Introduction to Programs
With Gainsight Programs, you can design multi-step outreaches that guide your customer through a responsive series of email interactions to reach an enhanced outcome. Programs can help you:
- Translate your existing customer data into purposeful communication campaigns
- Guide customers to outcomes with precisely orchestrated outreaches
- Gain greater insight with sophisticated funnel analytics
IMPORTANT: This is a completely separate feature from the Journey Orchestrator > Outreach feature. Customers should continue to use the original Outreach option for the Time Identifier feature, which gives users the ability to send emails at different times to different recipients based on defined criteria. In all other cases, the Programs feature is the recommended option.
With Programs, Admins have more control over participants, by scheduling daily checks for new contacts within a Power List, building queries using the power of Bionic Rules, and by creating contact Exclusion Lists via a CSV. For more information on these options, refer to Adding Participants to a Program.
Multi-Version Emails are supported, and Programs only work with Email Templates 2.0.
- If you do not have access to Programs, contact email@example.com to request access.
- Before you configure the Program, you must create your email templates. Refer to the Create Journey Orchestrator Email Templates article for instructions.
Note: only email templates created with the Email Templates 2.0 designer are compatible with Programs. Multi-Version emails are supported.
- For Program models that include a survey link:
- Configure your survey in the Surveys 1.0 or Surveys 2.0 module. For surveys configured using Surveys 1.0, make sure to set Journey Orchestrator as the Email Service in the Properties section. For more information on building a Surveys 1.0 survey, refer to How to Build a Survey. For more information on building a Surveys 2.0 survey, refer to How to Configure Surveys 2.0 (Path).
- For Surveys 1.0 surveys, set up a survey domain with a secure URL (SSL) and use a secure site address to publish the survey. You can learn more about this process within the article Setup Salesforce Survey Domain & Test Survey Setup.
- For Surveys 2.0 surveys, configure a Gainsight domain, site, and page. For more information on this process, refer to Setup a Gainsight Domain.
- Programs honor all Survey 2.0 permissions. For more information on permissions, refer to Surveys 2.0 Permissions.
After the Programs feature is enabled, navigate to Journey Orchestrator > Programs to create a Program or access existing Programs.