The purpose of the release notes is to inform users of the various bug fixes, enhancements, and UI/UX changes incorporated in the Gainsight application. It may also contain procedures for using new or modified features.
The following sections describe the enhancements made in Gainsight version 4.29.
1. Enhancement Location: Cockpit > Playbook > [Create a playbook and task]
Description: You can now choose whether weekends are included while assigning task due date. Earlier, by default, all weekends were skipped for task due date.
The task due date now has the following options:
- Skip all weekends: If selected, this will skip all weekends, if any, while calculating the due date. For example, if a task’s assign date is 8th Jul, 2015 (Wed) and the due date is set as Assign Date + 10 Days, the task’s due date after skipping 2 weekends will be 22nd Jul, 2015 (Wed).
- Skip weekend if due on a weekend: If selected, while calculating the due date, this will skip weekends if the due date falls on weekends. For example, if a task’s assign date is 8th Jul, 2015 and the due date is set as Assign Date + 10 Days, the task’s due date after skipping 18th (Sat) and 19th (Sun) will be 20th Jul, 2015 (Mon).
- Do not skip weekend: If selected, while calculating the due date, this will not skip weekends even if the due date falls on weekends. For example, if a task’s assign date is 8th Jul, 2015 (Wed) and the due date is set as Assign Date + 10 Days, the task’s due date will be 18th Jul, 2015 (Sat).
- By default, the value is set to Skip weekend if due on a weekend.
- After Gainsight 4.29 upgrade, all existing playbook tasks will be set to Skip all weekends.
This enhancement is not available while setting a CTA due date from Create CTA action in Rules Engine and Surveys. It will be available in a future release. This enhancement also applies to the playbook tasks assigned to a CTA via the rules engine.
1. Enhancement Location: Cockpit > CoPilot > Email Templates
Description: You can resize the email canvas width using the Canvas Size icon as shown in the image below. This helps you send an email with the same width same as that of the canvas width. For example, a larger canvas size can help you embed larger images in an email, which can be viewed as-is at the recipient's end. In addition, a More Options icon is now available, which contains additional icons if the email canvas size is small.
Note: The canvas width can range from 320 to 1024 pixels.
2. Enhancement Location: Cockpit > Copilot > Outreach > [Click on any of the existing outreach]
- The Outreach Info tab now offers links to the email template and power list being used for the selected outreach.
- The Execution History tab now contains Type and Skipped columns.The Type column describes the outreach execution type (manual or scheduled), whereas the Skipped column includes the number of accounts/contacts that were skipped while sending the outreach. You can hover over the Skipped column number for additional details. The contacts are marked as skipped due to the following reasons:
- Prior outreach execution to the contact’s email ID must have been bounced.
- The contact may have unsubscribed from Success Communication emails.
- The Send email once in [number] days was selected while configuring the email, and the contact already received the outreach in the past few days.
- Contacts that mark the email as spam are automatically added to the unsubscribe list.
- No emails are sent to unsubscribed contacts from Copilot or Rules Engine.
The following enhancements are made in Reporting.
1. Enhancement Location: Generate a report
Description: We now support Export as Excel and Export as Image features on the following browsers:
- Safari (supported only on MAC).
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11.
2. Enhancement Location: Administration > Success Snapshot
Description: The word BETA is now removed from the Success Snapshot tab.
3. Enhancement Location: Gainsight Home Page
Description: The Gainsight home page now offers a layout search field instead of a drop-down menu. (below image)
The following enhancement is made in Rules Engine.
- Enhancement Location: Administration > Rules
Description: While performing a test run, manual run, or scheduled run on the created rules, we are now using OAuth instead of the user’s logged-in session ID. Therefore, you must enable Authorize MDA at Administration > Integration. In addition, if Authorize MDA is not enabled, you can enable it while scheduling the rule.
Your Salesforce account must be authorized for MDA. Otherwise, you will get a rule execution failure notification in logs and in an email, as shown in the image above. The following rule execution failure notification can be viewed using View Logs link under Execution History, which is present in the rule’s detail view screen.
The above rule execution failure notification is received in an email if your Salesforce account is not authorized for MDA.
While setting up a rule, Preview Results works without MDA authorization because it uses the logged-in user’s session ID. Therefore, to prevent rule execution failure, ensure that your Salesforce account is authorized for MDA before scheduling a rule.
1. Enhancement Location: Administration > Integrations > Google Analytics
Description: Google Analytics connector now offers support for configuring multiple projects.
In addition, on each Google Analytics project you can now perform the following operations:
- Revoke: Revoking an authorized project removes the project’s association with Google Analytics. In addition, the aggregation process for the revoked project will be stopped.
Note: Revoking authorized project does not delete project settings.
- Delete Project: Deletes the Google Analytics project setup from MDA.
- Authorize: Allows you to authorize a new project or a revoked project.
Note: For authorization on a revoked project, the user must have access to the already configured Google Analytics view (profile).
2. The following fields are introduced in mapping.
- sourceValue, sourceFieldType, expression, and timeFunctions.
3. Support for inserting data with date has been introduced. Default value method or Default value expression can be used to insert the date value.
4. Error messages have been enhanced to make troubleshooting effective.
The following sections describe the issues addressed in Gainsight version 4.29.
1. Issue Location: Copilot > Outreach > Configure Email > Sample Run
Description: When executing Sample Run, the test recipient of the outreach received the success communication along with an Excel sheet containing the list of contacts who will receive the communication, which was an incorrect behavior.
Fix Offered: When executing Sample Run, the test recipient now receives only the success communication. The Excel sheet containing the list of contacts who will receive the success communication is available in the Outreach execution result email that is sent to the user who executed the Sample Run.
