CS Patch Release Notes: Version 6.21.X series
This document contains information about issues that were resolved in patch releases of the 6.21 version.
Note: Releases are not always contiguous, and do not always contain customer-facing issues or enhancements
Version 6.21.1 (Patch), Feb 4, 2020
Rules Engine is designed to improve your underlying customer data to produce superior customer outcomes. It can perform powerful multi-step, in-memory data transformations for large datasets in Gainsight within one rule. Transformations include aggregations, multi-dataset merges, formulas, and time-series calculations; helping your team to better identify meaningful data signals.
Gainsight Suggestions for an Efficient Rules Setup
Gainsight now suggests few recommendations for the admins during the configuration of rules to improve the performance of the rule, minimize the rule run time, and reduce rule failure probability. These suggestions also act as a reminder/guidance for the admins to configure accurate and efficient rules.
The following areas of rule configuration in which Gainsight recommends suggestions to the admins:
- Filters in Tasks: This suggestion is displayed when no filters are added to the tasks. It is recommended to add the filters to fetch only the required data to improve the performance of a rule.
- Date Filters in Tasks: This suggestion is displayed when no date filters are added when the rule is scheduled to run regularly. It is recommended to add a date filter for a rule to fetch only the latest data.
- Unused Tasks: This suggestion is displayed when any data from the tasks is not used anywhere in the rule. Therefore, admins can delete those tasks without any impact to the rule configuration.
The above suggestions are initially displayed on the Schedule screen of the rule setup, after adding at least one dataset to the rule.
Once the rule is scheduled, only the relevant recommendations that are applicable for each dataset are displayed in the Setup Rule screen.
Timeline is the official record of your customers. It allows you to log information regarding customer interactions in a way that enables you to quickly gather insights and drive action. The Timeline View in the Customer or Relationship 360 allows you to log and view activities that help you track customer interactions over the course of a customer’s life-cycle. You can share the updated 10-min. training on Timeline with your Gainsight end users!
Improved Timeline Usability
The following are a few modifications done to the Timeline feature to improve the user experience:
- Cosmetic changes to enhance appearance: Icons are now brighter, fonts are darker in color and bigger in size to improve readability.
- Copy and paste content without any formatting issues: It’s now easier to copy and paste content into Timeline > Activity without losing the original formatting. This also includes the removal of HTML tags whenever data is copied from another source into Timeline.
- More space in Notes section: The Notes section in the Timeline activity composer now has more space, making it easier to take notes.
- Unable to view the String type field: In Global Filters, when User Name is added as a reference field, the Map the Fields section did not display any of the string data type fields. This issue is resolved now.
- Global Filter not working as expected: Previously, in the Dashboard Home page and in the Preview page, Global Filters with the same filter condition and value displayed different results for different users. This issue is resolved now.
- Base object is not displaying: In the Dashboard Builder, while configuring a Global Filter, the object list did not display the base object. This issue is fixed now.