Release Notes Version 5.10 November 2017: Summary List 2
Enhancements are categorized into two groups: automatic updates that don’t require admin configuration to take advantage of, and incremental improvements to existing features that require some admin configuration. Please note, a module such as CoPilot or Surveys may have enhancements in more than one of these categories.
: This symbol indicates that an enhancement originated as a customer suggestion on the Gainsight Community.
Short on time? Watch our 6-min. release highlights video to see what's new in Gainsight! Links to release webinar recordings are available at the bottom of the page.
- Gantt charts in Success Plans can now be viewed on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis along with the editable Due Date and Owner fields. See Success Plans: Gantt Chart View.
- In Email Assist, unmapped tokens are depicted in red, and mapped tokens are depicted in grey.
- Contacts are now synced while syncing Gainsight tasks to Salesforce tasks. See Configure and Sync Tasks from Gainsight to Salesforce.
- Linked objects now have a direct SFDC record hyperlink. Also, in CTA detail view > Customers tab, a hyperlink is added which navigates you to the corresponding SFDC Account page. See Configure CTA Linked Objects.
- The color legend behavior is now standardized across all chart report types containing legends. Resources: How to build basic reports and the Graphical Report Overview section in the Gainsight Home (Dashboards) Overview article.
- Dashboard Builder and Success Snapshot load time has been improved.
- Attachment limits are increased to 30 MB per activity in Activities. See Use Timeline to log Activities.
- UX has been redesigned in Advanced Outreaches to make it more clear and also to enhance the ability to edit email titles for all Adv. Outreach models. See Configure Adv. Outreaches path.
- All the task results can now be viewed and downloaded from Administration > Rules Engine > RULES LIST > [Select any Bionic Rule] > EXECUTION HISTORY. See Scheduling Rules.
- Advanced Logic is introduced in the Criteria section at Administration > Rules Engine > +RULE (Bionic Rules) > Setup Action. See Setup Rule Action Types.
- In Bionic Rules for relationships, all data sources (SFDC, MDA) are now supported. See Bionic Rules for Account vs. Relationships.
- The ability to abort any rule run (manual, test, scheduled) is now added to Rules and Rule Chain executions. See Scheduling Rules and Rules Engine List View, Timeline View, Rule Chain View and Navigation.
- The new ‘Sort by’ option Last run status is now added in Rules Engine List View. See Rules Engine List View, Timeline View, Rule Chain View and Navigation.
- The system aborts Bionic Rules automatically if the execution time of the Bionic rules exceeded the maximum limit of 8 hours. See Bionic Rules - Prerequisite Knowledge and Limitations.
- In Sharing > 360 Layouts > Section configurations, Scorecard 2.0 and Success Plans are now included under Available sections along with the Summary, Account Attributes, Related List, and Relationships sections. See Configure Shared 360.
- In the 360 Layouts > [edit New/Existing Layout] > Sharing settings > Security Settings area, IP address can now be filtered by selecting the IP Based Access check box.
- C360/R360 layouts can now be shared with internal Users or external Contacts. For more information on the GS User and GS Person objects, see Gainsight User Object and Gainsight Person Object Model.
- Three new system fields named GS Created Date, GS Modified Date, and GSID are automatically generated by the system in the new and existing custom objects.
- The migration tool now has the ability to move Scorecards 2.0 configurations, schema, and metadata from one org to another. See Cross-Org Migration for Scorecards 2.0.
- Migrate a system object in a source org to a custom object in a target org. Also, see Cross-Org Migration.
- Dropdown (Picklist) and Date Time fields can now be added as custom fields to an activity layout. For more information about how to create a custom dropdown category and display in the Activity Layout, see Dropdown List and Multiselect Dropdown List, and general info is in Configure Timeline View for C360 and R360.
- Activities in Timeline can now be synced with Salesforce Events in Administration > Activity Sync page.
- A new option for Admins to initiate an immediate manual sync of Timeline Activities from Administration > Activity Sync page is provided.
- Reports can now be created on Timeline Activity notes in the Report Builder. For general information, see Configure Timeline View for C360 and R360.
- Admins can now change the scorecard Scheme Type (Numeric, Color, or Grade) after it is created.
- Admins can now delete and customize scheme ranges. See Configure Scorecards 2.0.
- Success Plans can now be shared as a link via email with Contacts & Users. See Success Plan Sharing.
- Share a plan as a section in External 360. See Configure Shared 360.
- Admins can now add the Success Plan Owner (SP Owner) by searching for the dynamic objective owner in the Success Plan template. See Configure Success Plans for the C360/R360.
- Admins can now edit the Description field label name while configuring a Success Plan in Administration > Workflow > Success Plans.
- Admins can now add custom fields while configuring a Success Plan using Bionic Rules. See Creating Success Plans Using Rules Engine.
- Admins can now create a maximum of 20 CTA types per entity/account in Administration > Calls to Action > Call to action type > [click +TYPE].
- From the Gainsight Home tab, CSMs can now share a dashboard as a link through email with a user. See Dashboard Sharing.
CoPilot (Advanced Outreaches)
- Use the scheduler feature to bring participants from Powerlists and Query Builder sources into Advanced Outreach.
- Emails can now be previewed in Advanced Outreach models.
- Advanced Outreach offers an activity feed that appears as a flow diagram and displays each step of the participant journey in the Advanced Outreach. See Participant Activity Feed.
- Advanced Outreach emails can now send Shared C360 Layouts to contacts who are loaded to GS Person/Internal User. Related resources: Adding Participants to an Advanced Outreach, Configure Model and Emails for Advanced Outreach.
- External Events can now be used to Trigger an Advanced Outreach. See Tutorial: Use External Events to Trigger an Advanced Outreach.
- Support for setting up actions on outputs of multiple tasks in Administration > Rules Engine > +RULES (Bionic Rules) > Setup Action. See Setup Rule Action Types.
- Load to Relationship Person and Load to Scorecard History action types are available in Administration > +RULE (Bionic Rules) > Setup Action > Action Type.
Note: Load to Person is now renamed to Load to Company Person. See Gainsight Person Object Model and Setup Rule Action Types.
- New functions are available in Formula Builder of Transformation task in Bionic Rules. See Formula Builder in Bionic Rules and Bionic Rule Trend Calculation.
- View C360 Summary based on layout configuration.
- View C360 Attributes and select from multiple Attribute sections as needed.
- Scorecard response can now be filtered based on the measure group.
- Timeline Activities can now be filtered by Activity Type.
- Query for the name of the CSM assigned to an account.
- Relevant resources: Using Gainsight Sally in Slack (End-user) and Admin Configuration for Sally.
- Admins can now populate GSID from another record by looking up to one or more fields in the same standard object with a new functionality Self Object Lookup. See Data Import Lookup.
- A new MDA object named Relationship Person in the Person object model is introduced to store the attributes of a person in association with a Relationship. See Gainsight Person Object Model.
- After the V5.10 release, Gainsight does not support creating new projects in the older versions of Mixpanel, Segment, and Data Load Configuration in Administration > Connectors. Gainsight recommends to use V2.0 of Mixpanel and Segment in Administration > Connectors 2.0 and to use Bionic Rules for data aggregations.
The Release Notes are organized into the following articles:
- Webinar #1 - Cockpit, SP's, Timeline, Scorecards 2.0, Bionic Rules (45 mins.)
- Webinar #2 - Adv. Outreach, Gainsight Everywhere, Sally for Slack, Reporting (60 mins.)
If you have feedback or questions on these enhancements or the documentation, please share them on community.gainsight.com.