In the Journey Orchestrator > Power List page, you can import SFDC IDs or Emails addresses from a CSV file directly. For this strategy, you must select Contact as the source object. This option is helpful in situations where you have a list of contacts’ email addresses and there’s no way to filter for them in SFDC or Gainsight, such as a list of webinar attendees. Your CSV file must contain the Contact IDs (Salesforce) and/or the associated email addresses.
This article addresses the proper CSV file format, and includes instructions for how to import contacts from a CSV file.
CSV file Format
The CSV file must contain either of the following columns:
- Contact IDs (Salesforce): Only the contact IDs in the CSV file that match with existing Salesforce contact IDs will be added to the Power List. In other words, contacts must already exist in SFDC. Any contact ID that does not match will be reported as a failed record in the excel sheet that is sent by email after a Power List is executed.
- Email addresses: Only the email addresses in the CSV file that match with the existing Salesforce contact’s email addresses are added to the Power List. If any of the email addresses in the CSV file is not associated with a contact in Salesforce, it is reported as a failed record in the Excel sheet that is sent by email after a Power List is executed.
- The CSV file size must be equal to or less than 2-MB and can contain a maximum of five thousand (5000) records.
- If a field in the email template is tokenized, these tokens are honored when the Power list is created through a CSV file.
Import contacts from a CSV file
To import contacts from a CSV file:
- In the Journey Orchestrator > Power List screen, create a Power List for Account.
- Select Salesforce as the data source.
- Select Contact as the source object.
- Click UPLOAD CSV. The Open dialog appears.
- Select a CSV file.
- After you select a CSV file, map the contact object field with the header in the csv file.
- If required, you can also delete the currently selected CSV file using the delete option.
- Click SAVE AND REFRESH. After you save the Power List, you cannot change the mapping.