Users can create Calculated Fields as part of a Program. They can be from any MDA or Salesforce object. Calculated fields can query account variables, such as the number of Active users per Account, the number of logins by the user, and utilization rate.
Calculated fields can be used in the following ways:
- Conditions within the Conditional Wait step to determine how the Program journey progresses
- Tokens in program email steps
- Tokens in program CTA steps
Adding Calculated Fields
Calculated Fields can be added in multiple places throughout Program configuration.
You can create calculated fields under the Calculated Fields section on the Participant Configuration page. The configured calculated fields can then be used within any step in the Program. To create a calculated field in participant configuration, take the following steps:
- Within the Model Configuration Screen, select the green Participant Configuration step.
2. Expand the Calculated Fields section of the Participant Configuration page.
3. Click +CALCULATED FIELD to open the Calculated Field configuration page.
4. Configure the calculated field. Refer to Configuring Calculated Fields for a more detailed break down on this step.
5. Click SAVE to save the calculated field.
For more information on the Calculated Fields section of the Participant Configuration page, refer to Adding Participants to a Program.
Conditional Wait Configuration
You can create new Calculated Fields under Conditional Wait steps you’ve added to the program model. The configured calculated fields can then be used within any step in the Program. To create a calculated field under Conditional Wait, take the following steps:
- Within the Model Configuration Screen, select any Conditional Wait step you have added.
2. Click the +CONDITION drop-down and select New Calculated Field.
3. Configure the calculated field. Refer to Configuring Calculated Fields for a more detailed break down on this step.
4. Click SAVE to save the calculated field.
Configuring Calculated Fields
After selecting to create a new calculated field, a pop-up window will open for calculated field configuration.
Users will need to configure the following areas:
- Field Name: Create a name for the Calculated Field
- Data Source: Select a data source from Gainsight Subject Areas, MDA Data, or Salesforce Objects.
- Show Me: Select the field to be displayed from this query. Depending on the field selected, users can configure aggregation options including Count, Count Distinct, Min, Max, Average, and Sum. For number fields, users can also configure the number of decimal places displayed and can select any combination of Sum, Average, and Median for Column Calculation.
- Filters: Define filters for the query. Users should define filters to the mapped participant fields in the Participant Configuration screen.
Note: It is important to complete this mapping to participant fields so that the Calculated Field will fetch the correct value for the participant in question. Not doing this could lead to incorrect data being queried.
You can use a combination of Field and Value to define the filters.
a. If users select Field, all mapped participants fields can be used.
b. If users select Value, the user can enter/search for values.
5. Advanced Logic: Apply Advanced Logic. “AND” or “OR” can be used between filter attributes.
6. SAVE: Save the Calculated Field.
Using Calculated Fields
Calculated Fields can be used when configuring conditions under Conditional Wait, as well as tokens to reference dynamic information for program Email and CTA steps.
For more information on using Calculated Fields as Conditions refer to Programs: Conditional Wait.
After a Calculated Field is created, you can select it as a tokenization option when configuring any program Email Step.
For more information on configuring email steps, refer to Configure Model and Emails for Programs.
Create/Close CTA Steps
After a Calculated Field is created, you can select it as a tokenization option when configuring any text field in Create CTA and Close CTA steps you’ve added to the program.
For more information on adding CTA steps to programs, refer to Configure Model and Emails for Programs.
○ When a calculated field is used as a token, it can not be deleted from the program.
○ If the calculated field value is Null for a participant, that participant will be dropped during participant sync.