Short on time? Watch this 4-min. video overview to see what's new in the 6.11 release!
Gainsight CS Release Notes Version 6.11 contains the following subsections:
- Enhancements (per module) describe improvements made in the existing product capabilities.
- New Components which are introduced and modified in every release.
- Permission Sets section contains the list of the updated Gainsight and SFDC permission sets for several features in a release.
- Issues Addressed contains issues which were reported by customers and are fixed in this release.
: This symbol indicates that an enhancement originated as a customer suggestion on the Gainsight Community.
Adoption Explorer helps manage your customer’s usage data in the Gainsight environment, and quickly surface the most relevant view of usage data across your customer base. Adoption Explorer offers powerful segmentation capabilities to manage multiple product lines, more robust control of aggregations and calculations, and totally re-imagined visualizations to surface deep insights. Customer’s usage data at Company and/or Person level can be stored at both daily and weekly level along with their entitlements. Using the ingested data, admins can define new derived fields without the need of Rules Engine.
AE Person identifier Lookup
Until now, admins can only create a lookup from AE person identifier to Person object in Gainsight. But, with this enhancement, admins can also create a lookup from AE person identifier in usage data to Company Person object in Gainsight.
Business Use Case: For instance, assume a person named Andy is working with a company called ABC as a Software Engineer, and as a consultant for a company called XYZ. Assume, Andy’s record with company ABC is stored in Person object, but Andy’s record with company ABC and XYZ are stored in Company Person object. So, with the existing functionality when you create a usage report in AE that has been looked up to Person object might give you only the details of Andy’s contribution to ABC company. This enhancement helps address this issue as AE person identifier can now lookup to Company Person object. Usage reports when created can get you the actual details of the person’s usage data from each company based on the person’s Role/Title in the company.
Pull real time usage data directly from Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL and Redshift
Admins can now ingest near real time usage data/telemetry data from more external sources like Snowflake, Postgres, MySQL and Redshift. Once the connection is established, you can bring the usage data from these sources to the Adoption Explorer Timeseries objects.
To use this enhancement:
- Navigate to Adoption Explorer > Administration.
- Hover to the required project name and click the Objects icon and you are landed on the Objects listing page.
- Now, hover to the required object for which you want to establish a source connection and click the rounded plus (Add Source).
- Enter the Source Name of your choice.
- Select the required Source Type from the dropdown list. You can now additionally see the following new external sources:
For more information on how to setup these source connections, refer to the Configure Adoption Explorer Objects article.
Once you setup the source connection and the project is saved, these Adoption Explorer objects are seen in the Gainsight Data Management page, prefixed with the project name. Once the data is available in Gainsight, you can use it in other areas, such as Reporting and Rules Engine.
Note: Currently, you cannot directly connect to these sources from Rules Engine and Reporting. The only way to connect to these sources is via Adoption Explorer, but once the usage data is available in Gainsight, you can explore it in Rules and Reporting.
Create usage reports at Company level ignoring Instance level data
You can now create Usage reports in a Layout at the Company Level ignoring “Instance” level data.
Business Use Case: For instance, assume a company called ABC has two products namely “Product 1” and “Product 2”. With the current functionality in Gainsight, you can only create usage reports at individual product levels, either “Product 1” or “Product 2” but not at Company level. Adoption Explorer is now enhanced to address this issue, you can now create usage reports to get insights not only at individual product levels, but also at Company level ignoring instance (product level) data.
To use this enhancement:
- Navigate to Adoption Explorer > Administration.
- Hover to the required project in which you want to configure a layout. Click the Layouts icon, and you are landed on the Layouts listing page.
- Click + Layout to create a new one.
- Enter the Layout Name of your choice.
- From the Layout Type dropdown list, select the required Layout type.
- Select the Ignore Instance checkbox, if you want to create reports only at the Company level, ignoring instance level data.
For more information on how to create a Layout, refer to the Create Layouts in Adoption Explorer article.
