This tutorial helps you understand how to create relationships automatically using the rules engine. In this scenario, we will create relationships for the different projects that are associated with an account. Each project may be managed by a different CSM or AM, and therefore, using Relationships helps your organization manage each project more effectively.
- In this tutorial, we have a Project object that has a lookup to the Account object. We are automatically creating a relationship for each project of Abscoa Division, which is an account name.
- Relationship Type Name: projects
- Existing Account Name: Abscoa Division
Steps to Create Relationships
To create a relationship automatically for a project of an account:
1. Navigate to Administration > Rules Engine > + Rule.
2. Enter the following details:
- Rule Type: select custom
- Rule For: select Account
- Rule Name: enter Create Relationships (or a name of your choosing)
- (optional) Description: enter a description of the rule
3. Click Next.
4. Under Setup Rule, drag-and-drop the following fields in Show:
- Project::Project Name
5. Under Filters, drag-and-drop the following field:
- Project::Account Name field, whose value should be equal to Abscoa Division, which is an existing account name.
A relationship is automatically created for each project of Abscoa Division.
6. Click Next.
7. On the Setup Action page, under Action Type, select Load To Relationship; then select projects in Select a Relationship Type.
8. Under Field mappings, from the drop-down box select Account(string) and select Include in identifiers. Also, from the drop-down box select Project(string) and select Include in identifiers. This helps Gainsight understand if a new relationship should be created or if an existing relationship should be updated.
9. Click Save.
10. Click Run Now and then enter or select the following details:
- Rule Date: enter current date.
- Test Run: Select this if you want to perform a test run and check if you are getting the desired results.
- Send a copy of Rule Result email to: enter email IDs to whom you want to send a copy of rule results. Optionally, select Include Gainsight support if our support team is helping you troubleshoot the rule.
11. Click Run.
12. Navigate to Customer 360 > Relationships to see the created relationship.
(Optional) Manually create Relationships
After relationship types are configured, end users with the create permission can manualy create a new relationship entity for a specific customer from the C360, based on the defined relationship types.
End users can add relationships under an account from the Customer 360 > Relationships section.
- For a specific customer that you’d like to map to a relationship type, navigate to the Customer 360 Details view > Relationships section.
- Click Add to add the desired Relationship.
- Select the Relationship Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter/customize the text in the Relationship Name field.
- Then click Save. It will take you to the detailed view for this relationship.
Once the relationship is mapped, then end users can see the Relationships card view in the Customer 360 > Relationships section. Click the Relationship name in the card view to access the Relationship 360 for that particular customer.