You can select an existing survey of the type EXTERNAL_NPS from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Survey Name: You can provide the name of the survey. If the survey with a given name is not there in the system, a new survey of type EXTERNAL_NPS is created.
Note: If the survey name entered matches any existing Surveys from the drop-down list, the existing survey with the same name is updated with the responses.
- Select the Survey Name Field: You can select this option if you do not want to ingest all of your external survey NPS data to a single survey. Sometimes, you want to ingest some of the records to a particular survey and some of the records to another survey. In such scenarios, it is expected that the source data (MDA object or S3 data) holds a column that resonates with the name of the Survey which can be mapped using this option.
- Click the Import Lookup icon to map the Company ID or Relationship ID. The Data Import Lookup Configurations dialog appears.
Perform the following steps in the Data Import Lookup Configurations dialog:
- In the Match By field, select the CSV field that has the company name and map the Name field from the Company object. You can choose any company attribute (as it is not just limited to Company Name alone) with which you can resolve the Company object.
- Click APPLY.
Perform Field Mappings to map the fields from CSV to the NPS® Survey Response.
Key Configurations: Users must map the following mandatory fields:
- NPS® Score
- Company ID/Relationship ID
- Responded Date
Note: The Import Lookup for Company/Relationship object and the Company ID or Relationship ID field mapping are mutually exclusive. If the source data already has the Company ID or Relationship ID, then you may prefer field mapping over the Import Lookup as the mapping offers the additional flexibility to configure the default value. The default value will be effective if and only if the source data for Company ID or Relationship ID is NULL or empty.
Click SAVE to save the Action and run the rule.
Validate in Surveys
To validate the Load to Survey Action:
- Navigate to Surveys > NPS® 2.0 Analytics page. The NPS® 2.0 Analytics page appears.
- In the Responded Users section, you can filter the responses as EXTERNAL_NPS in the External Source column.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.|