Data Designer (BETA) is a new feature that makes it easier for you to discover richer, more meaningful insights from your customer data. It helps by simplifying the most time-consuming step of data analysis, preparing the data for analysis.
Faster Search functionality for field selection
While adding a field to a dataset, you can now search and find the required field much faster than before. When users type in the Field name, the search functionality now fetches the fields from the base object. To further extend your search on lookup objects, be sure to expand the lookup object before you search.
For more information on how to search and add a field to the dataset, refer to the Preparation Details in Data Designer (BETA) article.
The following image shows the enhanced Search functionality.
With Surveys, you can create highly customized surveys that capture customer insights and transform them into actionable next steps for your organization. You can easily create multi-page surveys with a variety of question types, including multiple choice, matrix, and a standard NPS question type. Surveys 2.0 gives admins the ability to design and distribute surveys in Gainsight without a dependency on SFDC sites or features.
Bulk Import PX Surveys into Survey 2.0
Gainsight Admins can now integrate Gainsight PX with Gainsight CX (Survey 2.0) to import and analyze PX survey engagement responses. Gainsight users can derive more customer insights from these survey responses and trigger followup actions from Gainsight CS. CSMs can analyze the PX survey engagement responses from the C/R360 page.
After you configure the integration from Administration > Operations > Connectors 2.0 > CONNECTORS tab, navigate to the Survey 2.0 page to access this feature.
In the following image, you can see the Import from PX option when you click +. The Gainsight PX logo below the Survey Name identifies the surveys which are imported from Gainsight PX.
Renewal Center helps quota carrying CSMs and Renewal Managers forecast and manage their book of business. By enriching Salesforce Opportunities with Customer Success insights, as well as calculating a Likelihood to Renew score for each opportunity, Renewal Center enables your team to efficiently manage and predict renewals and related upsell, recognize risks in a timely fashion, and report on key metrics.
Save of Gainsight Fields not Mapped to Salesforce Does Not Trigger Sync
With this enhancement, when you update a field that is present only in Gainsight, there is no impact on the corresponding Opportunity record in Salesforce. Specifically, the Last Activity, Last Modified By, and Last Modified Date fields are not updated in Salesforce. This enables Renewals teams and CSMs to independently manage opportunity data as needed.
IMPORTANT: This enhancement does not impact the existing behavior of fields that are mapped to Salesforce Opportunities. If you modify an Opportunity field that is mapped to Salesforce via the Salesforce Connector, the corresponding changes are synced back to Salesforce.
To use this feature:
- Create a custom field in the GS Opportunity object.
Add the custom field to Renewal Center’s Opportunity List view and/or Detail view layouts.
- Modify the values of the newly created custom field from the Renewal Center user page.
- Save the changes.
The Customer 360 (C360) is a central hub of your customer’s business information in Gainsight. It synthesizes business data from various sources and provides you with a holistic view of your customers. This minimizes the preparation time for your customer meetings.
Add Lookup Fields as Filters in R360
Admins can now select Lookup Fields when configuring filters for the R360 Attributes section, to better control the type of data displayed within the R360.
To add a filter to an R360 page, navigate to Administration > General > Relationships > Types > select the Relationship Type you wish to edit > Layouts > select the Layout you wish to edit > Click to configure the Attributes section > select the filters you wish to apply.
For more information on configuring the R360, refer to the Configure 360 Attributes Section article.
Set Custom Expiration Period for Shared Layouts
Previously, admins could only choose from a pre-selected list of date ranges when configuring the expiration period of a shared setting. This limited their ability to control the amount of time their shared layouts are available. Now, admins can set the exact number of days a shared layout is available before access expires. To configure expiration settings for shared layouts navigate to Administration > Sharing > 360 Layout > select either the C360 LAYOUTS tab, or the R360 LAYOUTS tab > select the layout you wish to edit > Sharing Settings.
For more information on how to configure sharing settings for Shared 360 layouts, refer to the Sharing Settings for Share 360 article.
