This tutorial explains how to create a report to determine which customers do not have any open CTAs or no CTAs. First, you will create a custom numeric field named “Count of CTAs” on the CustomerInfo object. Then, you will create rule to determine the count of open CTAs, and map it with the custom field. And finally, you will create a report on the CustomerInfo object with a specific filter to determine the customers without CTAs.
Create a Custom Numeric Field
To create a custom numeric field:
- Navigate to the Custom Info Object page in Salesforce.
- Click New to create a new field.
3. Select the data type as Number and click Next.
4. Enter the field label as Count of CTA and field name as Count_of_CTA. Click Next.
- Select the required security settings and click Next.
- Click Save.
Create a Rule to Determine the Count of Open and No CTAs
To create a rule to determine the count of open and no CTAs:
- Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine.
- Click + RULE.
- Select the rule type as Bionic.
- Select Account in Rule Type and enter the required rule name as “Count of open CTAs”.
Create First Dataset
To create the first Dataset:
- Click DATASET TASK. Enter the required task name and output dataset name as Fetch from Call to Action.
- Select the source object as Call to Action.
- Select the Account, Account Name, and Count of Call to Action Name fields in the Show section.
- Apply the ‘Status = New’ filter, or as per your requirement.
Create Second Dataset
To create the second Dataset:
- Click + TASK > Dataset in the Setup Rule screen.
- Enter the required task name and output dataset name as Fetch from Account.
- Select the source object as Account.
- Select the Account Name and Account ID fields in the Show section.
Merge Task to create single output
To create a merge task:
- Click + TASK > Merge in the Setup Rule screen.
- Enter Task Name (here it is Load to Customers), Task Description (Optional), and Output Dataset Name (here it is Load to Customers).
- Select the following options in the Criteria section, for the available fields as used in this example:
- Merge: Fetch from Call To Action
- With: Fetch from Account
- Select Join Type: Retain all records from both dataset
- Click + MERGE ON FIELD. This adds the following fields (entered/selected data is for this use case):
- Select Source: id
- Select Target: Account id
Note: Ensure that Output Field Labels should be unique in the Show Fields section.
- Click SAVE.
To setup an action on the rule:
- Navigate to Setup Action.
- Click + ACTION and select Merge task.
- Select the Action type as Load to Customers.
- Map the newly created custom field with the COUNT of Call To Action Name and run the rule.
- Click RUN NOW.
Note: Ensure that you uncheck the Test Run checkbox before clicking the RUN button.
Create the Report
To create the report:
- Navigate to Administration > Analytics > Report Builder.
- Click + REPORT.
- Select the data source as Customer Info.
- In the Show me section, select the Account Name and Count of CTA fields.
- Click RUN.