Program List View and Create New Program
IMPORTANT - Impacted Due to 6.32 April/May Release - Doc Update is in progress...
Due to the latest major release this month, this article has been impacted. Steps, images, and playable GIFs in this article will soon be updated to reflect the latest changes.
Navigating to Journey Orchestrator > Program displays a list of existing Programs. Users can learn basic information regarding the Program from this view, filter the list for specific programs, and create and delete programs. They can also view publishing schedules for Programs and Outreaches, alongside refresh schedules for Program sources, in the calendar view.
Within the list view, Programs can be categorized in five status:
- Draft: The program is still being configured and is not published at this time.
- Scheduled: The program is scheduled to publish at a future date and time. The schedule can be removed by changing the program to a Draft status. For more information on scheduling Programs to publish, refer Configure Model and Emails for Programs.
- Active: The program is published and is currently running. When a Program is Active, Admins can not edit beyond the following actions:
- Generate a query to pull in participants
- Modify the schedule for when the query runs
- Configure Uniqueness Criteria
- Remove Participants
- Modify Email Templates (edits will be reflected for participants going forward)
- Modify any CTA steps (edits will be reflected for participants going forward)
For more information on these available configurations, refer Adding Participants to a Program.
- Pause: The program was published and Active, but the run was Paused. While further configurations are not possible at this time, the program can be set back to the Active status. The participants’ activity status can be captured for a period of 60 days after the program is paused. You can resume the program with the updated statuses of all participants’ activities before the pause period. Moreover, you can also resume the program from it’s original state before pausing the program.
- Stop: The program was published and Active, but was Stopped and is no longer running. No new participants will be added, and all participants are moved to the status "knocked-off". Further configurations are not possible, and the program can not be started again. For more information on how to publish Programs and change their status, refer Configure Model and Emails for Programs.
Note: Programs that belong to a relationship will be stopped, and the relationship ID will be marked as null at the Program and participant level, if the associated relationship is deleted using the Relationship delete operation. For more information on this operation, refer Data Operation.
You can filter the Program List View by clicking on the status name in the list key. The list view will then only display programs that match the selected status.
Click on the three dots of a program to see additional options.
Information: indicates the Model Type (NPS®, CSAT, Generic Survey, etc.) as well as the date it was created.
Edit: Allows the user to configure the program's participants as well as the model of the email campaign.
Clone: Allows users to create a copy of the program with the same configurations. The clone will have the same sources, but you still need to sync participants and publish the program to make it active. The application does not allow you to edit the cloned program until the cloning is completed, and you can view the cloning programs on the Draft tab. The In-progress status of program cloning is indicated with a new icon.
Activity Feed: Allows users to view an activity feed for each participant. The activity feed appears as a flow diagram and displays each step of the participant journey in the Program. This includes when the participant was sent an email, how long the participant waited between each step, view the participant responses to a survey, and when the participant was dropped from the AO journey and also the failure reason. For more information regarding the Activity Feed feature, refer Program: Participant Activity Feed.
Analytics: This navigates to the pre-built analytic reports for that specific Program. For more information, refer Program Analytics.
Delete: Deletes the Program.
You can view publishing schedules for Programs alongside outreach schedules and refresh schedules for Program sources by clicking on the calendar icon at the top-right of the page.
This calendar view gives you visibility into your programs, associated program source schedules, and outreaches so you can easily address conflicts. You can configure the calendar view to display by month, week, or day. By default, the view will display by month.
- TODAY Button: Click to view the current date.
- Navigation arrows: Click the left arrow to navigate to the previous month, week, or day (depending on the time range selected) of the current view. Click the right arrow to navigate to the next month, week, or day.
- Time range being viewed: Displays the month, week, or day of the current view
- Unit of time drop-down field: Click to configure the calendar view to display months, weeks, or days.
- View Selection: Click to the list icon to navigate to the Program list view. Click the calendar icon to navigate to the calendar view.
- Program Schedule Checkbox: Click to display/hide scheduled programs.
- Source Schedule Checkbox: Click to display/hide refresh schedules for program sources.
- Outreach Schedule Checkbox: Click to display/hide scheduled outreaches.
Configure a Program
- Click the +CREATE option in the top-right to create and configure a new Program.
- Name: Specify the name of the Program; this will only be visible to internal users.
- Type: Select if the Program is configured for Accounts or Relationship or User.
Note: If you select User type, only the Email Chain model is available in the Program Model section.
- Folder: Select a folder for the new Program. If no folder is selected, the Program is moved to the Uncategorized folder. For more information on Folders in Programs, refer to the Folders in Programs section.
- Model: Select the Model to be used for this Program. For more information, refer Available Models for Programs.
- Survey: Select the survey to be used as part of this Program. You can select surveys built with Surveys 1.0 and Surveys 2.0. This field will only be visible if you have selected a survey model.
Note: If you do not have the Distribute permission for a surveys 2.0 survey, it will not be visible as a selection for this field. For more information on permissions, refer Surveys 2.0 Permissions.
- In-line Survey Checkbox: Check this if you would like to insert an in-line survey question as part of your Program. Checking this will display another field to select the survey question to be used as an in-line question. Only single-select questions on the first page of the survey will be available for selection. For more information on in-line survey questions, refer In-Line Survey Overview.
Folders in Programs
Users can create folders in Programs pages to organize your programs accordingly. All the folders are displayed in the left pane on the respective page. If you click any particular folder name, all the programs included in that folder are displayed in the right pane. Gainsight provides a default folder called Uncategorized where all of the existing Programs are stored. You cannot modify the name of this folder or delete it.
To create a new folder:
- Click the + icon.
- (Optional) Select the folder under which you want to nest this folder.
- In the Folder Name field, enter a name for the folder.
- Click ADD.
Move Programs to Folder
Once you create a folder, you can move the Programs created into the newly created folder.
Note: Single Program cannot be part of multiple folders.
To move the programs to a folder:
- Select the check box for the required program(s).
- From the MOVE TO dropdown list, select the required folder or drag and drop to a particular folder.
- Click OK.
You can delete a folder if it has no other sub folders under it or it does not contain any Programs. You cannot delete the Uncategorized folder.
To delete a folder:
- Select the required folder and click the delete icon.
- Click OK.
Folders for new Programs
The New Program page has a Folder field where you can select a folder for the new Program. If no folder is selected, the Program is moved to the Uncategorized folder.
Programs Search Bar
By clicking on the search drop-down icon in the top-right of the menu, you can select the following options to filter the Program list view.
- Program Name: The default selection for the search bar. Filter the list view for Programs with names that contain the text entered in the search bar.
- Program Model: Filter the list view for Programs configured with specific model types. The available model types are: NPS® Survey, Generic Survey, CSAT Survey, and Email Chain.
- Program Type: Filter the list view for either Relationship Programs or Account Programs.
- Program Status: Filter the list view for Programs based on their publish status. The available statuses are Draft, Active, Pause, or Stopped.
If you have questions or feedback about the feature explained in this article, please share them on community.gainsight.com.
|NPS, Net Promoter, and Net Promoter Score are registered trademarks of Satmetrix Systems, Inc., Bain & Company and Fred Reichheld.|