Person REST APIs are used for creating, updating, retrieving, and deleting a single or multiple records in the Person and Company Person, and Relationship Person objects in the Gainsight’s Matrix Data Architecture (MDA).
Delete Person API
Admins/Developers can now delete the Person record(s) from Gainsight using Gainsight’s Person REST APIs. When the person record(s) are deleted through this API, their corresponding records from the Company Person, Relationship Person, and person references in other Gainsight objects are deleted.
This API helps with adherence to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by deleting unwanted person records from Gainsight. GDPR states that companies should not store their customer’s unwanted personal data. Compliance requires companies to clear all Personally Identifiable Information (PII) customer data from all systems that the companies use (including Gainsight).
Person Delete API is used to delete person records from the Gainsight Person object. Every record in the Person object is identified with a unique GSID. You should pass the GSIDs that you want to delete, through the request body of this API.
- You can pass a maximum of 5000 records per API call to delete them from the Gainsight Person object.
- You can make a maximum of 100 Delete API calls per hour.
Once the Delete API call is triggered, you will get delete request Id through API Response. There is another API called GET Delete Status API to get status of the request submitted to delete Person records from Gainsight. API Response of this request provides the status of Delete request and number of records deleted.
To learn more about the Delete Person API and GET Delete Status API, refer to the Person API Documentation article.
With Timeline Comments in mobile, you can now actively participate in conversations on important updates and events, on the go!
You can now receive the real-time push notifications, if you are @mentioned in one of the comments, or if someone adds a comment to an activity you have posted. You will always be aware of what’s going on, and can help support customers and colleagues without delay.
Note: All rich-text formatting is honored in the comments.
To post comments on a Timeline Activity:
- Tap on any of the timeline activities.
- Start typing your comment in the Type a comment text area.
Note: To mention someone in your comment, tap @ and start typing the name.
- Tap SEND. Your comment is posted. Click the three dots on the right corner to Edit/Delete the comment.
You can also make use of the available formatting options, based on your requirement.
Add and Assign Inline Tasks
You can now add and assign important tasks to your team, within the activity you are logging to Timeline. Task owners can then immediately take action and close the loop from their Cockpit.
To add and assign Inline Tasks:
- Tap on any of the timeline activities.
- Scroll down to the Tasks section, and tap Add Task.
- Enter the following details:
- Task Name: Enter the task name of your choice.
- Owner: From the Owner dropdown list, select the owner.
- Due Date: Select the required Date.
- Select the rounded checkbox to close a task.
- Click the three dots on the right corner to Edit/Delete the task.
- For now, only the activity owners can edit the tasks.
Components Introduced and Modified in 6.11 Release
Gainsight has not introduced any new components in this release.
Permission Sets Added/Updated in 6.11 Release
With every new release, the Gainsight and SFDC permission sets are updated for several features to give access to new objects, fields, apex classes, and visualforce pages. In this release, Gainsight has the following Permission sets added or updated.
Gainsight has not modified any of the permission sets in this release.
- Misalignment of Cockpit Module Columns: Previously, the Cockpit module columns were misaligned when the browser is zoomed at a certain level in lightning mode. This issue is now resolved.
- Unable to Evaluate SFDC Filter Condition: Previously, an error message was displayed when participants were failing to evaluate the SFDC filter condition in the Conditional Wait step. This issue is now resolved.
- Custom Date Field Mappings Prevented Saving Rule Action Page: Previously, when you applied a custom date field mapping in the Rule Action page (after saving the rule once initially), the rule failed to save and returned an error. This issue is now resolved and you can now save rules after applying custom date mappings.
- Unable to load Participant details: Previously for some users, there was an issue where the Survey Analytics page did not render the participant details as expected in different sized screens. This issue is now fixed.
- Error while syncing dropdown list items through Salesforce Connector: Previously, syncing of dropdown list items through SFDC Connector failed. This issue is now resolved now.