2. Issue Location: Copilot > Power Lists
Description: Power lists that had Account fields in Select fields and not Account::Id gave unexpected results.
Fix Offered: If you are facing this issue, you are requested to install Gainsight Version 4.29.2 and then open the power list, which is causing the issue, and save it. If the issue is not addressed, please raise a request with Gainsight Customer Support.
The following issues are addressed in Rules Engine.
1. Issue Location: Administration > Rules > [Click any rule with a very long name]
Description: The rule name appeared cluttered with icons on the rule detail view screen.
Fix Offered: The issue is now resolved. The rule name text that cannot be accommodated in the UI is truncated, and you can hover over the rule name to view the entire rule name.
2. Issue Location: Administration > Rules > [Create a rule and add select the Action Type as Set Score]> click on Set Score from (the NA icon)
Fix Offered: The issue is now resolved. The rule name is now validated and encoded before rendering in the UI.
4. Issue Location: Administration > Rules > Configure
Description:When performing Data Load Configuration on a rule with a calculated measure, the user was able to add the calculated measure from Field Selection to Selected Fields.
Fix Offered:This issue is now resolved. You can no longer add a calculated measure from Field Selection to Selected Fields. This prevents loading of data into calculated measures.
Description: An unwanted Renew Score icon appeared.
Fix Offered: The unwanted Renew Score icon is now removed.
Note: For rules that already have calculated measures under Selected Fields, the rule execution fails and an Excel sheet containing the failure reason is sent to the email ID.
5. Issue Location: Administration > Rules > Configure
Description: Read-only collections, such as Email raw events, appeared in Data Load Configuration, which was an incorrect behavior.
Fix Offered: This issue is now fixed. Read-only collections, such as email logs no longer appear in Data Load Configuration. This prevents loading of data into read-only collections.
6. Issue Location: Administration > Rules > [Click on any of the existing rules]
Description: When a rule that is scheduled to run for future is switched to the OFF state, on the rule details page under the Rule Info section the scheduled Next Run is displayed, which is an incorrect behavior.
Fix Offered: This issue is now resolved. The rule details page no longer shows Next Run for scheduled rules that are in the OFF state.
7. Issue Location:Administration > Rules > [Create a rule with aggregated field]
Description: When setting up a rule, if you have an aggregated show field (for example, Account::Count of Account name), the aggregated field (for example, Account::Count of Account name) did not appear when you added a criteria while setting up an action for the created rule.
Fix Offered: This issue is now resolved. The aggregated field now appears when you add a criteria while setting up an action for the created rule.
The following issues are addressed in Reporting.
1. Issue Location: Administration > UI Settings > [Click on any of the existing UI view]
Description: When a picklist field had values containing parentheses (for example, Work (In Progress)), in the Edit mode the value with parentheses was not selectable.
Fix Offered: This issue is now resolved. A picklist containing values with parentheses is now selectable in the Edit mode.
2. Issue Location: Administration > UI Settings > Custom Labels > [Gainsight Label -> Stage]
Description: Earlier while creating a custom label for Stage, the created custom label was replaced in all Gainsight object fields, which was an incorrect behavior.
Fix Offered: This issue is now resolved. The renamed Stage field is now assigned only to Customer Info object.
1. Issue Location: Customer 360
Description: When Gainsight Mobile was used on Salesforce 1, pages that had lengthier data appeared blank. The user had to close Gainsight Mobile and launch it again. However, the problem persisted.
Fix Offered: The issue is now resolved. When using Gainsight Mobile on Salesforce 1, pages with lengthier data now appear as expected.
- When building a report using a Redshift collection, if Show me fields are not present, an exception occurs.
- When aggregation is performed on NULL values of a Redshift collection, the values are returned as NULL instead of 0.
- When building a report on a Redshift collection, the field added in Show me appears again while adding another field in Show me, which is an incorrect behavior.
- When using filters on a Redshift collection, you must apply parenthesis in the filter expression for obtaining correct results. For example, if the filter expression is entered as A OR B AND C, by default, the expression is evaluated as A OR (B AND C).
- When joining two collections, the user is able to create a join on columns of different data types, which is an incorrect behavior.
- If bridged tables contain duplicate records, the query performance gets affected. Moreover, when generating a report duplicate records are not eliminated.
Extra Sponsor Tracking CTAs
- You might come across extra Sponsor Tracking CTAs, some of which might be false positives. You are requested to close these extra CTAs using mass edit. You might see this happening over a week to 10 days, before subsiding. These extra CTAs are being generated because we have made some infrastructural changes to Sponsor Tracking to make it more accurate and reliable.
- When all tasks in a playbook have due date selected as “Skip if due on weekend,” the CTA due date is calculated incorrectly.
- In the CTA detail view, if you assign a value to the lookup field that is present in the linked object, you will be unable to clear it.
- On Firefox version 38.0 and on Chrome version 43, while creating an email template if you have more than 6 tokens, and formatted text, and if these are selected to clear the formatting using the formatting icon, the browser crashes.
- If a success communication (containing a button) email template is created on Firefox version 38.0, the button alignment appears incorrectly on iPod.
- On Firefox version 38.0, while creating an email template, if you click the Manage your subscription preferences here link, an error occurs and the changes made to the template are lost. You must save the template before clicking the link.
- On Firefox version 38.0, while creating an email template, the Arial Black font is not supported. However, it works on Firefox version 36.0 and Chrome.
- You can modify the CTA due date to a date that is earlier than its task due date, which is incorrect.
- Gainsight Mobile supports Chatter posts only on a CTA.
- When synced task is modified from Gainsight Mobile, the changes do not appear in the Salesforce task object.