Gainsight Release Notes Version 5.15 contains the following subsections:
- Enhancements (per module)
- Automatic Updates that do not require Admin configuration.
- Incremental Improvements to existing features that require some Admin configuration.
- New Components which are introduced and modified in every release.
- Permission Sets section contains the list of the updated Gainsight and SFDC permission sets for several features in a release.
- Issues Addressed section contains issues which are fixed in this release and also issues reported by customers.
- Known Issues section contains a list of issues whose cause have been identified and cannot be fixed at the time of current release; but most of the time these issues have useful workarounds.
- Send Operational Emails through Advanced Outreach: Email templates that are marked as operational can now be included in the Advanced Outreach Email Chain model. For more information on operational emails, refer to Operational Email Guidelines.
Note: Operational email templates can only be included in the Email Chain model.
An Operational email can be included in any email step in the Email Chain Model. You can add a combination of operational and non-operational email steps.
For an Advanced Outreach which has at least one operational email template, the following restrictions apply:
- No more than 5000 (or the limit configured per tenant) active participants can be within the Advanced Outreach. If more than 5000 participants are added, the participants will be dropped.
No more than 5000 participants can be added to the Advanced Outreach per day.
Example: If you add 5000 participants to an Advanced Outreach the first day it is published, and then 1000 of those participants move to completed or are dropped from the outreach in that same day, you will not be able to add more participants until the next day even though there are less than 5000 participants currently active.
After an operational email template is added to an email configuration step of an Advanced Outreach, the following message will be displayed informing the user they have selected an operational template:
- Preview results of Query Builder in Advanced Outreach: Admins can now select a preview option at the top-right of the dataset task configuration page. This feature is designed to help the admin monitor the output of each task to ensure that the configured task is accurate and meets the needs of the Advanced Outreach. For more information on using Query Builder in an Advanced Outreach, refer to Adding Participants to an Advanced Outreach.
Clicking this option will open a pop-up window with the results of the query.
- Pan and Zoom functions in the Advanced Outreach Model Configuration screen: Within the AO model configuration screen, Admins can scroll to zoom in and out of the model using the mouse. They can also click and drag the model, or use the arrow keys to pan across the screen.
- Configuration Errors Displayed in Adv. Outreach UI: The model configuration screen will now highlight steps that are not configured properly after the Admin clicks PUBLISH on an Advanced Outreach. This is available for all Advanced Outreach models.
After clicking the PUBLISH button, red highlights will appear over any steps within the model that are not configured properly and will prevent the outreach from being published successfully. If this feature identifies one or more steps that are not properly configured, the outreach will not be published.
Users can hover over the red exclamation points at the top-right of any highlighted step for more information on the configuration issue.
After users have resolved the configuration issues, they can click PUBLISH again to complete publishing the Advanced Outreach. For more information, refer to Configure Models and Emails for Advanced Outreach.
Survey 2.0 (BETA)
- NPS Analytics Summary View for Surveys 2.0: Admins can add the NPS 2.0 (Beta) tab to their available tabs. The NPS 2.0 tab contains cross survey reports on the NPS question for surveys distributed through Surveys 2.0. For more information on the NPS 2.0 (Beta) tab, refer NPS 2.0 Overview.
Internal Submissions for Surveys 2.0: The Internal Submissions feature is now enabled for Surveys 2.0. This option is available under the Properties tab > Additional Configuration section. For more information on enabling Internal Submission, refer to Submit Surveys 2.0 Internally.
Note: Internal Submission is only available for surveys with the Non-Anonymous category.
To submit an internal response in Surveys 2.0:
- On the Surveys 2.0 (Beta) tab, open the survey for which you want to submit a response.
- Navigate to the Analyze tab. (For more information on this tab, refer Surveys 2.0 Analytics.)
- Click the Not Responded section of the participant chart in Response Statistics.
This will open a table view for every participant that has not responded to the survey at the bottom of the page. Click the submission icon next to the participant’s name.
This will open the survey in a new tab where you can submit responses on behalf of the participant. Enter the response and click SUBMIT.
- Load Null Values to Fields using Load to Actions: You can now load null values into any field using the Load to Action types in Bionic Rules. This enhancement is supported in the following action types:
- Load to Usage
- Load to Customers
- Load to SFDC Object
- Load to MDA Subject Area
- Load to Company
- Load to Relationship
- Load to User
- Load to Company Person
- Load to Relationship Person
To see this enhancement:
- Navigate to Administration > Bionic Rules > Setup Action page.
- Select any Load to Action and click ADD CUSTOM FIELD.
