This article explains how to use the Load to Cases action type to Upsert/Update records in the Case Object.
The Load to Cases action type using Rules Engine is used to Upsert/Update the records into the Case Object. Users can either use the data that is present in a Gainsight Object or through an S3 file.
Business Use Case: Admins want to update the existing data in the Case object.
You must install the cases object using any of the following connectors:
Load Data to Rules Engine
You can load data into the Rules engine from any of the following channels.
- Any Gainsight object: If your Data is present in an object, create a dataset to fetch data from the object. For more information on how to create a dataset, refer to the Fetch Data section of the Folder and Tasks Creation article.
- S3 Dataset Task: If you store your business contacts data in a CSV file and upload it into an S3 bucket, you can create a dataset by fetching data in this CSV file. For the information on how to create a dataset from a CSV file in the S3 bucket, see the S3 Dataset Task in the Rules Engine article.
Setup Action: Load to Cases
To configure the Load to Cases action type:
- Navigate to the Setup Action page.
- Click + ACTION.
- From the Action drop-down, select the Load to Cases action type.
- In the Operation drop-down, select one of the following options:
- Update: Use this operation type to change the existing records in the case object that satisfies the identifiers selected in the Field Mapping section.
- Upsert: Use this operation type to update any matching records or create new records in the case object if no matching records exist.
- (Optional) Enter a description in the Description field.
- (Optional) In the Lookup Field Mappings section, click the Import Lookup icon to map the lookup fields.
- In the Field Mappings section, map the fields as required.
Note: Mapping of External ID and Source Org ID fields is mandatory to complete the Load to Cases action type process.
- In the Additional Information section, select the source id instance from the drop-down to add the sub-domain of the connection.
- Click SAVE to save the Action and run the rule or configure the rule schedule. For more information on how to configure the rule schedule, refer to the Schedule and Execute Rules article.