August 2019 : 6.5 Release
July 2019: 6.4 Release
The Customer 360 (C360) is a central hub of your customer’s business information in Gainsight. It synthesizes business data from various sources and provides you with a holistic view of your customers. This minimizes the preparation time for your customer meetings.
- Custom Field not needed for Self-Lookup: Previously, the Company object did not have a field equivalent to the SFDC Parent ID. The Company object has the Parent Company ID, but previously this always was used to contain the GSID. This meant that admins had to create a custom field on the Company object in order to capture the data of these SFDC fields as part of a data ingestion channel.
This is no longer required as of this release. The Company object has been enhanced so that the Parent Company ID field can contain the SFDC Parent ID. It is no longer required for admins to create a custom field as part of a Self-Lookup. Whenever a Self-Lookup is configured, the SFDC account ID can be populated directly to the Parent Company ID field.
Note: This enhancement is only available for new customers at this time, and will be available to them by default going forward. It will not affect the self-lookup configuration already set up by existing customers.
- Edit records in a Low Volume custom object from the C360/R360 > Related List section: Admins can add a report created on any custom object into the Related List section, for any C360/R360 Layout. For more information on how to configure a Related List section in the C360 layout, refer Configure the Customer360 Details (C360) Page and Section Types.
If the Admin has added a report created on the Low Volume custom object to the Related List section, CSMs/end users can see the report in the C360/R360 > Related List page. For more information on the Low Volume custom objects, refer the enhancement in Data Management.
CSMs can now create new records and edit existing records on the Low Volume custom object through this report.
Prerequisites for this enhancement:
- Low Volume custom object should have a field lookup to Company > Name. For more information on enabling lookup from any field, refer the Gainsight Data Management article.
- Create a Report on the required Low Volume custom object from Report Builder. This report should have GSID field from the source object (Low Volume custom). For more information on this, refer Create New Report.
- Add this Report while configuring the Related List section. For more information on this, refer Configure Related List.
To view or edit the existing records:
- Navigate to the C360 page > configured Related List section of a customer. You can see all of the records from the Low Volume custom object through the report.
- Click the View button against a specific record. VIEW RECORD window is displayed which shows values in all the fields.
- Click the Edit button against a specific record. EDIT RECORD window is displayed.
- Edit values in the required fields.
- Click UPDATE.
To add a new record into the object:
- Click ADD to create a new record in the object. ADD RECORD window is displayed.
- Enter values into the fields.
- Click SAVE.
- Display number of Direct Reports in the Person Map: People Maps provide a graphical view of the hierarchy in an organization. Using this hierarchy, you can visualize who reports to whom, which in turn helps you to contact the right people. CSMs can build People maps in the Org chart view in the C360 > Person section. For more information on this, refer Build People Maps.
People Maps is now enhanced to display the number of direct reports for every person in the Org chart. If there any direct reports to a person (display number is more than 0), you can click + and see the respective cards of the direct reports. The + button does not appear if there are no direct reports.
- Display Manager Name in the Person Detail view: Person Maps is now enhanced to display Manager name in the Manager field in the Person detail view. Previously, Manager’s GSID was displayed in the Manager field; this is now replaced with Manager’s name.
To see this enhancement:
- Navigate to the C360/R360 > Person section of a specific company or Relationship.
- Navigate to the Org Chart view of the People associated to the Company or Relationship.
- Click any Person in the Org chart. Person Detail view is displayed in which you can see Manager’s Name in the Manager field as shown below:
May 2019: 6.3 Release
April 2019: 6.2 Release