- Select Set to Null to ingest null values into the target field.
Delete a Bionic Rule Schedule: You can now delete the existing schedule of any Bionic rule in all of the schedule types (Basic, Advanced, and Event). To delete the schedule of a Bionic rule, click DELETE in the schedule page as shown below:
You can now delete the schedule of any Rule chain in the Basic and Event schedule types with the DELETE button:
Note: In previous versions, the option to delete a basic rule chain scheduler was available in the bottom right corner of the Schedule page as a Delete icon.
- Basic type Rule chain scheduler is now similar to Rule scheduler: You can now see more options in the basic type rule chain scheduler with an enhanced UI and it’s similar to the basic rule scheduler. New options include:
- Schedule for Yearly
- Selection of flexible Start Time in Minutes and Timezone
To see this enhancement, navigate to Administration > Bionic Rules > Rule Chain > [Click SCHEDULE] > [Select Schedule type Basic].
Create activities directly from the Timeline tab: Users can now create activities from the Timeline tab directly. A new option + ACTIVITY is provided on the Timeline tab for this purpose. Using this option, you can create activities for Account and Relationship contexts. All activity types including custom ones created at the Global, Account, and Relationship levels will be available for selection.
From the Timeline tab, click + ACTIVITY and select an activity type. The Activity Editor appears.
Enter info in the required fields and click LOG. A new field Related To is introduced to relate an activity to an Account or Relationship. For more information, see the Relate an Activity to Account/Relationship enhancement directly below.
Relate an activity to an Account / Relationship: While creating an activity from the Timeline tab, users can relate the activity to an account or relationship using a new Related To option.
- Enter a minimum of 3 letters to initiate the Search.
- Search will be performed on the first three letters of the Account/Relationship.
- The search at Related Field functions as Starts With.
- You cannot relate an activity to a CTA.
- If the selected activity type is not enabled for a particular Account or Relationship Type, the search results will not show the Account/Relationship information.
- Relationship Search in the Related To field: When you search for a relationship in the Related To field, the search results will show the associated Account Name, Relationship Type, and Relationship details.
Share Activity Link with users in your org: Using the Share Link option, users can share an activity created in Timeline with other users in your Gainsight org.
- Hover over an activity and click the More icon (three dots).
- Click Share Link. The Activity Link dialog appears.
- Click COPY. The link to the activity will be copied to the system’s clipboard. You can paste the link in any channel and share with users in your org.
- To view the activity from the link, users need to have a Gainsight License.
Once the users click the link, they will view the individual activity as shown below.
To view the full list of activities in Timeline tab, click the Click here link at the top of the page.
View parent activity in CTA Timeline: In Cockpit > Timeline, you can view the activity from which the CTA was created. If an activity contains a follow-up task, a CTA is created in Cockpit. Now from Cockpit Timeline, you can view the activity associated with the CTA.
- In Cockpit, click a CTA that was created from an activity.
- In the CTA Detail View, click the Timeline sub-tab.
Person section in C360
Add a person record directly from C360 > Person: Users can now manually add a person record directly from the Person section in C360.
After the Admin has added the Person section to the 360, navigate to C360.
Click + PERSON. The Add Person dialog appears.
- Enter information in any of the fields and click SEARCH. The Search performed here uses the OR condition between the fields.
If a person match is found in the search results, then select the person and add more details if required and click SAVE. In this scenario, you are associating an existing person with the current company.
Note: While associating a person record to a new customer, the previous company associations will not appear.
- If a person match is not found in the search results, then click ADD NEW PERSON.
The Add Person section appears.
Enter Email Address and Name. In the Add Person dialog, following fields are mandatory:
- Email Address
- Fields from the Company Person object.
In the Company Association section, add information in the available fields if required. You cannot edit the Company ID information.
You cannot add a person record if the email address is already present.
You can associate an existing person record to a new customer and specify different metadata such as a different Role.
If a person record is already associated with the current company, then you cannot create the person record.
Adding a person record from R360 is not yet available.
Edit person record details directly from C360 (Inline Edit): From the C360 > Person section, users can directly edit and add person record information. Inline edit is enabled for fields that are available for a person.
In C360 > Person section, click a person record. The detailed view appears.
- Select a field from the detailed view and select a value.
- Click Save (checkmark icon). The details will be saved.
Note: You cannot add/modify info from a field if Edit Permissions are not granted.
Admin configuration for Person section in C360 (Add Person and Detailed View): Admins can add/modify fields in the Person section in the C360 from Administration > C360 Layouts. Two new tabs are provided for Add Person dialog and Detailed View in C360.
