Bionic Rules Task Creation
This tutorial provides guidelines on how Admins can fetch data from multiple sources such as SFDC, MDA, and Data Spaces. This tutorial will guide you to perform actions using the Bionic Rule type (in Rules Engine) which has the capability to transform fetched data in various ways and execute actions with a single Bionic Rule. Users can perform Historical Rule Executions faster using Bionic Rules because of the data volume.
Before you start exploring how to create tasks in Bionic Rules, be sure to read the Getting Started with Bionic Rules article.
To fetch data from multiple sources such as SFDC, MDA, Data Spaces, and Gainsight PX Custom Events.
Fetch from SFDC, MDA, or Data Spaces
To fetch data from various sources:
Navigate to Rules Engine > RULES LIST tab > +RULE. The Create Rule screen is displayed.
Provide the following in the Create Rule screen:
- Select Account checkbox as Rule For.
- Enter Rule Name.
- Select a folder for the rule.
- Enter Description [Optional].
- Click NEXT. You are navigated to the Setup Rule screen.
- Click DATASET.
Enter the Task Name, Task Description, and Output Dataset Name. If you do not provide a value in the Task Name field, it is auto-populated as per the format Fetch from <Object Name>; if you have used the Account object, the task name is auto-populated as Fetch from Account (if you do not provide a Task name).
Note: Output Dataset Name auto-populates from Task Name and it can be changed to a different name.
In this use case, the following details are used:
- Task Name: Fetch from usage data [Maximum 80 characters and should be Alphanumeric; _ and space are supported]
- Task Description: Usage data fetch [ Maximum 200 characters]
- Output Dataset Name: Usage Data [Maximum 60 characters and should be Alphanumeric; _ and space are supported]. This gets pre-populated with the task name by default.
- Select Salesforce as a data source from the drop-down list to fetch from SFDC (for example in this article). You can also select from Matrix Data, or Data Spaces available in the drop-down list to fetch from MDA (All data sources), or Data Spaces respectively.
Use our Gainsight Object Glossary to better understand the main MDA and SFDC objects and fields used in Gainsight.
Select Usage Data as the source object from Salesforce. The objects available in the data source selected in the previous step are displayed in this drop-down list.
Drag and drop the following fields from Usage Data in the Show section:
Drag and drop fields in the Filters section and apply logic as required. Advanced logic AND is applied to the selected filters automatically in the Advanced Logic section. You can modify the logical operator to OR. Advanced Logic is not case-sensitive in Setup Rule.
Click SAVE to create the task as configured. This task is now available for you to proceed further. You can also click PREVIEW to view the task results in a new window.
Note: If the rich text fields are added in the Show me section of a rule task, the Don’t include HTML tags checkbox is enabled. Admins can select this option if they want to remove the HTML tags from Rules Engine.
IMPORTANT: Admins can select the Notes Plain-Text field to export the notes field without HTML tags when importing data from the Activity Timeline object.
- Field labels can be edited by clicking on the settings icon.
The following are the limitations for Bionic Rule task creation:
|Max # of tasks allowed||15|
|Max # of Show fields in each task||50||In Pivot task, we can pivot on a field using 200 cases|
|Max # of Group by fields in transformation tasks||10|
|Max # of filters allowed in each task||26||This limit is in filters of every task.|
|Max # of results displayed in Preview Results||100|
Fetch Data from Gainsight PX Custom Events
Admins can fetch custom event data including Account/User and Global context attributes for custom events from Gainsight PX custom events and perform any actions in Rules Engine. In the Setup Rule screen, admins can select the PX Connection and Product Name, for which all the configured events are displayed for selection. Like any other source/object, admins can add show fields/filters based on the selected event properties and also perform merge/transform tasks.
To fetch PX usage data, admins must configure the PX Connector in the Gainsight CS application. For more information, refer to the Gainsight PX Connector article.
Limitations: Following are some of the limitations in using PX usage data:
- The Date field is mandatory and it must be bounded such that you need to have a start date and end date.
- Only the data from the past 180 days is considered.
- Event level data is not supported. Gainsight always aggregates EventID to Count (EventID) when dropped in the Show section.
- Only 100K records are fetched per rule.