Relationship related objects refer to any custom SFDC objects that have a lookup to the GS Relationship object. The exception being the Relationship Contact object, which is a Gainsight object.
- Populate the relationship contacts automatically in the Relationship Contact section on the R360 page using the Load to Relationship Related Objects action type in rules engine.
- Copilot, Survey, and Sponsor Tracking for Relationship works based on Relationship Contacts. This requires populating data into the Relationship Contact object manually, or using the Load to Relationship Related Objects.
- Relationships are already created and the respective data of these relationships is available in the GS Relationship object.
- Respective cases of each relationship are created by various contacts, and the details are available in the Case object.
Note: You might have a different structure for storing contacts. It is possible that you may have stored contacts as primary contacts or subscription contacts. You must figure out the object that contains contacts for the relationships you created.
- Add relationship contact details to the Relationship Contact object by fetching data from GS Relationship and Case objects.
Load to Relationship Contact
To load to Relationship Contact:
- Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine and enter or select the following details:
- Rule Type: Select Custom.
- Rule For: Select Relationship.
- Relationship Type: Select the appropriate relationship. For example, Projects in this tutorial.
- Rule Name: Enter the desired rule name. For example, Loading Relationship Contacts for Projects in this tutorial.
- Description: Enter description, if any.
2. Click NEXT.
3. Under Setup Rule, from Select a source object, select Case and then drag-and-drop Contact ID in the Show section.
Note: We are selecting the Case object in this tutorial because we want to fetch the contacts for each relationship. In this tutorial, contacts who raise support tickets are related to the relationships.
- Click NEXT.
- Click + ACTION.
- Under Setup Action, from Action Type select Load to Relationship Related Objects, from Object Name select Relationship Contact, and from Operation select Upsert.
Note: You must map the fields appropriately as shown in the following image.
- Click SAVE.
- Click RUN NOW.
- Navigate to Customers > [Click on an existing customer] > Relationships > [Click on an existing relationship] > Relationship Contact to view the newly added relationship contacts.
Note: The image below displays the list of relationship contacts that are associated with the selected relationship. For example, in this tutorial, the relationship name is Modeling and Simulation.