- Navigate to Administration > C360 Layouts.
- Edit or create a new layout.
- Add/edit the Person section in the layout.
- In the Person section, click the Settings (gear) icon. The Person Configuration dialog appears.
In the Add Person tab, configure the fields to display while adding a person record.
The fields added in this dialog will be available at C360 > + PERSON > Add Person dialog.
In the ADD PERSON tab, Admins can add fields from the Person object and Company Person object. Custom fields and Standard fields will be available in this tab for selection.
In the DETAIL VIEW tab, configure fields that will be available in the C360 > Person > Detailed View. Custom fields and Standard fields will be available in this tab for selection.
In the DETAIL VIEW tab, once you have added a field, hover and click Settings.
Enable/disable the Edit Permission option.
If you enable the option, users will be able to add/modify info from the C360 > Detailed View.
If you disable the option, users will not be able to add/modify info from C360 > Detailed View.
Click SAVE after configuring fields in all of the tabs.
Configure Global Search for Person records: Configure the fields available for a user to search for Person records. The fields selected in the Administration > Person page will include the unique identifiers for which person records are searched. You can add up to 5 fields in the Person page.
- Navigate to Administration > Person. The Person Config page appears.
- From the Available Fields pane, drag the required fields to the Selected Fields area.
- After selecting some fields, click SAVE.
Add up to 6 List View Fields: End users can add up to 6 list view columns in Custom Views in Cockpit, C360 and R360 pages, and Admins can now add up to 6 list view fields to the Cockpit List View from Administration > Calls to Action.
- The number of columns you see in the Cockpit, C360 and R360 > Cockpit pages depends on your browser resolution. To learn how the view varies based on various browser resolutions, refer the Cockpit List View article..
- You can only see all 6 list view fields if you set your browser resolution to 1920.
In Cockpit, C360 and R360 > Cockpit sections, end users can create custom list views, and select their own list view columns. The selected columns will replace the list view fields configured by the Admin in Administration > Calls to Action.
For more information on how to create Custom List Views in Cockpit, refer the Create Custom Views in Cockpit article.
To configure the list view fields:
- Navigate to Administration > Calls to Action > List view field configuration.
- Click ‘X’, if you would like to remove a default list view field.
- Click +ADD.
- Select the required list view fields. (maximum 6 fields)
Note: The selected list view fields are also visible in C360 and R360 > Cockpit sections.
Gainsight Data Management
- Introduction of new data type URL: A new data type URL is introduced in Gainsight data management to create fields for storing website URLs. You can create a field of data type URL in any object. You can ingest values into these data type fields that:
- Start with either http:// or https://
- End with a suffix like .com, or .org, etc.
Values that don’t meet these definitions will not be ingested into this field through any ingestion channel.
You can ingest values into these fields post upgrade to Gainsight version v5.15, but the values appear as strings (not hyperlinks) in other product areas like Reporting, CTA detail view, etc. Note: Displaying these values as hyperlinks in other product areas will be supported in a future release.
- Object Graph: A new tab called Object Graph is introduced in each MDA object management page to see MDA joins between the current MDA object and another. This helps you identify the joins between multiple objects before you delete any records in the current object.
Prerequisite: The admin who wants to see an object graph should be an active user in the user management page. For more information, refer User Management.
To see the Object Graph of any object, navigate to Administration > Data Management > Select an object > Click the Object Graph tab. In the following image, a sample object graph for the object Relationship is shown for reference:
The first time you click Object Graph, the system will display a message asking you to visit the page again later. It may take a maximum of 10 minutes to load the object graph and to enable the On Delete option in the MDA Joins. For more information on the On Delete option, refer to the next enhancement.
Following are the characteristics of an Object Graph:
- Current object is always shown in Blue, whereas other objects to which the current object has MDA Joins with are shown in Green, as shown in the image above.
- Object graph shows MDA joins between the objects, for up to three levels by default. Click more levels to see another three levels of MDA joins in the graph; using this you can see any number of levels of MDA joins.
- Direction of arrow between any two objects shows the Joins from one object to another. In the image above, Activity Timeline object has a field in which MDA joins is applied to a field in the Relationship object.
- If you click this arrow, the pair of fields that are applied with MDA joins along with direction is shown. For more information on MDA Joins, refer this article.
- You can see options on the top left side to move the graph in four directions and zoom in/out.
- Color coding of the MDA joins in the bottom right corner defines the type of On Delete option configuration. For more information, refer to the next enhancement.
‘On Delete’ option in the MDA Joins: You can see a new option called On Delete while creating an MDA join from a field in any object to another. There are three items, None, Set Null, and Cascade Delete available in this option and you can select any one of them. Functions of these items are explained below:
Cascade Delete: When the lookup record is deleted, the corresponding record in the current object is deleted.
Set Null: When the lookup record is deleted, the corresponding value in the current field is Set Null.
None: When the lookup record is deleted, no action will be taken in the current object.
Post upgrade of your Gainsight org to version v5.15, you can use this option and configure On Delete MDA joins as required. This configuration does not trigger deleting or setting Null any records in the current object until you can delete records from either Company or Relationship object from the Data Operation page. Gainsight will support deleting the records from Company and Relationship objects starting in the v5.16 release.
- On Delete option is not enabled until you click the Object Graph in any object. For more information on the Object Graph, refer to the previous enhancement.
- You can see only None item in the On Delete option while applying MDA join from a:
- Custom field in the User or Person object.
- Custom field of any object to either User or Person object.
Both of these conditions are imposed to make sure that none of the records are deleted from either User or Person object.
- By default, On Delete option in the existing MDA joins is set Null from a custom field in any object, but from the User or Person object, it is set to None. On Delete option in the existing MDA joins is set to None from any field to either User or Person object.
- Currently, On Delete functionality does not work even when you can delete records from a custom object (from the data management page) that has lookup to another custom object.
You cannot apply MDA Joins from any standard or system field.
You can apply MDA joins from any custom field of data type String, GSID, SFDC ID, and email.
Components Introduced in 5.15 Release
The following tab is introduced:
Permission Sets updated in 5.15 Release
With every new release, the Gainsight and SFDC permission sets are updated for several features to give access to new objects, fields, apex classes, and visualforce pages. The following table lists the components for which the Admin, Standard, Read-only, and/or Special permission sets are updated in this release.
The following permissions are modified:
Mismatch in consideration of Rule timezones: The Rule Date filter considered the UTC timezone instead of the org’s timezone. But the rule schedule continues to run on the org’s timezone. As a result, many records were wrongly filtered due to the mismatch in timezones. This issue is now fixed.
Field mappings do not load if MDA object and SFDC object share same names: When the names of an MDA object and an SFDC object were same, and you tried to edit a rule in which the action type ‘Load to SFDC object’ or ‘Load to MDA object’ was used and selected one of these objects as target object, the field mappings on the Rule Action page did not load. This issue is now resolved and you can apply field mappings as expected in this use case.
Bionic rules preview results sorted incorrectly: In a Bionic Rule, numeric fields in the results are not sorted correctly in Preview at the Setup Rule page. This issue is now resolved and you can see preview results in the correct order.
Comments concatenated in the ‘Load to Milestone’ action type: In the Setup Action window for Load to Milestone Action Type, the Comments were concatenated and displayed in a single line, even though you entered the comments in multiple lines. This issue is now fixed.
Unable to edit Rule change scheduler: If the timezone in Gainsight (applies to Rules Engine also) was changed by the Admin, you did not have option to change the timezone in the rule chain scheduler that was configured earlier. This issue is resolved with an enhancement that you can now change the Rule chain scheduler in the Schedule page.
Powerlist failed to load fields, for certain Dataspaces: When creating a Powerlist using a Dataspace, the Powerlist page may have frozen and did not load the fields. (This happened because the respective fields were deleted from SFDC). This issue is now resolved.
Images in emails appear enlarged when viewed in Microsoft Outlook: If an Email Template containing images was mailed through an Outreach or Advanced Outreach, any customer viewing the mail in Microsoft Outlook (versions 2010, 2013, 2017) found the image size to be much larger than its actual size. This issue is now resolved.
Click-To-Open Rate displayed incorrect Percentage: The Click-To-Open Rate section on the Outreach Analytics page displayed an incorrect percentage value for the links clicked by the user. This issue is now resolved and you can view the correct percentage of clicks for every link under the Click-to-open Rate section.
Advanced Outreach sent mails without a Subject: Certain participants were receiving emails with blank subjects through an Advanced Outreach. This issue has now been resolved, and all participants in an Advanced Outreach should receive emails with the correct subject line.
Date format mismatch in exported Excel/CSV vs. report in Report Builder: The date field in the Report created using Report Builder is MM/DD/YYYY format, but when exported to Excel has YYYY/MM/DD format. This issue is addressed and fixed now.
AO Email/Participant data not loading in report builder: In Report Builder, when you select the objects AO Participants or AO Emails, the screen keeps loading and cannot proceed further. This issue is now addressed and resolved.
Display names for show me fields are not getting saved in the report: In a report, any changes made to the display names of the Show me fields were not saving. This issue is now addressed and resolved.
Report Builder CSV export ( pivot reports): Previously, CSVs exported from pivoted reports were displaying the incorrect chronological order. This issue is addressed and resolved now.
- Exporting Dashboard as a CSV file failed: Any attempt to email a Dashboard Report resulted in the failure of the task and returned an error message. This issue is now resolved.
Homepage does not load when the global filter is changed: The Gainsight home page worked fine, when loaded initially. But when the global filter is changed on the homepage, the homepage did not load. This issue is now resolved and the homepage loads when you change the global filter.
Unable to access Account/CTA from a Homepage report: Previously, when an attempt was made to access an Account or Call To Action record from a report on the Gainsight Homepage, the “You can’t access Lightning Experience” error message was displayed. This issue is now resolved and you can now access Accounts and Call to Actions from Gainsight Home reports.
Unable to use the String fields of AO Participant Activity object: When any String fields of the AO Participant Activity Object located under the AO Participant lookup, were included either in the Show me field or Filter fields of a report, an “Internal Server Error” message was displayed (only when data records exceed 1000). This issue is now resolved and you can generate reports on the String fields of AO Participant Activity Object.
Incorrect data exported: When a report was exported in CSV file format, the resulting export displayed either incorrect data or very few rows as compared with the original report. This issue is now resolved and the exported report has the same data as in the actual report.
href included in Accounts with symbols: When an Account name contained a ‘<’ or a ‘>’ symbol, and a report run on this Account, the Account name was displayed with an href attribute in the report. This issue is now resolved.
Adding a report to the container throws an error: Deleting a container with a report from the dashboard, and again trying to add the same report to the container throws an error. This issue is addressed and resolved now.
First column header in the exported CSV is showing DB field name report on MDA object: Previously, when a report is built on MDA object, the first column name in the exported CSV has special characters in it. This issue is now resolved and the first column name appears correctly.
Success Snapshot PPTs are exported with truncated graphs: Previously, the Success Snapshot presentation files exported with truncated graphs.This issue is addressed and resolved now.
Reset option not working properly in multiple iterations: Previously, reset option on dashboard filters was not working properly when you tried to reset more than once. This issue is resolved and the reset option works fine now.
CTA does not close if the mandatory field is not populated: You could not close CTAs in which the mandatory fields are not populated. There was no error message displayed either which could have helped users understand the issue. However, this issue has now been resolved and an error message is displayed which asks you to populate the mandatory fields.
C360 page caused issues when viewed in Console mode: A C360 page can also be viewed from Console mode. Previously, if you opened any Case from the Case section, the case opens in a new tab but the original C360 page does not appear properly. This issue is now resolved.
Summary section of R360 loaded slowly: The Summary section of an R360 page took about a minute to load. This issue is now addressed and R360 Summary page loads quickly.
Report failed to render on R360 if MDA object is configured as associated object: In a Report, if an MDA object is configured as an associated object, the Report did not render on the R360 view. This issue is now addressed.
Survey total participant count displayed incorrect value: When you sent out Surveys from Outreach or Advanced Outreach sections, the total participant count of the Survey displayed an incorrect value. This issue is fixed and now you can view the right number of participants who took the survey.
Mismatch in values between raw data and bar chart data: For a ranking question, there was a mismatch between raw data and bar chart data. This issue is fixed and now you can see no difference between raw data and data displayed on the bar chart, for a ranking question.
Survey responses displayed incorrect account: When SFDC Contact ID or Relationship Contact ID was mapped within an Advanced Outreach, the contact or relationship contact's account would be populated in the survey response instead of the account mapping configured in the outreach. This issue has been fixed, and the account field is populated from the correctly mapped field.
Currently, if you load Null values into target fields and there are no additional field mappings, the rule execution fails. This issue will be resolved very soon.
Person section in C360 (Admin Config)
The fields added in Administration > C360 Layouts > [open a layout] > Add Person, List View, and Detail View cannot be rearranged once they are added. This issue will be addressed in the next release.
If the Refresh the power list before outreach execution checkbox is selected before the Outreach is executed, an unwanted Powerlist.csv file iss downloaded. This issue will be resolved very soon.
The following icons are used in this article:
|Icon used in this Doc||Description|
|This symbol indicates that the enhancement was made only in MDA|
|This symbol indicates that the enhancement was made in both MDA and SFDC|
|This symbol indicates that the enhancement was made only in SFDC|
|This symbol indicates that an enhancement originated as a customer suggestion on the Gainsight Community|